Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all

Absolute cracker here today. Long may the warm turning into hot sunny days continue. Well until late October when I start sniffing for snow and frost. (-:

Off out now to enjoy a well deserved beer and good food in my local pub.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, nice day today, just a little fair weather cloud, in fact it turned out better than forecast in my opinion.

Looks to be even warmer over the next couple of days, maybe the 25C mark might be breached :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

It's been awhile, since I cared about the weather. My father passed peacefully last week, a long battle, but. Dignified and at home. I have been digging a new border in my front garden, up and down, but generally, reflective in our joint love of flowers. The warmth we had, the day he died, blue skies, was reflective, then it rained for a couple of days, I steeled myself and dug out a monster 10 year pampas grass today, he would have laughed his proverbial off.

• Like 8

Posted

Morning all

Great start to the day today, clear blue skies and wall to wall sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Same here in Sudbury in Suffolk, very warm already with a cloudless sky. 20C should be topped today quite easily

Posted

Yep, have to say it's a glorious day here at London Southbank.  Roll on 4.30pm and my weekend starts!  Am thinking a couple of drinks with friends in a pub garden is on order this evening :drinks:

Have a good weekend and enjoy the sunshine. :good:

• Like 2

Posted

Absolute belter out there at lunch... Current temp on my weather app is 20c.

Surely if we get no cloud this afternoon we should peak in the low 20s?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

It's been awhile, since I cared about the weather. My father passed peacefully last week, a long battle, but. Dignified and at home. I have been digging a new border in my front garden, up and down, but generally, reflective in our joint love of flowers. The warmth we had, the day he died, blue skies, was reflective, then it rained for a couple of days, I steeled myself and dug out a monster 10 year pampas grass today, he would have laughed his proverbial off.

Sorry to hear the sad news about your father. I have taken some time off and have been pottering in the garden after having some bad news myself this week. It really does seem to help bring peace, in some small way. Wishing you all the best.

Edited by EWS
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Condolences Alixzandra on your fathers passing :(

Had a cool and damp start to the week, but things have improved much, and been getting warmer and drier each day as we head to the weekend (may even be a BBQ on the cards)

Not been posting much this week as I had the week off and managed to get away for a few days and "get out there", even better as for the most part the weather held out.

Been out and about in Norfolk, took a 3 mile walk on the beach just north of Yarmouth up to Hemsby and stopped off at the local for a well earned pint, saw first hand the devestation caused by the last lot of Winter storms where cliffs and dunes have been washed away, not good.  Also spent a day at Thrigby Hall, a few hours at Redwings, spent a day in Gt Yarmouth (well why not) as well as taking in various other sights and local Norfolk things that you cannot see, taste or do anywhere else.

Took over 1000 pics, will be sorting through them a bit later to see how they turned out and will even stick a few up here later.

Keep well and hope your all enjoying your day :)

• Like 2

Posted

Evening All. :)

Hope you're all well and fine. Sorry to hear of your Fathers passing Alixzandra :(

It is all too easy, to think that we are immortal but sadly stuff can come up at any moment.,

Warm day 21.3c. some scattered cloud but predominantly sunny :)

Posted

Warm and muggy evening here now, not used to this after the sun with a fresh sea breeze for the last few days, still it is dry and bright, must not complain :)

Posted

Sympathy Alixzandra. Giant hugs, too.

A report on the weather here and last night's bus trip seems somewhat trivial, so I won't.

Posted

My sympathies to you and your family Alixzandra. May you long hold happy memories.

The weathers been a bit nice here today.

Posted

My thoughts are with you and your family Alixzandra. I'm sure your dad is smiling down on you, watching you preparing your garden.... Take care.

Posted

Yes, I can only voice what has been said above.  Sorry to hear of your loss Alixzandra, I appear to have missed your post and only realised following references to it this evening - I have PM'd you.

Posted

How about some nice pictures of animals?

These were all taken at Thrigby Hall Wildlife Garden in Norfolk two days ago (had to use my mobile as we forgot to pack a camera DOH!)

More shall follow once I have uploaded more and sorted them (in four days I took over a thousand pics)

• Like 3

Posted

I'm sorry, I am also late with my condolences, Alixzandra, and hope you get to remember your Dad for all the wonderful times. My mum died 15 years ago and I have a ritual of a G&T and the Telegraph crossword on her birthday every year, something we shared and which feels special to me.

Lovely sunny day, made worse in some ways by looking out of my study *home office* window. High of 18.5c in the shade; upstairs preferred balcony said 38c, what with the sensor being in the sun. Mrs stun requested an ice cream from the shop...luckily when the pub magnetised me I hadn't already bought it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sorry to hear of your loss, Alixzandra, I hope things go as comfortably as they can for you and your family.

Posted

Yesterday is our great memories

Today is our great joys

Tomorrow is our great expectations

What we are taught we must teach

What we teach we must preserve

What we preserve will help our children

Our fathers and mothers made us

Our fathers and mothers held us

Our fathers and mothers taught us

Our fathers and mothers guided us

Our fathers and mothers loved us

Our fathers and mothers  looked at us

and they know only one thing

Their children are tomorrow

Remember your past

Never forget your course

And aim for a better tomorrow

No idea how better to word it Alixzandra, all I can say is your here because of your family and your here because they wanted you to be, you are their next step in the world of their future, you are their love and rather than hold and fill full of sorrow, remember the good and the great and celebrate it, I am sure they would not want you to be sad, so be thoughtful and thankful but more so, just remember.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 2

Posted

Great pics Jax. Glad you had a good break

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

That's a lovely prose Jax. Many thanks to you all for your messages and posts (I will not respond to individual posts, just clogs the feed all up) You really are a bunch of lovely, like minded and supportive souls.

Since I have been absent for alittle while, it didn't stop many of you sending PM's just quietly checking in, you know who you are, it was very kind, especially as so many had their own stories, life moments and well, just stuff going on as well, in some ways, others sharing their struggles and life curve balls, helped get through, what has been a painful 8 months.

Now back to the weather reporting and general everyday musings regionaires! I heard we have a hot spell coming up :-) All the very best Ax

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

That's a lovely prose Jax. Many thanks to you all for your messages and posts (I will not respond to individual posts, just clogs the feed all up) You really are a bunch of lovely, like minded and supportive souls.Since I have been absent for alittle while, it didn't stop many of you sending PM's just quietly checking in, you know who you are, it was very kind, especially as so many had their own stories, life moments and well, just stuff going on as well, in some ways, others sharing their struggles and life curve balls, helped get through, what has been a painful 8 months.Now back to the weather reporting and general everyday musings regionaires! I heard we have a hot spell coming up :-) All the very best Ax

Hot spell with a possible thundery breakdown next week!

Posted

Dark here now (yes I am allowed to say that too, some previous posts prove it)

Mild too, dry and the breeze has dropped.

Edited by Jax

Posted

Feeling weary now, not up this late on a work night (snooze on)