Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2014 thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Hopefully it'll cool down quite a bit and we'll see the end of this horrible warm spell. I'll certainly be glad to see the cool, wet and windy conditions back in control...lovely..... We've had the warmth, time for something different.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Hopefully it'll warm up quite a bit and we'll see the continuance of this lovely warm spell. I'll certainly be glad to see the cool, wet and windy conditions stay away...lovely..... We've had the warmth, time for something the same.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Hopefully it'll warm up quite a bit and we'll see the continuance of this lovely warm spell. I'll certainly be glad to see the cool, wet and windy conditions stay away...lovely..... We've had the warmth, time for something the same.

Hopefully it'll cool down quite a bit...etc...etc..ad infinitum.....with Summer speedily coming to a close i think you're fighting a losing battle mate :). The thought of cooler weather must really grind your gears...lol

Edited by simshady
  • Like 1

Posted

Hopefully it'll cool down quite a bit...etc...etc..ad infinitum......the thought of cooler weather must really grind your gears...lol

Yes of course it does, I hate it and wish I had the money to live somewhere where it is like this all year round, but I don't so am stuck here with this awful weather at least 9 months of the year.

Posted

Yes of course it does, I hate it and wish I had the money to live somewhere where it is like this all year round, but I don't so am stuck here with this awful weather at least 9 months of the year.

Pity that...maybe you should try and save, or have a whipround...I'll chip in a fiver. :)

Posted

pathetic

Only a bit of banter....don't take it so seriously....if I offended you I apologise. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

... seems very juxtaposed, that does.

It's an oxymoron.

Seriously hope a NW/SE split is not developing.

Edited by cheese

Approaching 27c in the bedroom this morning, how is that fun? The dog doesn't want to go out because he gets too hot and the usual streams and ponds have dried up to nothing, can't open windows to cool the house when the sun goes down because the midges invade, got bitten by a horse fly yesterday. Hayfever still annoying. Bring on the hurricanes and megablizzards.

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 1

Posted

Approaching 27c in the bedroom this morning, how is that fun? The dog doesn't want to go out because he gets too hot and the usual streams and ponds have dried up to nothing, can't open windows to cool the house when the sun goes down because the midges invade, got bitten by a horse fly yesterday. Hayfever still annoying. Bring on the hurricanes and megablizzards.

Yes, I was bitten by a horsefly the other morning while walking the dogs. I had a T-shirt on because it was too warm for a coat or sweater. My arm went red and was swollen for two days. Got to watch it doesn't get infected.

Posted

Any outsiders looking into this forum would think its full of typical Brits complaining over a couple of days of heat.

I'm sure the Atlantic will be here soon for all those hiding in a blacked out room in their cellar.

• Like 1

Yes, I was bitten by a horsefly the other morning while walking the dogs. I had a T-shirt on because it was too warm for a coat or sweater. My arm went red and was swollen for two days. Got to watch it doesn't get infected.

I think I swatted it away before it could bite properly, hurt and made a bite mark though but not the symptoms you have, sounds nasty that.

Posted

Any outsiders looking into this forum would think its full of typical Brits complaining over a couple of days of heat. I'm sure the Atlantic will be here soon for all those hiding in a blacked out room in their cellar.

Lol...I don't want to be in a blacked out cellar...just need it to be a little cooler.

I think I swatted it away before it could bite properly, hurt and made a bite mark though but not the symptoms you have, sounds nasty that.

Yeah..it itches like mad but its gone down now...has a couple of little blisters on though..hope there aren't a thousand little horsefly larvae waiting to hatch out.....lol.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I'd have to agree that 27℃in your bedroom is to much, I work as a chef and on the rare occasion that it does get hot outside, the working environment becomes unbearable. Luckily for us folk right on the coast of NE England we rarely exceed the low 20's which is fine by me. On the up-side of being a chef its lovely and warm in the winter months...

Half an hour ago here in 'sunny shields'...

post-5386-0-72957800-1406199238_thumb.pn

http://www.southshields-weather.co.uk/Today%27s_weather.htm

Posted

God, I really do feel for the people on the North Sea coasts sometimes. Watching everyone else get sunny skies and pleasantly warm temperatures, while they're stuck with the rubbish cool weather under the sea frets. Must really be frustrating sometimes.

Yeah, it can and does get frustrating, but when the westerly regime resumes everybody starts to complain about falling temperatures when actually they rise here.. Still it would be fun to join in with the rest of the country but that' aint never gonna happen' in an easterly unless we refloat Doggerland..!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms
Posted

God, I really do feel for the people on the North Sea coasts sometimes. Watching everyone else get sunny skies and pleasantly warm temperatures, while they're stuck with the rubbish cool weather under the sea frets. Must really be frustrating sometimes.

I often go to my favourite,secluded North Sea coastal spot on me mo'bike just for that, and to leave all the heat,the sun,the general hideousness of the season and the hordes of peasants it is so good at extracting from the woodwork behind. And when the missus has done with the parasol and summer has done with us, I'm going to reinforce it with scaffold pole in anticipation of Autumn's delights.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I often go to my favourite,secluded North Sea coastal spot on me mo'bike just for that, and to leave all the heat,the sun,the general hideousness of the season and the hordes of peasants it is so good at extracting from the woodwork behind. And when the missus has done with the parasol and summer has done with us, I'm going to reinforce it with scaffold pole in anticipation of Autumn's delights.

Im sure a rocky outcrop at Flamborough Head would have suited you just fine yesterday :good:

• Like 1

Posted

We have this cold and wet weather for 90% of the year anyway. I just don't understand how anyone would want it the same for the last 10% too. Oh well enjoy your vitamin D deficiency.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm wondering if there is a chance of a 32C down here today. It was officially 30C just outside of Portsmouth yesterday, and right now my back yard is 2C up on where it was yesterday, with light winds (unlike yesterday), no clouds (again unlike yesterday). Very very nice in the shade, a bit bonkers in direct sunshine!

Posted

Im sure a rocky outcrop at Flamborough Head would have suited you just fine yesterday :good:

I'm impressed - that's the very place I go to!  Alas, work prevents me from going this week... or the next,and the one after etc. Must be hot today, even our cats only spent a few minutes outside - up until today they've been happy to mooch around outdoors all day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A bit of trolling going on in this thread at the moment. I dont like winter but dont go invading the winter discussion proclaiming how horrible the cold and dark of winter is. By all means make a summer moaning thread but dont spam this thread with monotonous negativity. Meanwhile, over here its a much better day than yesterday with the low cloud vanished back to the North Sea.

If you think a post is trolling, please hit the report button rather than publicly post about it and we'll deal with it.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

25.5c here currently which is almost 2c up on yesterday. If it keeps like this i wouldn't be surprised if we reached 28c possibly even 29c.

Posted

Only a bit of banter....don't take it so seriously....if I offended you I apologise. :)

No need to apologise, just though it was a poor effort, and had to go out so didn't have time to post properly, I like a bit of banter and take nothing too serious.