Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

perfect light pullover temperature out there right now, love it!Lets hope it continues with the occasional thundery interlude! 

Posted

I've got 26 degrees in the shade of the garden. Could this be right ? Glad I did my 7 mile country walk round the Esher area much earlier this morning in the cooler temps. Beautiful scenes, Britain really shines when it wants to.

Out of interest, what route did you take? I mostly power walk and am always after some good scenic tours:)Yep,hot, sunny and fab here today, ending with the inevitable barbecue. Brilliant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

missing the sun now

Posted

Nice photos Jax & Reefseeker :good:A warm day, Summer has finally arrived. :) Even in Greater London we failed to hit 22C to be frank, Northolt always seems to have the highest maxima 23.5C, Today. Northolt is not the most built up area, yet seems to always record the highest temperatures. Why is this?...

Northolt is very flat and open hence northlot airport hope this helps we seem to be a little cooler due to been lower down between harrow on the hill and horsendon hill but great if we get storms :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Out of interest, what route did you take? I mostly power walk and am always after some good scenic tours:)Yep,hot, sunny and fab here today, ending with the inevitable barbecue. Brilliant.

Hi Reefseeker,

I started from the Horseshoe Clump carpark , around Esher Common, West End Heath about 2 hrs total at a fairly brisk non stop pace. Its a walk from this book (number 24). A very scenic bit on the banks of the River Mole

http://www.amazon.co.uk/In-Around-London-Walks-Pathfinder/dp/0711710554/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1400448810&sr=8-43&keywords=pathfinder+guide+books

Posted

hi all

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

warm and looks dry

there is a slim chance a shower may hit the far south of our region overnight but only slim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a warm southerly flow

rainfall prediction

at 8am

Posted Image

showers should effect the far south and west of our region (there is a doubt on how far east these showers will get)

these showers look to head north east so some areas of the south east will miss these totally (they do weaken as the head north east)

at 2pm

Posted Image

showers effecting areas north of the region around this time will be patchy

however locally the odd rumble may happen but not over convinced on this

by 8pm

Posted Image

a better chance of a rumble or 2 with some heavy showers but looks restricted to the far north of our region

temps

Posted Image

22-23 degrees

locally ie west london heathrow or central 25-26 degrees

will start to feel more humid as the day progressives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the best chance in my eyes for something more widespread is tuesday just before breakfast south of our region

Posted Image

then by 12

Posted Image

starts to effect areas south east and north west of our region

later in afternoon effecting east and north east of our region

temps

Posted Image

anywhere from 18 degrees

to 24 degrees and the higher looks norfolk - suffolk areas

overnight

Posted Image

still a warm southerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

looks to be widespread heavy rain

however my call is localised heavy showers and more likely north of our region

temps

Posted Image

12-15 degrees

cape

Posted Image

there looks potential for some thundery showers overnight but to me it looks like north and north east of our region looks favourite

i am not ruling thundery showers elsewhere but dont bank on them

the best advice is watch the radar and see what happens

also wednesday late looks wet

thursday looks wet

friday starts wet

then heavy rain moving in for lunchtime on

Posted Image

friday night looks like heavy rain

saturday looks warm and another thundery risk day

it may be worth keeping an eye on rainfall totals again as flooding could start becoming a bit of an issue as we get towards next weekend

hope your all well

regards

john

• Like 7

Posted

hi vince

certainly the risk for storms is there tuesday and tues night

the day that looks interesting also is late friday

although to be honest this week has potential nearly every day

but its going to be a radar watch as a nightmare putting these in exact spots

re mcs from france i would say no although would love to be wrong on that

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats late friday above although a long way out

Posted

hi vince

yep that would do :)

certainly going to be an interesting week

i am looking forward to tuesday then fri and whatever else comes up in between

anyway gotta go bed as work tomorrow

goodnight mate

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Could hit 26c in London today, then the rest of the week looks unsettled and possibly thundery!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

19.7c here clear sky, if it stays that way I'll see a good bit of surface warming today, GFS showing a 72% chance of a storm tonight with 700 CAPE, so good chance of a homegrown storm, would really love an overnight import! Looking at the forecasts paris is due a good storm on Wednesday, so Weds night could get interesting :)

Doing a bit of analysis on tonight if we get imports or not..

First off Wind direction..

Now looking at these the red circle indicates where you want a storm to be for it to hit you..

post-12648-0-30686100-1400489209_thumb.j

Interesting feature there in terms of a convergence zone..

Posted Image

PPN...

Although after say midnight cape is very limited and LI are high elevated storms should make it..

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Reefseeker,I started from the Horseshoe Clump carpark , around Esher Common, West End Heath about 2 hrs total at a fairly brisk non stop pace. Its a walk from this book (number 24). A very scenic bit on the banks of the River Mole http://www.amazon.co.uk/In-Around-London-Walks-Pathfinder/dp/0711710554/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1400448810&sr=8-43&keywords=pathfinder+guide+books

Thanks for that FD, will order it definitely.Beautiful blue skies and sunshine from Surbiton to Uxbridge this morning; wondering whether it will be too hot to walk the running track at lunch time. Might even need to break out the sun cream if it stays this way.Have a good day everyone:)Edit: In the last 15 minutes there have been some very strong gusts whisking through the trees and rattling the blinds. Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi luke, for elevated imports you'll find it better looking at the MLCAPE charts, and also the 500hpa wind flow charts for steering winds, as surface CAPE & surface wind flow charts are pretty irrelevant at that time of night  :)

I'll pop in a post after the NMM hi-res 06z run is out with some relevant charts so we can have look at the progged parameters

Edited by ajpoolshark

Hi luke, for elevated imports you'll find it better looking at the MLCAPE charts, and also the 500hpa wind flow charts for steering winds, as surface CAPE & surface wind flow charts are pretty irrelevant at that time of night  :)

I'll pop in a post after the NMM hi-res 06z run is out with some relevant charts so we can have look at the progged parameters

I was thinking more surfaced based for now... Elevated I don't have accesses to the charts if you could that would be good :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Anyone fancy a quick jaunt over to France/Belgium with some leaf blowers to send the convection over to the UK?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Tbh, on SAT24, I haven't seen such a good fetch from Spain in a long long time. There looks to be none of this abrupt right swings over the English Channel, just straight up onto us directly Northwards. That is what used to happen alot I'm sure before 2007 anyway, as was evident from the storms we used to get. Lets hope it stays this way as it is :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Looks like towers going up here in North Surrey anyone near me see em?

Got some fair weather cumulus growing at the moment, fairly harmless looking. Feels like a good storm today though!

Posted

So many cauliflower clouds in the sky now it's only about 50% sunshine with the breeze still continuing. Be interesting to see what the afternoon and evening bring.

Edit: The scientific analysis (!) following my 3-mile walk around the running track at lunchtime is that sunshine/cloud ratio is around 80/20 even though conditions aloft give the appearance of more cloud in the sky, so the sun must be burning it off when it comes to conditions below. When the sun does go in and the wind gets up it feels like a completely different day, moving from hot sunny humidity to grey and windy within a matter of seconds.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Feels so humid :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

26.1c, sunny, breezy, lovely day! Noise pollution high though! Drilling, hammering, barking, music, shouting and lawnmowers! The sounds of summer! :rolleyes: Maybe I'll get some peace and quiet when the storms arrive! :cc_confused:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

My two thermometers are reading 24c & 26c, so perhaps it's around 25c!

Only cloud I can see is that from contrail, albeit my vision West is restricted by 60' Oaks at bottom of garden.

Second check shows a few small fluffy clouds over Kent.