Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2014 thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yet another gorgeous summer's day here! Although looks like we're going to be suffering an uncomfortable night tonight, been few and far between so far.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A warm humid night coming up tonight overnight "lows" will widely be 16c to 18c despite some rain a couple of fresher days before some proper summer heat is shown to arrive during next week

Yes Gav, The Models do show some real Summer Heat for the Southern half of the UK towards the end of the week. Not looking forward to sleeping at Nick states, Could be very humid at night..

Posted Image

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes Gav, The Models show some real Summer Heat for the Southern half of the UK towards the end of the week.

06 GFS not really that keen, so best ignored eh?

Posted

No Model should be ignored, But until they trend other-wise throughout the runs, The main theme continues. We are looking at 5/6 days out. So expect slight variations at this range..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think everyone ignores it, hot or cold :p

Beautiful day here by the sea in Norfolk, already in the 20s despite a sea breeze. Going to be very warm inland this afternoon.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

24c here now in the shade with a nice breeze, Getting to the point where it's to hot for me, Anything over 25c and im out of my comfort zone  :laugh:

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Perhaps another read of my post, this time properly and objectively might help. 'This may well then herald the prospect of.....' does not suggest I am very confident, unless of course it suits your agenda to say it does.

Whilst you say that, your automatic tendency is to say the Atlantic may smash 'thru'. Maybe it won't. Your post however certainly lent over towards much more unsettled stuff. Basically none of us know.

LOL. So temperatures approaching 30c as early as Wednesday is not real heat? Pretty hot in most books. Not all about the GFS either though of course. Many other models going for 'real heat' too.

Posted

Whilst you say that, your automatic tendency is to say the Atlantic may smash 'thru'. Maybe it won't. Your post however certainly lent over towards much more unsettled stuff. Basically none of us know.LOL. So temperatures approaching 30c as early as Wednesday is not real heat? Pretty hot in most books. Not all about the GFS either though of course. Many other models going for 'real heat' too.

That is because virtually every run is pointing towards increased mobility through the final third of the month. You can choose to ignore that FACT if you wish, you can choose to focus on the shorter term if you wish (there are other threads for that), but don't just dismiss it for no other reason that not liking what you see. The model thread is full of people like that.

Posted

The Model Thread is full of people discussing what the Models are showing Shed. Let's not dismiss that FACT! 

Can we please cut the arguing/snipping. It's A lovely Summers day let's enjoy It.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

24c here now in the shade with a nice breeze, Getting to the point where it's to hot for me, Anything over 25c and im out of my comfort zone  :laugh:

Approaching 27c/81f  here , as like you, this temperature is way out of my comfort zone. Could not live in a hot country!! :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted

It's A lovely Summers day let's enjoy It.

Falling into a slurry pit whilst handcuffed would be less traumatic, so long as it was chilled. Today is unbearable, outside and in. And the total lack of sleep courtesy of the damned heat is making me very fractious indeed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Certainly humid and uncomfortable for me now-just come in from some gardening have had enough for today..A taste of more of this next week looking likely from modeling so not relishing the prospect.

As others have said something cooler and more comfortable for me too.

A gentle Atlantic south westerly with 21-22C and sunny spells will do nicely thank you.

Overall though Summer for me so far has been ok with plenty of dry days here and no extreme temperatures-yet.

It looks like a mixture of the two types in the next 7 days.That Atlantic trough showing it's hand next week just to our west seems the key to higher temperatures/humidity for a short spell before a return to a fresher westerly flow.

Typical UK high Summer weather.

Posted

Certainly humid and uncomfortable for me now-just come in from some gardening have had enough for today..A taste of more of this next week looking likely from modeling so not relishing the prospect.

Me too - had half an hour cutting the grass,an odious task at the best of times, and I am absolutely lathered. Got about 3sq metres done before throwing the towel in - the missus can do the rest. I'd like some summer-worshippers to explain in straight forward,easy to understand plain English, what the attraction is, cos this is rapidly deteriorating into hell.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Me too - had half an hour cutting the grass,an odious task at the best of times, and I am absolutely lathered. Got about 3sq metres done before throwing the towel in - the missus can do the rest. I'd like some summer-worshippers to explain in straight forward,easy to understand plain English, what the attraction is, cos this is rapidly deteriorating into hell.

Sitting in the garden, with a fag and a nice Stella, watching the big clouds go up with a nice gentle breeze. It's paradise !
  • Like 2

Posted

hot weather is good when you go on holiday and you have the sea and pool 10 yards away from you, hot weather when you are at home or at work is awful, its not that hot today really though

Edited by Tony27

Posted

I'm working from home most of next week. Looks like I'm going to seriously miss my air conditioned office :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I'm working from home most of next week. Looks like I'm going to seriously miss my air conditioned office :(

I wish my office was air conditioned...the smart designers put in glass ceilings through the central atrium, so it turns the whole complex into a giant greenhouse that slow cooks the 1500 odd people per building. The ventilation system is outdated, so rather than let a cool breeze go through the vents, it brings in more hot air instead....

Don't get me started on the lack of desk fans - people start foaming at the mouth if they see one in sight during heat-waves.   :nonono:

I do enjoy summer weather...I would just rather be a slob outside with a cold beer in t-shirt and shorts instead of turning myself into a suited-up sweaty wreck after only climbing a few sets of stairs...

At least for people with jobs working outside, it is more acceptable to have sweat patches compared to us office workers. :laugh:

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The weather station in Darlington hit 28.1c at 15:14 today making it the hottest day of the year so far here

@bbcweather 

A snapshot for Mon & Tues. Notice the high pressure coming into the south. Could be nudging 30C by end of week. Jo

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

The weather station in Darlington hit 28.1c at 15:14 today making it the hottest day of the year so far here

@bbcweather 

A snapshot for Mon & Tues. Notice the high pressure coming into the south. Could be nudging 30C by end of week. Jo

Posted Image

just 23 deg here again,still our joint warmest this year with yesterday and may 19th,surprised how warm you are having it up there!!!

Posted

Can already tell tonight is going to be the first genuinely unpleasant one of the summer for me. I'm perspiring at quite a rate simply sitting in the living room...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Tenpin Stafford is not air conditioned, think its because they cannot afford it, league finished now for summer, just as well as my scores tend to lower when its hot, other bowlers seem to be unaffected, someone got a maximum 300 on an unbelievably hot night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I have no problem with the kind of heat and humidity we get in this country as i just dont get the unpleasant feeling that some get with this sort of weather. Id much rather have this than the cold drizzly damp stuff we get in winter. Im looking forward to biking to work next week in some nice temperatures, as opposed to the cold, the wind and the dark

• Like 6

Posted

Tenpin Stafford is not air conditioned, think its because they cannot afford it, league finished now for summer, just as well as my scores tend to lower when its hot, other bowlers seem to be unaffected, someone got a maximum 300 on an unbelievably hot night!

I went there last summer during that July heatwave - no wonder I was drenched after a game!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I went there last summer during that July heatwave - no wonder I was drenched after a game!

yeah, just think league is 3 games, even hotter I find after 7pm when league is on, I had league then, dont think I even got 500 series!