IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 1st May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Is it too early for this.....?

www.sadtrombone.com

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

The only decent looking cells certainly around London and South Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Leave canary wharf,get soaked.....get to bromley....dry!  Leave bromley for home and it`s dark,dank and gloomy looking and loads of standing water on the A20/M25,but no booms or lightshow yet. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think the issue today is that there was too much crap in the way for any decent heating. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

And here where there was decent heating, nothing happened, as usuall!

Posted

I think the issue today is that there was too much crap in the way for any decent heating. 

Indeed, too much medium level cloud preventing the diurnal heating that we all wanted.

Noticed that mid-level cloud is now starting to clear, sadly, we might be too late in the day for anything thundery.

SM

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

People always seem to have over expecations, its almost always only a slight chance of catching thunder at a given location.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Indeed, too much medium level cloud preventing the diurnal heating that we all wanted.

Noticed that mid-level cloud is now starting to clear, sadly, we might be too late in the day for anything thundery.

SM

Yep, past peak heating now so I'd be surprised if anything exciting comes up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

99% of the time always the issue whilst just over the water in France they are enjoying it all!

Posted

Yep, past peak heating now so I'd be surprised if anything exciting comes up.

Say that, we've got a break in the mid level cloud here on the south coast and have around 3 Cumulus clouds shooting up as I speak

SM

EDIT: Here she is... post-9530-0-37275100-1398961425_thumb.jp

Edited by SnowMania

Posted

I think too much of IMBY is coming to play, the rain here is torrential and this does not like it will ease anytime soon.

Cell to my W, greater london is being bombarded with cells, and downpours :D I think we got lucky this time.

Meanwhile a large portion of Sussex remains dry, this will help ease the sorrows of that March 2013 Snowstorm. Which missed me by a small margin. Sky darkening to my west interesting cloud formations.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

We got a stunning storm yesterday evening with beautiful overhead lightning - here are the clouds as the storm approached:

post-21857-0-26038600-1398962373_thumb.jpost-21857-0-01980200-1398962382_thumb.jpost-21857-0-40547900-1398962355_thumb.jpost-21857-0-92263700-1398962364_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

This better not be the trend this year.. Im not having it again.. The UK needs some good storms!

post-182-0-41596400-1398963333_thumb.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Amazing convection going on here maybe there is a chance still for some! fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted

Amazing convection going on here maybe there is a chance still for some! fingers crossed.

A cell coming into my view know let's just hope something happens.

Posted

The structure of this cell when approaching me is incredible, it's so dark, seems to be intensifying a little!

Will hopefully get some pictures on the forum as it passes.

Edited by interestingweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

FI = storm heaven!

Going by how GFS has performed this week with regards thunderstorm potential/CAPE, FI seems to be T+24h at the moment!

Posted

A few pictures like I said during the cell which has just passed, nothing special but a few for you to look at.post-18097-0-74473000-1398966112_thumb.j post-18097-0-72173800-1398966124_thumb.jpost-18097-0-01190800-1398966141_thumb.j post-18097-0-80087200-1398966164_thumb.jpost-18097-0-06405300-1398966178_thumb.j post-18097-0-93603600-1398966191_thumb.jpost-18097-0-77331200-1398966205_thumb.j post-18097-0-26349800-1398966217_thumb.j

Edited by interestingweather
  • Like 6

Posted

Been black here the last two hours sky has looked like it would produce something but nope same old story nothing again.Just on and off boring drizzle.Gonna have to take some trips across the channel I think to get my fix lol lucky people!

Posted

It looks so stormy here, the cloudscapes have been incredible! Had 3 cells one to my west, north and east! Surely somethings going to happen its got to now after seeing all that .lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Thundering and raining again here in NW London, no lightning. Not a spectacular storm, but better than nothing! It is cooling off rapidly now 12.9c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

It looks so stormy here, the cloudscapes have been incredible! Had 3 cells one to my west, north and east! Surely somethings going to happen its got to now after seeing all that .lol

I was driving home from Bristol looking North and the skies did indeed look amazing. Towers were shooting and we had a downpour at home. Shame it didn't come to much more in the end. Think the fact it stayed cloudy for half of the day did not help at all.

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh well, it's just not happening here  :( plenty more opportunities to come for us all yet I suppose and it all looked so promising today.I can't understand how it can look so good then it all fizzles out lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Oh well, it's just not happening here  :( plenty more opportunities to come for us all yet I suppose and it all looked so promising today.I can't understand how it can look so good then it all fizzles out lol.

Something to do with the fact that there as not been enough surface heating, due to loads of cloud, If skies had been clear some great thunderstorms, given the parimeters  of todays output..... :nonono:  :closedeyes:  :wallbash: