Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Thanx  as ever Mr PLooks like my British Gas Engineer will have to work inside the house tomorrowxxxx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I reckon some storms will be on the cards this weekend or after, more especially in the form of some imports if we see a decent cut off low :)

I think there is a chance here, the momentum seems to be westward corrections. Hopefully it will continue tomorrow, the GEM operational this afternoon was a cracker bringing very warm conditions to most of Europe including the UK.

Goodnight all and a great post as always Tamara :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all

quite cloudy to start here today, though it should brighten up.

We have a northerly flow today so no surprises that central areas are favourite to see some thunderstorm potential

Posted Image

Though again it isn't that inspiring.

After today the weather looks mostly dry until at least Sunday. Though the trend for the dry spell to continue into next week has been put on ice this morning.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 1

Well last night was pretty cool.. Got some amazing pics! The hail WOW Biggest I have seen in a while pea sized brother who was further west than me to the storm said the hail was setting car alarms off!

Today looking good need to clear the cloud away (which it is doing breaking up slowly)

EURO4 view..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

USE AS A GUIDE ONLY!

Cape..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well well well.. Convergence zones.. 

post-12648-0-76165500-1399967438_thumb.j

post-12648-0-42022000-1399967446_thumb.j

post-12648-0-95319000-1399967453_thumb.j

So 300-400 k/jg cape... -1 to -2 lifted index... Brilliant convergence zones... 

Now if we can get some sun by around 1-2pm we are game I feel!

• Like 1

Posted

Torrential rain and hail hope to see some storms today missed all the action yesterday :(

West London has the best numeric parameters, I reckon - they may initiate there and slowly saunter off to your South East. However, because the cells are likely to be slow moving, your chances are much higher than yesterday,

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

I think dew-points will be the limiting factor today in the sense of whether or not thunderstorm activity occurs, not whether we see hail or rain

post-5986-0-54019200-1399974662_thumb.gi

The higher the better, c.10oC is where it becomes marginal. If a cell wanders into a sub 10oC area then there's every chance it could wither away into a heavy shower.

Posted

The above chart is, obviously, for guidance only. My weather station is reporting Td = 9.4oC and GFS for this time was forecasting 8oC: so already higher than forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Lots of bubbling going on coming towards Herne Bay although sun is out here now.

Shall grab some pics on my travels if things get interesting later.

Posted

Some quite fierce downpours here, but very short-lived. Had some quite good-sized hailstones mixed in with the last lot which passed through. Nothing thundery yet though :-(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Based on the Medway storm shield I shall be surprised to see anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Based on the Medway storm shield I shall be surprised to see anything.

Minor storm just passed through here. 1 flash and 1 rumble, with any luck it may mature by the time it gets over your way

Edited by Wet'n'Dry

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

low level convergence looks best placed between 3 and 5pm :D :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

2 more minor storms passing me here. 1 to the East the other to the West. They seem to be backbuilding with very warm sunny spells between them. Looking good for the next few hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Raining again in NW London after a short sunny interval! It is looking very stormy this afternoon!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I guarantee that as I have to do a lot of driving around today, if we do get any storms I'll miss them.