Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Afternoon, plenty of showers around this area today, quite potent too with a heavy downpour passing through Saffron Walden a few minutes ago.

Posted

Are you near me ? ( uxbridge)

Kensal Green, so north-east of you. Judging from the radar, the storm passed east of you. I just caught its south-western tip.

I'm about midway between the pair of you and after a couple of light showers which barely lasted 2 minutes late this morning, it's been sunshine pretty much all the way this afternoon. It doesn't feel particularly warm though.

• Like 1

Posted

Well last night was pretty cool.. Got some amazing pics!

We are still waiting for you to share them Luke !!

Edited by Bluebreezer54

I'm about midway between the pair of you and after a couple of light showers which barely lasted 2 minutes late this morning, it's been sunshine pretty much all the way this afternoon. It doesn't feel particularly warm though.

Hi blue long time no tlk hopeYour well and still getting out ? Yes I agree very chilly had heating on today :(
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Apart from some downpours early afternoon, it has turned into a sunny day! Only 14.2c though!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Funnel cloud was observed in Chatteris earlier on, shown on look East. Was the same storm I chased north of Peterborough.

What a successful day it was!

• Like 4

Posted

Hi blue long time no tlk hopeYour well and still getting out ? Yes I agree very chilly had heating on today :(

Hi Snow......It's been a while since I've been able to get out again. I hope you and yours are all well.

Well after a sunny afternoon the skies darkened and we just had a brief shower here. There must be some incredible rainbow views in the London area right now because as the shower passed through the sun was shining from the west right behind it.

Posted

Apart from some downpours early afternoon, it has turned into a sunny day! Only 14.2c though!

Sorry to quote myself, but I spoke too soon! It is now thundering in NW London! Huge Rainbow now, shame I don't have a camera! :(

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hi all...

Day of sunshine and blustery showers here today. But did manage the 2 loudest cracks of thunder I have heard in these parts in along time (-:

Showers all died out now. Patchy blue skies and mild out ATM

• Like 1

Posted

Whatever you're all having is looming overhead here now. It's getting blacker and blacker up there.

• Like 1

Posted

Chucking it down here, just had a rain rate of 42.2mm per hour  :clapping:

How strange our weather climate is. I was at work not far from Benfleet and at that time today it was nice and sunny. Haha the good 'old English weather....

Posted

Brief spell of heavy rain, followed by as near as I can get to a horizon-to-horizon rainbow.

• Like 1

Posted

Dark clouds rolling in again. Light rain starting to fall

Posted

Well, mainly clear here and a magnificent full moon rising. A chill in the air and the woodburner's on. No shortage of logs around here as a result of the winter storms. Just have to cut the buggers up, chop them and carry them to the house (uphill, obviously). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looks like the end of any convective potential for a couple of days, though there is the chance of showers breaking out on Friday and Saturday, though isolated. Still there could be some storms around with the pub run showing some impressive Cape values.

Otherwise the weather looks decent until Sunday, then I still don't know what will happen. A lot of talk about the pattern being nailed, but the GFS has just produced the warmest and driest run yet for next week. So I think there will be further swings in fortune between and warm continental flow and a cooler and more unsettled Atlantic flow.

Goodnight everyone.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny morning here in London as we enter a spell of summery weather for the next few days! Already 18.4c!

Posted

Evening All.

It looks set to be turning much warmer, a warm southerly flow. GEM has forecasted this warm spell surprisingly well :good: it is a model not to be glimpsed at. It may hit 25c, depending on cloud cover.

As the heat increases, so does the risk of potent outbreaks of thunderstorms :D

post-19153-0-32615300-1400083028_thumb.jpost-19153-0-84968400-1400083048_thumb.jpost-19153-0-14166300-1400083086_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well excuse me for withholding my excitement this far out, for I have been let down so often in the past :cray:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Well excuse me for withholding my excitement this far out, for I have been let down so often in the past :cray:

Same as, been let down about 4 days on the trot now from failed netweather/met forecasts :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Same as, been let down about 4 days on the trot now from failed netweather/met forecasts :(

Really?......the south east forecasts for the last few days have been pretty accurate

• Like 2