Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 21st April 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

This has been the most interesting year for weather i can remember, I cant wait till the summer sun is in full force. Id bet this summer is going to more convective than previous years..... Hopefully :DSome very large clouds bubbling up to my east. Fingers crossed for a hail shower!

I really hope so! I do have a feeling we may see more of a 90's style summer this one. It has definitely been quite a convective year so far. A nice high looks to take over, which will hopefully build the heat to add the fuel to some sparks later on :D
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I hear Thursday will be the big day for potential thunder storms! Will be interesting to hear Weather 09's views closer to the day! :winky:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

interesting cloud structure here currently, a clump of Cb's passing roughly east to west, and there's some broad circulation with scud going east to west and SW to NW....no visible lightning at the moment, but there are sferics associated with these cells 10 miles or so to my east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

3 rumbles of thunder to the NW of Newton Poppleford in the past 30 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I hear Thursday will be the big day for potential thunder storms! Will be interesting to hear Weather 09's views closer to the day! :winky:

Yep Thursday looks very interesting indeed, obviously more detail will be known by Wednesday to make a forecast....

Posted Image

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

2 more distant rumbles to the NW from Newton Poppleford.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Some cells still gathering intensity and its 7:30pm! Check the one just north of Exeter!

post-17320-0-66670400-1398710382_thumb.p

Posted

Wow, that looks real good for Devon! Grimsley, can you see that cell, what's the observations on it ?

• Like 1

Posted

Wow, that looks real good for Devon! Grimsley, can you see that cell, what's the observations on it ?

Quite frequent lightning and nice thunder.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Anyone seen the euro4 for tomorrow.. Tasty!

Euro4 has 85mm of precipitation for me tomorrow!? Should I continue to assume that this is an error or should I start charging all the spare batteries for the camera and inflating the dingy we have in the garage?!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like a sea breeze convection day! Reminds me of being in the Mediterranean.

Wow, get the camera on standby convective! You may well witness something that happens on Rhodes for example where I saw a tremendous stationary sea breeze convergence storm!

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like a sea breeze convection day! Reminds me of being in the Mediterranean.

Wow, get the camera on standby convective! You may well witness something that happens on Rhodes for example where I saw a tremendous stationary sea breeze convergence storm!

Okay, inflatable dingy coming out then. Although I'd like to have confidence in the Euro4, it seems to be the only one with precipitation over us tomorrow.. and yes, it is definitely 85mm....!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Convective

Posted

Okay, inflatable dingy coming out then. Although I'd like to have confidence in the Euro4, it seems to be the only one with precipitation over us tomorrow.. and yes, it is definitely 85mm....!!!

Posted Image

That's friggin mental !

Would be awesome to see despite a flash flood risk.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

I really hope so! I do have a feeling we may see more of a 90's style summer this one. It has definitely been quite a convective year so far.A nice high looks to take over, which will hopefully build the heat to add the fuel to some sparks later on :D

Fingers crossed, the anticipation is killing me! I miss the night time light shows i remember as a child in the 90s. After the mild energetic winter we had im hoping there will be more energy available in the land. Definitely need a couple of weeks of high pressure to heat things up, Its hardly warm yet and there have already been plenty of storms! Good luck fellow storm addicts!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Posted Image

That looks like something out of super Mario lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Some nice live chasing feeds happening on http://tvnweather.com/mobile#detail

Edited by poseidon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Some nice live chasing feeds happening on http://tvnweather.com/mobile#detail

US storm outbreak discussion can be found here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78945-2014-chasing-outlook/

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Be interesting to see how today pans out.had a few showers late afternoon yesterday and a torrential downpour just after 5 o'clock.Reports of thunder and lightning in Bristol and at the time of these reports I watched the sky for a good half hour but saw and heard nothing.If anything does happen today I hope its after work as will be stuck indoors and will miss it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well.. That rain moving over Eastern England was not ment to be there according to the models.. Also a huge amount of cloud over the hole south.. Argh!

Yeah does look different to the forecast. A lot of rain moving out of Belgium at the moment to affect the south east. 

Posted

Although not quite 85mm, I still have 35mm forecast for around 6pm according to the latest Euro4 output...

Edited by Convective

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Although showers are possible/likely almost anywhere again today, my estimate is that the heaviest of these and any thunderstorms today will be restricted to south of the M4 in part due to a convergence of winds from the NE and off the channel. Could be some good downpours again with the risk of funnels. This afternoon the focus on most of the models does seem to favor a line from Essex to Somerset for thundery activity but overall the risk reduces once we move towards the evening as the best instability then looks to move off to the continent. In all I feel today may not be as good as yesterday with less instability forecast and cloud cover may inhibit things.

There is also another area of showers showing up around northern England across the Pennines up into Southern Scotland, although thunder risk would appear lower here. Tomorrow in this area looks far more likely for storms, although I will delve further into this later.

• Like 2