Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2014 thread

Posted

Still sunny and warm, but nowhere near as unpleasant as recently.

There was a very distinct, but pleasant and very welcome nip in the air at sunrise. Now it's almost as bad as it's been for the last few days. Keeping a wistful eye on that rain to my NW but not holding out much hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Must admit it feels warmer than I expected. The cloud cover has been kind of variable (bit like ScottRichards10), but is more of a 50% cloud to blue sky mix now. The temperature currently around 22*C according to the phone's app, but actually seems a bit warmer than that.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

25C here and quite humid, been high twenties all week at home and where I was in The Netherlands earlier this week, a very good summer so far and consistent since early june, I do wonder if NW Europe is in a above average summer pattern mid/late decade similar to the 90s (1994-1999) and 00s (2003-2006) were, either way it's been an enjoyable summer so far. :)

Edited by 95 Degrees

Posted

far nicer today, still a bit too muggy for my liking, but was able to cut the lawn and do a bit in the garden

30+ is fine if you're plodding around the beach with nothing to do, but I got things that need doing and this last week nothing has been done

a nice sunny, 22/23'c August please and maybe I'll be able to start playing golf again after giving up at the beginning of grass pollen season and continuing my hiatus due to the heat!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I can't be more than 20 miles from you, and it's been sunny from dawn - still is. So near yet so far... how come you're getting all the good weather?

Turned into a lovely day, reaching 22C - higher than forecast, but what else is new?

Feels pleasant outside with a nice breeze, but I'm going to miss the very warm weather. Hopefully I can maintain my tan.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

People who constantly moan about heat and dont want to move to abroad, move to the coast of north west scotland and feel the cold.

• Like 2

Posted

Very nice video, it has been for the most part a lovely day in the Manchester area- much fresher feeling but not particularly cool at around 21C- it has been slightly warmer than forecast and actually rather warm for these parts in a westerly/northwesterly airflow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Very nice video, it has been for the most part a lovely day in the Manchester area- much fresher feeling but not particularly cool at around 21C- it has been slightly warmer than forecast and actually rather warm for these parts in a westerly/northwesterly airflow.

That is late July for you. It never really feels cool at this time of year as we are now at the warmest time of year.

• Like 1

Posted

After some quiet heavy rain last night, today has been a few degrees cooler than of late, and felt fresher outside. It was still quite warm in the sun during the afternoon. The top temperature was 23.1C at 15.31 hrs and humidity at 54%

Posted

People who constantly moan about heat and dont want to move to abroad, move to the coast of north west scotland and feel the cold.

I've heard this sort of thing a thousand times. If only life was that simple. Besides, it'd still be too warm for me because of the maritime influence -  Western Scotland takes the brunt of that nasty Gulf Stream and the sound of bagpipes would drive me mad. How about all those who usually whine about 'poor' summer weather clear off to London instead?  Better still, why not let folk have their moans - after all it's only a weather forum about the virtues and pitfalls of the season, it's not as if someone has grievously insulted your mother or summat...

• Like 5

Posted

Much better weekend than I was expecting, 27c yesterday and 22c today with long spells of sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Was a very warm and sticky morning here in Guernsey, but since about 3pm its clouded over and a cool breeze has developed, hopefully might get an easier night sleep tonight.

Judging by the charts, looks like a slight cool down and unsettled, but i still reckon summer has another warm/hot spel towards the end.

Have to say im looking forward to this change and get some different weather :D but will certainly miss the heat

Posted

This month is currently the third warmest July in 18 years records for here, 2013 already exceeding it byt 0.3C, the other equal one is 2006 at 19.5C mean temperature, still 4 days to go so very probably it will end up 3rd warmest for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I've heard this sort of thing a thousand times. If only life was that simple. Besides, it'd still be too warm for me because of the maritime influence -  Western Scotland takes the brunt of that nasty Gulf Stream and the sound of bagpipes would drive me mad. How about all those who usually whine about 'poor' summer weather clear off to London instead?  Better still, why not let folk have their moans - after all it's only a weather forum about the virtues and pitfalls of the season, it's not as if someone has grievously insulted your mother or summat...

Calm down i was hardly being serious.

• Like 2

Posted

Calm down i was hardly being serious.

I know - sorry. Just begins to grate a little being offered advice which I've contemplated enough times as it is. Teevee weather presenters really get my teeth gnashing tho' when they say with a straight face that if it gets too hot for you,head to the coast or similar. Like,we just walk outta work,let the kids get themselves home from school,fill up the waiting car and drive for so many hundreds of miles to sit on an exposed hilltop or shady cove etc. Perhaps I take things too literally....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This 'unsettled' spell doesn't look like producing much rain for the majority of England rain totals to August 5th show some areas receiving very little

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Had a real treat last night with a great storm. Best of the year really, very slow moving. Below is a picture, shame I didn't see the shrubbery at the top of the picture, but it's a good cap nonetheless. 

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Today and yesterday have been better than expected. Just a shame tomorrow looks disappointing.

Just boring sunny here today, and tomorrow, cold front looks like arriving evening, SE was place to be today

• Like 1

Posted

The tendency for people to write days/weeks/months off is not helped by the media. I was listening to one newsreaser on Lincs FM who described today as starting off good, turning miserable. What utter tosh. Lincolnshire saw 24c today so what she had seen to suggest it was going to be miserable i do not know. On here too i think people look at the charts, see that theres not a big high over the top of us and think washout/write off etc. It shows a lack of understanding if you ask me so i suggest said people should study the individual charts a bit closer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Another great summers day here,have lost count this summer haw a poor forcast has turned out to be good...like the tour de france weekend it was typically wrong!!!

• Like 2

Posted

There have been countless decent days here this summer. 2013/14 will go down as one of those groups of decent summers that happen from time to time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

It has indeed been decent summer for both sunshine and thunderstorms, and the only rain ive experienced this summer is from those thunderstorms which happenes rare judging by the past summers I have experienced.

I think this summer has been slightly better than last summer because of the consistent warmth and dryness, however i did find last summer decent aswell but also found it to be quite breezy.

Anyways I definatley dont think that this summer has finished with the warmth at all, judging by recent updates, there seems to be some decent signs of warmth again.