Radar
Windy?
Sign in to follow this  
lassie23

Human Extinction

What a jolly thread.

prozac central !!....

Grey Goo.

yep school dinners could well do it !!....

yep school dinners could well do it !!....

Lol, made me laugh. Not School Dinners, i'm serious. Grey Goo.

• Like 1

Lol, made me laugh. Not School Dinners, i'm serious. Grey Goo.

self replicating nanobot grey goo I guess :)!!.....

No.... School Dinners Posted Image

you win :).........heres a point why does it have to be grey goo , like cars , couldn't you get a nice metalic red goo !!... Edited by Mokidugway

Grey goo (also spelled gray goo) is a hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario involving molecular nanotechnology in which out-of-control self-replicating robots consume all matter on Earth while building more of themselves,[1][2] a scenario that has been called ecophagy ("eating the environment").[3] The original idea assumed machines were designed to have this capability, while popularizations have assumed that machines might somehow gain this capability by accident.

Self-replicating machines of the macroscopic variety were originally described by mathematician John von Neumann, and are sometimes referred to as von Neumann machines. The term gray goo was coined by nanotechnology pioneer Eric Drexler in his 1986 book Engines of Creation.[4] In 2004 he stated, "I wish I had never used the term 'gray goo'."[5]Engines of Creation mentions "gray goo" in two paragraphs and a note, while the popularized idea of gray goo was first publicized in a mass-circulation magazine, Omni, in November 1986

Omni magazine now there's a blast from the past !!.....

Stephen Hawking, the famed cosmologist and black hole expert, was quoted as saying that we should not attempt to contact civilizations outside our world. While he conceded that alien races almost certainly exist on far away planets, he worries that contacting them may lead to an invasion of Earth.

Professor Hawking was quoted as saying "If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans". His reasoning is simple; an examination of how our species has evolved, and how we have approached colonization of our world, should serve as a lesson for how a more advanced alien species might consume our tiny planet and its resources.

I suppose it depends on what level they're at on the kardashev scale , a type 2 or 3 could be a risk to us but type 4 and a above would likely be benevolent lmo !!..... I'll give type 3 a break , its the type 2 civilisations , they can only harness the power of their own star , so probably quite backward and aggressive like us !!...

Edited by Mokidugway

I suppose it depends on what level they're at on the kardashev scale , a type 2 or 3 could be a risk to us but type 4 and a above would likely be benevolent lmo !!..... I'll give type 3 a break , its the type 2 civilisations , they can only harness the power of their own star , so probably quite backward and aggressive like us !!...

Maybe we should introduce the invaders to snack food and trash tv, that should defeat them or make them ill enough to return home.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

A warp drive through interstellar fast food outlet built out by the ort cloud should keep them happy !!.......

This would probably do the job. Scary stuff, would make a global nuclear holocaust look like a chip pan fire in comparison.

The approximate energy released when the Chicxulub impact caused the mass extinction 66 million years ago was estimated to be equal to 100 teratons (i.e. 100 exagrams or approximately 220.462 quadrillion pounds) of TNT. That is roughly 8 billion times stronger than each of the bombs that hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the most energetic event on the history of Earth for hundreds of millions of years, far more powerful than any volcanic eruption, earthquake or firestorm. Such an explosion annihilated everything within a thousand miles of the impact in a split second. Such energy is equivalent to that needed to power the whole Earth for several centuries.

Every nuclear weapon on Earth (~30,000 warheads, 7,000 megatons) gathered into a big pile and detonated would produce just 0.007% the energy of this impact.

Big Five mass extinction events

Ordovician-Silurian mass extinction

The third largest extinction in Earth's history, the Ordovician-Silurian mass extinction had two peak dying times separated by hundreds of thousands of years. During the Ordovician, most life was in the sea, so it was sea creatures such as trilobites, brachiopods and graptolites that were drastically reduced in number.

Late Devonian mass extinction

Three quarters of all species on Earth died out in the Late Devonian mass extinction, though it may have been a series of extinctions over several million years, rather than a single event. Life in the shallow seas were the worst affected, and reefs took a hammering, not returning to their former glory until new types of coral evolved over 100 million years later.

Permian mass extinction

The Permian mass extinction has been nicknamed The Great Dying, since a staggering 96% of species died out. All life on Earth today is descended from the 4% of species that survived.

Triassic-Jurassic mass extinction

During the final 18 million years of the Triassic period, there were two or three phases of extinction whose combined effects created the Triassic-Jurassic mass extinction event. Climate change, flood basalt eruptions and an asteroid impact have all been blamed for this loss of life.

Cretaceous-Tertiary mass extinction

The Cretaceous-Tertiary mass extinction - also known as the K/T extinction - is famed for the death of the dinosaurs. However, many other organisms perished at the end of the Cretaceous including the ammonites, many flowering plants and the last of the pterosaurs.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONEhttp:////nwforum.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

Planetary extinction by a giant asteroid made of varnish , a horrible way to go , but a beautiful finish !!!......

• Like 1

Only He knows when our time will come to an end.  We will be judged upon our actions toward our fellow man.... as well as on how well we dealt with terrible disease and natural disasters, for which only He can be held accountable.  Happy Easter, indeed.

that reminds me church on Sunday , daughters wedding banns getting read out !!....

Planetary extinction by a giant asteroid made of varnish , a horrible way to go , but a beautiful finish !!!......

where is the down button???

Only He knows when our time will come to an end. 

Well I think 'He' ought to man-up a bit and let us know.

What's the point of creating this planet only to demolish it? Maybe HE doesn't exist, maybe HE had nothing to do with creation, maybe Easter is a shamhttp:////nwforum.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/shok.gif  HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!

• Like 2

You mean stolen pagan rituals?

You mean stolen pagan rituals?

HAPPY STOLEN PAGAN RITUALS DAY EVERYBODY!

Here is another laughable end of the world scenario.

The Nibiru cataclysm is a supposed disastrous encounter between the Earth and a large planetary object (either a collision or a near-miss) which certain groups believe will take place in the early 21st century. Believers in this doomsday event usually refer to this object as Planet X or Nibiru. The idea that a planet-sized object will collide with or pass by Earth in the near future is not supported by any scientific evidence and has been rejected as pseudoscience by astronomers and planetary scientists.[1]The idea was first put forward in 1995 by Nancy Lieder,[2][3] founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that the object would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003 (though that date was later abandoned) causing Earth to undergo a pole shift that would destroy most of humanity. The prediction has subsequently spread beyond Lieder's website and has been embraced by numerous Internet doomsday groups, most of which linked the event to the 2012 phenomenon. Although the name "Nibiru" is derived from the works of the late ancient astronaut writer Zecharia Sitchin and his interpretations of Babylonian and Sumerian mythology, Sitchin denied any connection between his work and various claims of a coming apocalypse.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

A good game of planetary billiards !!......