Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 21st April 2014 onwards

Posted

In all I feel today may not be as good as yesterday with less instability forecast and cloud cover may inhibit things.

You mention cloud cover inhibiting things however the sun is out brightly in West Wiltshire after earlier showers, yesterday the sun didn't break through until around 14.00!

An unstable sky with all manner of  Altocumulus types drifting SE-NW.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

You mention cloud cover inhibiting things however the sun is out brightly in West Wiltshire after earlier showers, yesterday the sun didn't break through until around 14.00!

An unstable sky with all manner of  Altocumulus types drifting SE-NW.

That is a very good sign then. The recent satellite shows more cloud across the east with some rain into East Anglia but this will not really affect most of the risk area further west. GFS did seem to underestimate instability yesterday so the same may be true of today. There seems good agreement across the models though for the highest risk to be late morning to mid afternoon - so earlier than yesterday in all respects.

Already showers to your east, through Hampshire. 

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Good morning all.

Had a good storm roll past my girl friends yesterday with a very close strike, only few hundred meters away, hitting roof of bp garage.

Today I have day off and her car so anyone fancy making a call on where I should head.

Got to be back in Christchurch, dorset for the school run but that gives me 5 1/2hrs.

If it was you where would you go

I wont blame you if nothing happens :)

Cheers Dave

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

No sunshine here as I've been stuck under, or close to that shower activity in the south west. 4mm fell quite quickly. Dry at the moment but the clouds look ominous, completely still outside too.

Good luck to those who have sunshine, and are in areas forecasted to get the showers. :)

Looks like some breaks in the cloud could be heading this way..

post-15177-0-27501600-1398763127_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Bang on queue, the sun has made an appearance! It makes the clouds to the south west look very thundery now.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

just been sat in garden in christchurch dorset, suns out & feeling nice and warm with a light south wind. Large towers starting to go up to the N/NE on the converg. zone.

Think im going to head up to ringwood so I can go E/W on the A31 and hoping the line of showers from Shampton-Pmouth will develope.

Have no mobile internet but taking laptop so can find wifi spots and will update if pos and hope I get some good pics / vid

DAVE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

just been sat in garden in christchurch dorset, suns out & feeling nice and warm with a light south wind. Large towers starting to go up to the N/NE on the converg. zone.

Think im going to head up to ringwood so I can go E/W on the A31 and hoping the line of showers from Shampton-Pmouth will develope.

Have no mobile internet but taking laptop so can find wifi spots and will update if pos and hope I get some good pics / vid

DAVE

Due South of the M4 corridor East of Reading looks good right now, showers are invariably travelling East to West over the downs right now I say, judging by the radar.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Due South of the M4 corridor East of Reading looks good right now, showers are invariably travelling East to West over the downs right now I say, judging by the raIve

Ive only got til 3pm, got to be back to pick up my girlfriends daughter in Christchurch but  told her we will go chase after school if its on, she is only 5, start them young :)

May blast up through the forest towards M25

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Those showers have a very slight Northward push on them..

Agreed they are progressing WNWNWNNWNW'wards every so slowly, so not exactly due Westwards. :rofl:

Agreed they are progressing WNWNWNNWNW'wards every so slowly, so not exactly due Westwards. :rofl:

Bit of an odd one eh? LOL! So so slight its hard to miss.. But does make a diffrence with these types of set ups with someone getting a bang tidy storm and someone getting nothing! Just like the radar right now and me LMFAO!!

• Like 1

Posted

if anyone is chasing these storms if they do come about red circle looks best to me.. 

light.jpg

Yep, West Berkshire, North Hampshire and into parts of Wiltshire by noon to 12.30pm would be a good call if they still hold together. They are also continually back-building I think. Could be another impressive day for rainfall totals as they aren't budging fast.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yep, West Berkshire, North Hampshire and into parts of Wiltshire by noon to 12.30pm would be a good call if they still hold together. They are also continually back-building I think. Could be another impressive day for rainfall totals as they aren't budging fast.

I'll be keeping an eye on them Tony, might get lucky today!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Black sky to the south of here in Egham but haven't heard or seen anything yet. They're just a tad too far south. They need to move NWwards rather than Wwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Due South of the M4 corridor East of Reading looks good right now, showers are invariably travelling East to West over the downs right now I say, judging by the radar.

Going to a few miles to the south of me...AGAIN! 

• Like 1

Posted

omg the rain and hail!!!!!

Never seen rain this heavy!!!

I'm guessing you're not in Thorpe now? 

Posted

Man has but never that heavy DAMN! white out.. but with rain! LOL

No at work in Ascot LOL!

Oh poo haha. That would explain. Jet black skies in that direction. So close yet so far from here!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Warm and sunny in West Wales with non threatening cumulus dotted about.