Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Good morning all, another day, and sadly another crisis seemingly out of nothing in this thread, it's all getting rather predictable I'm afraid, so it's time to knock this one on the head for good

If members want to post, they post, if they don't want to post, they don't...it really is as simple as that.....There is absolutley no need for members to be apologizing for their posts, indeed I have to ask the question 'just what are they apologizing for and why?'.....and there is absolutley no 'walking on eggshells' in this or any other thread on NetWeather for that matter. Very few posts are moderated in this thread as there is no requirement for moderation generally, and where there is a posting issue, it is quickly dealt with.

regarding people leaving the forum, well, that is their decision, and if I had a pound for every time a member posts they're leaving only to return a few days later, well I'd be a very rich person!

so with that in mind, lets get back to doing what makes this a top community thread, i.e talking about the weather, how it affects one's day to day life, and sharing our enjoyment & experiences of what is a fascinating and diverse subject matter....thanks :good:

edit, no replies to this post please in this thread, pm only....lets draw a line and move on, thanks folks, and have a very pleasant weekend :)

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful blue sky this morning and very still. BBC forecast just showed a nice calm looking weekend for the south east, some sun, some cloud and as he put it 'knocking on the door of 20 degrees in places':)

Off to Sandbanks which I think will be packed this weekend in the pleasant bank holiday weather. Getting a de-brief from my parents who have been staying for the week; amazingly they seem to have dodged most of the stormy weather that was forecast (didn't want to get the blame for that!) and they are all ready with a list of things we 'need to sort out' in the flat(!).

AS, you better keep posting; there are rumours we are moving back to open plan at work, and I need something to make me laugh out loud and get the funny looks!

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

It is a very bright and sunny one here, not been out yet but looks calm out and remote temp sensor states it is 9.2oC

Have a nice day and enjoy yourselves :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just been out and it's really chilly. And now the clouds have moved in so it's looking dull. Brrrrr! The moggies don't seem to be too impressed with the chill either and are refusing to shift. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all.

Quick update from last night. We found the hamster at 2.30 this morning.... Phew

Up early today for my weekly trip into London, and was glorious blue skies and sunny, albeit on the nippy side. Back home now and the cloud is slightly thickening, but still plenty of sun (-:

Off to Upton Park now, to hopefully see the Hammers beat the spurs...

Have a great day all

Edited by LeighD
  • Like 2

Posted

Great news LD on the hamster :good: if you need any advice on the little critters just let me know via PM

Just waiting for the washing cycle to finish then I am outta the door, need to do stuff in town and rather do it while the sun is a shining :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Great news LD on the hamster :good: if you need any advice on the little critters just let me know via PM Just waiting for the washing cycle to finish then I am outta the door, need to do stuff in town and rather do it while the sun is a shining :)

Thanks Jax might just do that. :-D

Posted

In the pub. Result. Nice warm and sunny here.

Posted

It's a lovely sunny day here this morning. Deceptively chilly whilst out gardening, but beautiful to look at from indoors. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What a lovely sunny day, got down to 2.0c last night, now 15.1c and sunny. Was in town earlier and the breeze has a bite to it! Another cold one expected tonight but maybe not as cold as last night. 21c predicted for London on bank holiday Monday, not sure what happens after that, I'll have to check the jiffy (GFS) :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful afternoon here. Despite the pleasant warmth of earlier in the week, at least in this airstream the air is so clear, the sky is a deep blue and the sun feels strong on the skin. Revising can be put to one side for a bit methinks.

Posted

Bright and sunny here still, warm too in the sunshine, remained dry and calm, all in all not a bad day at all, expect tonight will be another chilly one though suspect a frost will be marginal in our area (rural only so it just may leave its mark here).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Wow - such a beautiful sunny day all day today - albeit a chilly start at 9degC. Have to admit I was surprised how much the temp ramped up by mid afternoon.New hire car picked up (Long story), grass all mown, creeping buttercup splatted with weedkiller,  3 lots of washing done and just enjoyed an excellent meal of Baked Cobbler river fish with Pommes Anna and fresh french beans cooked from first prinicples. (Errrm... there was a nice bottle of cut-price Languedoc white pinot courtesy of Tatco to go with it!).  Tonight I'm settling down to ironing and Star Wars 1.

Tomorrow doesn't look so good (much colder but thankfully still dry) but I hope to keep up the momentum of weeding the beds.Happy Bank holiday weekend everyonexxx

• Like 1

Posted

A gorgeous sunny day (with temperatures in the mid-teens) for pottering round some of the posher parts of the Thames Valley in an old-fashioned double decker bus. I'm pleased to report that I didn't misdirect the driver into a tree while we were reversing round some fairly scary tight corners. :good:

• Like 3

Posted

so you did not crash then :laugh:

Wow - such a beautiful sunny day all day today - albeit a chilly start at 9degC. Have to admit I was surprised how much the temp ramped up by mid afternoon.New hire car picked up (Long story), grass all mown, creeping buttercup splatted with weedkiller,  3 lots of washing done and just enjoyed an excellent meal of Baked Cobbler river fish with Pommes Anna and fresh french beans cooked from first prinicples. (Errrm... there was a nice bottle of cut-price Languedoc white pinot courtesy of Tatco to go with it!).  Tonight I'm settling down to ironing and Star Wars 1.

Tomorrow doesn't look so good (much colder but thankfully still dry) but I hope to keep up the momentum of weeding the beds.Happy Bank holiday weekend everyonexxx

enjoy SW1 :)

• Like 2

Posted

tonight chilly

Posted Image

tomorrow

Posted Image

Posted Image

between 12-15 degrees

and dry

sunny spells most places

sunday night

Posted Image

dry and not cold

-------------------------------------------------------------------

monday

Posted Image

a slightly breezy but not strong south-south west flow

temps

Posted Image

between 15-18 degrees

a local 20 is possible

should see a lot of sun today too

so overall pretty decent

make the most of it

tuesday looks yuk

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

I'm puzzled why you are coy about your gender when, given your culinary skills and industry, you are so obviously male.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

After a pleasantly sunny day...it is now a lovely evening with a crescent moon in a clear sky; and still some light in the West.

Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Posted

I'm puzzled why you are coy about your gender when, given your culinary skills and industry, you are so obviously male.

PMSL!

Oh dear - also wine on keyboard alert!

Wow - Am i right in thinking  that, having been knocked up by Knocker, I'm now a fully fledged netweatherite??!SwoonLuv it K!xxxx 

Edited by PiggiePalace
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh dear - I've just realised there's so many different double entendres in the last post I'm not sure I can live down the emabrassment.Many years ago I passed my english lianguage O level ...honest! - however I'm afraid this is a clear case of the passage of years causing inhibition of the mental processes!xxxx 

• Like 1

Posted

Personally I blame it on my discovering the Human Extinction thread in The Lounge earlier today - it has a lot to answer for! 

Posted

short update on new fax charts

wed

Posted Image

wet then dry

thursday

Posted Image

wet then wet

pretty windy too

overall :nonono:

i had a bet today on a horse called night of thunder in the 2000 guineas today

i thought i would do it for a laugh

it won at 40-1 :clap:

http://www.racingbetter.co.uk/races/newmarket/2000_guineas.html

did you see it tom??

have a good weekend all

john

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

PMSL!

Wow - Am i right in thinking  that, having been knocked up by Knocker, I'm now a fully fledged netweatherite??!

Swoon

Luv it K!

xxxx

and the Winner of the NetWeather Quote of the Year goes to........ :clap::laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Personally I blame it on my discovering the Human Extinction thread in The Lounge earlier today - it has a lot to answer for! 

I started that thread! But it didn't quite go to plan! :laugh: Thought it was going to be about how we'd finish ourselves off :shok: See what you mean PiggiePalace, I started  with the double entendres too!......better talk weather, 9.4c clear :D

• Like 2

Posted

PMSL!

Wow - Am i right in thinking  that, having been knocked up by Knocker, I'm now a fully fledged netweatherite??!

Swoon

Luv it K!

xxxx

Streuth, the mind boggles.

Posted Image

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1