Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Bit late in the day...but the sun came out early evening. Still quite chilly but pleasant.

Just had a nice glass of Australian red. Very nice. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all

So-so day here today, been cloudy for the best part, but the clouds did part a little late afternoon / early evening to give some welcome brightness.

Off topic (but quite funny). We bought our boys two hamsters today.... One named humpty, one named dumpty. The boys were so happy and wanted to hold them, and play with them. I said to wait a few hours so they could get use to their new surroundings and the noise my children were making! After constant pressure from a 4 and 6 year old I said okay I'll get one out of the cage..... After about 10 mins of trying to catch one I finally did. I held it in my hands, then it bloody bit me, causing my finger to bleed, I dropped it now can't find it. It's been 1 hour now. The kids won't go to bed now and as my 6 year old puts it " he is scared for his life, it might get me in the night and eat me" got a feeling tonight's going to be a very long night.... And to top it off, the kids now hate the hamsters and want to send them back for biting me....

Edited by LeighD
  • Like 3

Posted

Trip to the local health centre for a tetanus injection in the morning on the cards then Leigh?

Today's been mostly grey here. I did manage a quick trip out to the Chilterns to go for a walk with a friend and their dog. The weather was slightly less grey, but the signs of spring - birdsong, lambs, trees coming into leaf, and a meadow full of spring flowers made it seem much better than it was. And I heard my first cuckoo of the year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hello all, hope you all have a peaceful bank holiday long weekend.....Just got home from work, it's been grey & pretty grim over the home counties so glad to be back home....The good news is that I've just looked at the living room clock and declare that it's Speckled Hen O'Clock....cheers! :drinks:

• Like 2

Posted

Trip to the local health centre for a tetanus injection in the morning on the cards then Leigh? .

i wasn't planning on going... Should I then?

Posted

I had to after being bitten by one of the school rats. Might be worth checking with NHS direct to see what they say. The policy might have changed in the last 40 years!

Edit - if you haven't had a tetanus jab recently, i.e. within the last couple of years or for the length of time you were told last time you had a booster (if you've been innoculated before), it seems to be advisable to check whether you need one, at least.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1

Posted

Sorry to hear your first day with the hamsters hasn't gone well Leigh; the school hamsters went from two to one fairly quickly due to an escape artist, and not one hamster in the four they had could be held without biting. Our dwarf hamster can't be held at all for the same reason. So it's not just you! Hope you find the escapee.

Weather-related, that was quite a biting breeze all day sapping my reserve not to return to the winter boots. A mix of grey skies and then brightening up in the afternoon in Uxbridge with light rain for the journey home down the M25.

Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend:)

Edit: Just took some rubbish out. Wow, it smells and feels like winter out there; my son asked me if Christmas is coming!

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks CR and Reef

Edited by LeighD
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hamsters...

...love em (on toast, ok kidding), they are fantastic but they need to be caged for a few weeks just to get used to the surroundings, then you can introduce them slowly (I find the walk-about balls quite good) and talkign to them and hand contact in the cage for a while also helps, no grabbing, just show them your there and work up to touching, then holding (all still in the cage) and then after a couple of months your ready for holding.

mine use to sit on my shoulder in the summer whilst I sat on the door step reading a book in the evening sunshine.

They only bite if scared or too young to be out.

Have had four Syrians (the bigger ones) and had no problems with them.

If you want any help (except catching them) give me a PM :)

Ohhh weather, yes, yes, it is dry and dark (is dark counted?)

• Like 2

Posted

tuesday

Posted Image

a breezy west-north west wind

note the trough on the fax

Posted Image

Posted Image

dependant on temps etc these may be stormy

Posted Image

going to be a close call

wednesday to follow

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hamsters...

...love em (on toast, ok kidding), they are fantastic but they need to be caged for a few weeks just to get used to the surroundings, then you can introduce them slowly (I find the walk-about balls quite good) and talkign to them and hand contact in the cage for a while also helps, no grabbing, just show them your there and work up to touching, then holding (all still in the cage) and then after a couple of months your ready for holding.

mine use to sit on my shoulder in the summer whilst I sat on the door step reading a book in the evening sunshine.

They only bite if scared or too young to be out.

Have had four Syrians (the bigger ones) and had no problems with them.

If you want any help (except catching them) give me a PM :)

Ohhh weather, yes, yes, it is dry and dark (is dark counted?)

damn it!, I've used that very line before so I can't delete your post and ban you for all eternity for being off topic....a thousand curses Jax!!  :bomb::laugh:

• Like 2

Posted

damn it!, I've used that very line before so I can't delete your post and ban you for all eternity for being off topic....a thousand curses Jax!!  :bomb::laugh:

BAWAAHAHAHAHaahhaha!

Still dark (and dry with a light breeze and some cloud)

• Like 2

Posted

wednesday

Posted Image

long way out and subject to change

but looks wet with a chilly north west wind

thats my lot tonight

have a good weekend

goodnight all :lazy: :lazy:

• Like 3

Posted

Night JP and thanks as always for your updates and forecasts :good:

• Like 2

Posted

Hello all, hope you all have a peaceful bank holiday long weekend.....Just got home from work, it's been grey & pretty grim over the home counties so glad to be back home....The good news is that I've just looked at the living room clock and declare that it's Speckled Hen O'Clock....cheers! :drinks:

Wrong, Crafty hen O'Clock, even better

Have a good weekend AJ, hope your weather is good all weekend.

Cold and clear here.  Lovely new moon

Posted

Wrong, Crafty hen O'Clock, even better

Have a good weekend AJ, hope your weather is good all weekend.

Cold and clear here.

Normally I would agree, but Tesco's have stopped their 4 for £6 offer on the Old Crafty 6%+ Loony Juice, so I refuse to pay their £2.77 per bottle, back to speccly for me!

Posted

Cheese and Rice!  that is a lot.

Have a local steam rally this weekend, that means a beer tent :drunk:  (in the dark possibly)

Posted

Slightly chilly

Had a lovely evening at the cricket club helping with the youth coaching tonight, vivid green new season grass, newly painted sightscreens set against darkening skies and a cold north easterly forcing us old parent types to wrap up, huddle together and rely on a few beers/wines to keep us going as the drizzle tried to push us about. It was a joy to see boys and girls of all ages and talents trying their best, loving being outdoors, having fun on a cold Spring evening and all walking back towards the clubhouse happy and glowing, chatting to their friends, embracing the game.

So, weather, in summary:

Mainly dull.

Hopefully nothing controversial in what I've said - with any luck everyone's still awake despite my postings.....

Finally, so long and thanks for all the fun.

AS

AS

• Like 7

Posted

nippy out now

Posted

What a beautiful morning, a great to be alive morning, not a cloud in the sky, no wind not even a breeze, obviously cool out this morning as there's a slight frost on the car.

How I envy you AS, how I miss that smell of new mown grass, the enthusiastic youngsters having their first bowl, the nervousness of their first catch, the sound of leather on willow. Those days are now long gone and I must admit to missing them. Your final line didn't read to well, I hope you will be back soon and that I misinterupted your meaning. BB unfortunately that's how I read it, will miss him a lot, as his writing ability and description of weather types was second to none.

Well everyone one have a great long weekend for those that can.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning all. Well that was a murky old day yesterday, lots of cloud and just 10.7c. We avoided a frost here in the suburbs overnight with the minimum being 1.8c. but the sky is blue and the sun is shining now. A great start to the day. :hi:

For anyone down on the South Coast this weekend you might want to check out the Jack in the Green Festval in Hastings. Friends invited me down but unfortunately I can't make it but i'm told it's a great event.

http://www.hastingsjack.co.uk/prog.html

• Like 1

Posted

Slightly chillyHad a lovely evening at the cricket club helping with the youth coaching tonight, vivid green new season grass, newly painted sightscreens set against darkening skies and a cold north easterly forcing us old parent types to wrap up, huddle together and rely on a few beers/wines to keep us going as the drizzle tried to push us about. It was a joy to see boys and girls of all ages and talents trying their best, loving being outdoors, having fun on a cold Spring evening and all walking back towards the clubhouse happy and glowing, chatting to their friends, embracing the game.So, weather, in summary:Mainly dull.Hopefully nothing controversial in what I've said - with any luck everyone's still awake despite my postings.....Finally, so long and thanks for all the fun.ASAS

Eh ???  You surely aren't leaving us AS ??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely, sunny start to the day here. Hope it stays like this. Hope you all have a lovely, relaxing, and happy weekend.

Slightly chillyHad a lovely evening at the cricket club helping with the youth coaching tonight, vivid green new season grass, newly painted sightscreens set against darkening skies and a cold north easterly forcing us old parent types to wrap up, huddle together and rely on a few beers/wines to keep us going as the drizzle tried to push us about. It was a joy to see boys and girls of all ages and talents trying their best, loving being outdoors, having fun on a cold Spring evening and all walking back towards the clubhouse happy and glowing, chatting to their friends, embracing the game.So, weather, in summary:Mainly dull.Hopefully nothing controversial in what I've said - with any luck everyone's still awake despite my postings.....Finally, so long and thanks for all the fun.ASAS

Why on Earth should anything you've said here be considered controversial, AS? It's just a nicely painted word picture of a typical English scene. Very nicely described as usual. If people are over sensitive to some posts, that's their problem, not yours. I for one refuse to scrutinise and exam every post before hitting the publish button. If we stick to weather and general chit chat....what's the problem. I may get censored for saying this...but it had to be said as people seem to be constantly apologising for their posts lately. This 'walking on eggshells' is very bad for what has been, up to now, a friendly, happy and vibrant forum.
  • Like 3