Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Sign in to follow this  
beerandkebab

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

What happened to stormy Thursday? Grey, muggy and damp here.....can't see thunderstorms developing unless this shifts. :)

• Like 2

I honestly think today we won't need sunshine to spark these bad boys off.. Having said this it is usual rule of thumb that you do nee it... EURO4 well of the mark in terms of PPN right now... Has a juicy 48mm p/h rainfall rate right over the west of London too oh well... Plenty of time yet!

• Like 1

I have to say...it 'feels' quite promising here. Very still, very damp and overcast and a stormy 'tang' in the air. Hmmmmm!

The moisture is certainly there, but I'd feel happier if we had a bit of heating to liven it up....... hmmm!

• Like 1

Crappy day here so far, with rain for much of the day. :(

I'm looking forward to the sunshine of the latter part of the bank holiday now. Apart from Tuesday afternoon, we've been mostly cloudy for a week now here.

• Like 2

Just seen Look East weather and according to them, most of our region could experience some thundery and heavy rain with flood warnings, today. Well, like I keep saying...let's wait and see. :)

• Like 1

Sun trying to break through the cloud here but I am just outside the warning area :(

Hi, don't post often, in fact, very rarely, but sun is out now here in Clacton, and feeling rather nice and fairly warm.

• Like 1

I can see some nice cumulus congestus going up here but the higher they go the more they look like they are falling apart though.EDIT: I thought I just heard thunder... turns out its bin day here. Damn! :)EDIT EDIT?: turns out it WAS thunder after all! hahahahaha.

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 2

Afternoon all

been a rather wet and dull day here, bit cooler than yesterday also, rain has eased of for now but have no plans to go out anywhere this evening so makes no difference for me.

Tail end of the long weekend is showing some promise in places.

Hope your all enjoying a good day what ever the weather :)

More great pics there also Tams :good:

• Like 1

Absolutely drenched, the radar is colourful :p Very heavy showers almost merging together.

post-19153-0-63530800-1398956461_thumb.j

• Like 2

Just put a bag of recycling out and the noticed how humid it now feels, the sun is out and very still, some pokey looking clouds too.

• Like 1

No thunder here yet. Very still though and quite muggy. And extremely gloomy. Maybe we'll hear some thunder later (or wheelie bins :)

)

• Like 2

Yup, it is clouding up here again, it may trigger something, who knows. It call all turn or to be Boom or Gloom.

• Like 1

Dark here too now, and some light drizzle/rain with it.  No T&L though.

Can anyone confirm that lightning east of St Albans? I didn't hear it this time though.

Crap day here today. Dark cloud and wet for most of it. Doesn't help that I have man flu..... Must say the rain has now stopped and the skies seem to be clearing. Here's hoping this is a growing trend for the BH weekend.

• Like 1

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

that lot near enfield lots lively heading south

just looked at ukmo

heres the 72 chart for uppers

Posted Image

then 96 onwards

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

plot and lost comes to mind :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 4

Steady rain here now. That drizzle that soaks one right through to ones linen. :D

Had a very polite thundery outbreak here! :laugh: Quiet rumbles of thunder, so not to frighten anyone, no lightning and gentle, steady rain! The weather has gone soft! :D

• Like 4

Today's weather report: grey, wet, dull, grey, dull, wet, dull, grey, wet, slightly drier, slightly brighter, dull, grey, wet, wet, wet, grey, dull and wet.

• Like 5

Today's weather report: grey, wet, dull, grey, dull, wet, dull, grey, wet, slightly drier, slightly brighter, dull, grey, wet, wet, wet, grey, dull and wet.

Yes, about the same. Grey and miserable. Roll on the weekend