Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2014 thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Away from the north west UK (they probably mean NW Scotland) it doesn't look too bad from next weekend till the 21st according to the met office

From next weekend onwards through the rest of this forecast period many areas are likely to see a good deal of fine and often dry weather, though occasional showers may affect some spots. Northwestern UK may not fare quite so well though and be a little more changeable with showers or longer spells of rain at times.

Away from the north west UK (they probably mean NW Scotland) it doesn't look too bad from next weekend till the 21st according to the met office

From next weekend onwards through the rest of this forecast period many areas are likely to see a good deal of fine and often dry weather, though occasional showers may affect some spots. Northwestern UK may not fare quite so well though and be a little more changeable with showers or longer spells of rain at times.

I wouldn't build my hopes up Gavin,next week looked good for a while now its just plain auld rubbish for most away from the SE.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

And on the flip side, last week looked horrendous but was it really that bad. The truth is with showers you cant really tell until the day itself but NW England wont be the best place to be next week i will admit. It will feel summerlike in the SE though.

• Like 1

Posted

Warm and sultry maybe, but not thundery - it never is for me. So ye, lots to moan about, akin to doing a week's hard graft only to find you're not gonna get paid 'cos the firm's gone bust.

As confidently predicted a week ago. Got a little rain, which was pleasant enough, but not a sniff of thunder. What a con.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Nice day here too at 23c and a 5mph S breeze. Feels nice and balmy. This is what June is all about - warm days and long evenings. 

Hopefully this weather continues and the temps rise. Next week still looking very good on the ECM.

Edited by matty007

Posted

That's it I'm moving to Germany. Proper summer weather for virtually all of the season. Winter is also a guarentee.

California>>>

Pretty much the best climate in the world.

Posted

Because the Atlantic and it's mild rubbish can't sod off for long enough...

Just like that time it snowed in bloody Rome and rained here. We have the most pathetic, lame excuse of a climate on earth save for Chongqing in China and it's environs.

• Like 2

Posted

The heat in Europe has to come over to us eventually surely.

Posted

Can't we move the country next to Spain?

That's the thing living in the UK, miss out on a lot of things. 

Posted

Well I bloody well hope not - they can keep it. Anyway why should it, they're none too keen on sharing their winter cold...

• Like 1

Posted

Well nothing is certain look at the cold they get in winter but a south easterly flow would bring some very warm maybe even hot air with given the heat thats building

Posted

Not a bad old summers week this coming week the BBC weather bullet points are

Warm

Plenty of sunshine

A few downpours

It could be a lot worse

Posted

We have the most pathetic, lame excuse of a climate on earth save for Chongqing in China and it's environs.

Having said that we don't suffer from hurricanes, typhoons etc, killer tornadoes etc.We moan but we are lucky than some areas.

Posted

Having said that we don't suffer from hurricanes, typhoons etc, killer tornadoes etc.We moan but we are lucky than some areas.

It's still dangerous - death by boredom.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think this weather is gorgeous! Don't know why people are so despondent. You don't need 35c to sit outside with a beer or have a BBQ. It's perfectly pleasant enough to enjoy the outdoors.

• Like 5

Posted

I think this weather is gorgeous! Don't know why people are so despondent. You don't need 35c to sit outside with a beer or have a BBQ. It's perfectly pleasant enough to enjoy the outdoors.

Maybe down there but up here it keeps clouding over at midday- you can set watches by it- and throwing in a couple of pesky non-thundery showers ok in the afternooms. That's been the default setting for the past week or so.

Who needs hurricanes when you can have 3 months of constant bombardment by Atlantic lows bringing gales and flooding? At least a hurricane is over in a couple of days...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Today was really nice - a high of 22C and mostly sunny. It's clouded up a bit now because there are showers in the vicinity, but until recently it was lovely, sunny and warm.

I prefer 22C to 35C, the latter is unpleasant and unnecessary, but, it would be interesting to have a heatwave with similar temperatures. I would be excited if our record of 34.4C, set nearly 25 years ago, was broken or had the potential to be broken. We haven't really come close since - highest was 32C in 2006.

My only real gripe, as ever, is the lack of thunderstorms, and the heat on the continent certainly encourages some impressive storms that are lacking here. I've long since given up on that though, so I'm just going to enjoy the pleasantly warm weather.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

25C is the top for me, anything above that and i will melt.

Today is far too humid.

• Like 1

Posted

25C is the top for me, anything above that and i will melt.

Today is far too humid.

Yesterday was far more humid. 

Posted

Yesterday was far more humid. 

Managed to miss it here. Friday morning was still quite nice, Friday afternoon i was inside and then saturday it rained from the moment i awoke.