Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I'm not a great fan of night-time storms, actually, especially if they're very close.  I enjoy them during the hours of daylight, but I'm not totally comfortable with them at night.

Night time storms are the best, you can see all the lightning patterns etc, best of all you have no idea until that first sparking flash ... Love em... :)
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

I have a horrible feeling we have been here before (countless times!) rain, yes and short lived, storms....I think it's a bust now tbh....anything will be too far east.

I hope I am wrong......

Posted

No guarantee of ANYTHING tonight .... it IS a WAIT AND SEE event.

Any chance of even rain ?? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

I have a horrible feeling we have been here before (countless times!) rain, yes and short lived, storms....I think it's a bust now tbh....anything will be too far east.I hope I am wrong......

Yes felt this couple of hours ago - although it is expanding now !

Might last an hour or 2 ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Nothing beats laying in bed with the curtains open watching a good storm

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Any chance of even rain ?? :)

Depends where you are .... dry as a bone here in London for days ....

Night time storms are the best, you can see all the lightning patterns etc, best of all you have no idea until that first sparking flash ... Love em... :)

Bangkok is the place to be for an AWESOME sight !!!!

I'm not a great fan of night-time storms, actually, especially if they're very close.  I enjoy them during the hours of daylight, but I'm not totally comfortable with them at night.

Take whatever we get in this country .... Bangkok is the place to be for FANTASTIC lightning and VERY VERY LOUD thunder and the MOTHER OF ALL STORMS ... i talk from personal experience !!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Stunning red sky over west London in last half hour, unfortunately photo I took on my phone doesn't do it justice, so won't put it up.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I love storms as long as they do not surprise me when I am asleep, there is nothing worse then being jolted out of bed by an explosion of sound caused by a close lightning strike!I still get a bit nervous at night when I see lightning, I think it stems from when I was younger I used to be petrified of storms, it was really bad. Even the slightest mention of storms and I would be nervous, I used to be scared of the song Think Twice by Celine Dion because there was a line saying there will be a storm tonight. Me being a child didn't realize that the two didn't have any correlation. I was born in the 90's and we all know how the 90's where for storms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some very intense rainfall (30-50mm/hour) heading for (guess where???)... The triangle of doom. Great Yarmouth looks like being repeatedly hammered.

On the plus side the rain is starting to move more NNW now. Better signs for later.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I love storms as long as they do not surprise me when I am asleep, there is nothing worse then being jolted out of bed by an explosion of sound caused by a close lightning strike!I still get a bit nervous at night when I see lightning, I think it stems from when I was younger I used to be petrified of storms, it was really bad. Even the slightest mention of storms and I would be nervous, I used to be scared of the song Think Twice by Celine Dion because there was a line saying there will be a storm tonight. Me being a child didn't realize that the two didn't have any correlation. I was born in the 90's and we all know how the 90's where for storms. 

I was much the same with the exception that I'm rather older than you (born in 1980) so I experienced most of the big 1980s storms as a child.

• Like 1

Posted

A few pics of the skies this evening, although as with Nick F, I suspect they don't do the views justice.

Fingers crossed for something stormy soon:)

post-8993-0-82245800-1400704538_thumb.jppost-8993-0-49304800-1400704568_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

'Spray' rain here at the moment. Not light, and not moderate.... But I got soaked just being outside for a minute or two.

• Like 1

Posted

Having a break from doing house up tonight, big problem at the moment is internet down etc, last time this happend the engineer said it was snails on the line, I did wonder if he was previously a network rail engineer. Anyway apparentley it's fixed and the signal just needs to send restart, personally I think it's a load of toffee, guess I be calling them back tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Thought I heard thunder in Ashford..... Nope ... an aeroplane !

• Like 1

Posted

Stunning red sky over west London in last half hour, unfortunately photo I took on my phone doesn't do it justice, so won't put it up.

Indeed it was Nick. I managed to get a few photo's from my very limited vantage point, may post some later once I've had a look at them

• Like 1

Posted

Having a break from doing house up tonight, big problem at the moment is internet down etc, last time this happend the engineer said it was snails on the line, I did wonder if he was previously a network rail engineer. Anyway apparentley it's fixed and the signal just needs to send restart, personally I think it's a load of toffee, guess I be calling them back tomorrow.

hi jason

Posted Image

Posted Image

saturday looks horrid mate

hope your well

john

• Like 2

Posted

Light rain shower in the last half an hour, but now dry.

Feeling muggy. outside thermometer reading 14 deg C. :unsure2:

Would love to see some lightning tonight, but it looks like all the action is too far away. :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

hi jason

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope your well

john

Hi John - what's your opinion for Friday for my area, please? We're thinking of going into Norwich, but might not if there's going to be too many heavy showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Torrential now in Ashford

.....No sooner do I finish typing and it stops !!!!!

Edited by TN26

Posted

hi jason

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope your well

john

I'm fine JP , long time no posty chats, hope all good for you. Saturday really looks poor , hmmmmmmm. Maybe just maybe, if we don't go, best excuse ever to get him down the pub lol. Hoping Sunday really dire, mother in laws birthday round the sister in laws for a BBQ , her other half drives me insane, thinks he is the Adonis of BBQ s and can talk for England . So hoping Sunday is a real right off lol.

Take card JP

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1