Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2014 thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

For those enjoying the heat.and sunshine. its dark and looks like rain here :fool:  honestly cant remember  a summer thus far. so devoid of sunshine. Sure we had the odd nice  day. But  just the odd day..

I can remember a much duller one in this area of the country as little as two years ago!

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It has been blinding for a month here. Lots of sunshine, even missed all the showers last weekend. No complaints here.

post-15177-0-75399000-1404378218_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

S'funny really how split the country seems to have been this June. Down here we've had great weather and barely any rain, but it seems it's been the opposite oop north. For such a small island we do get some diverse weather.

Posted

S'funny really how split the country seems to have been this June. Down here we've had great weather and barely any rain, but it seems it's been the opposite oop north. For such a small island we do get some diverse weather.

I feel really sorry for those darn sarf who apparently are having a rough ol' time of it with high temps today. It's just about tolerable up here if one abstains completely from any type of physical effort, albeit after a shockingly warm and sticky night ( I was working).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The only physical effort I will be taking part in when I get in from work is lifting a book and drinking a cool drink.

• Like 2

Posted

The only physical effort I will be taking part in when I get in from work is lifting a book and drinking a cool drink.

Good idea - but there's little else you can do anyway, so disabling is the crappy hot weather which some folk go mad for. Makes you wonder what goes on in their heads.

• Like 1

Posted

The MetOffice charts for June are out and it looks like it was very warm in Scotland and the south-west but above average everywhere except East Anglia:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2014/6/2014_6_MeanTemp_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Quite a dry month overall apart from a few areas that had a few thunderstorms early in the month:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2014/6/2014_6_Rainfall_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Generally a north-east / south-west split with regards to sunshine:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2014/6/2014_6_Sunshine_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Locally speaking it was 0.4C above average, 64% rainfall and 92% sunshine, so an average sort of month.

• Like 2

I feel really sorry for those darn sarf who apparently are having a rough ol' time of it with high temps today. It's just about tolerable up here if one abstains completely from any type of physical effort, albeit after a shockingly warm and sticky night ( I was working).

16.8c here, overcast and drizzling. Lovely. Would hate to be in the SE today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

26c and wall to wall sunshine where I am quite a nice breeze not too humid either..yet

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Sticky night? Lol it was probably only 14C last night!! 

Try living on the south coast with average lows of 15C in summer.. to me 18C lows are the most pleasant. How anyone can find 14C lows 'sticky' is beyond me!! 

Luckily I am leaving this country for a few weeks to head to the Mediterranean soon, where I will see some real summer weather with 30C highs and 20C lows  :yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted

The MetOffice charts for June are out and it looks like it was very warm in Scotland and the south-west but above average everywhere except East Anglia:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2014/6/2014_6_MeanTemp_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Quite a dry month overall apart from a few areas that had a few thunderstorms early in the month:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2014/6/2014_6_Rainfall_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Generally a north-east / south-west split with regards to sunshine:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2014/6/2014_6_Sunshine_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Locally speaking it was 0.4C above average, 64% rainfall and 92% sunshine, so an average sort of mon

If only every summer sunshine anomaly map looked like that! It really wasn't a bad month at all here, let down only by the lack of a 25C+ reading. 

July had better not carry on with this SE-only heat, it's the absolute worst kind of summer setup for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

What? It's all of 19c in Yorkshire at he moment. If that's only just about tolerable then maybe you should get your Thyroid checked out. I understand that some people don't like 'warm' or hot weather but 18-22c should be comfortable to anybody, after all that's the typical living temperature. 

Maybe you should look into moving to somewhere like Switzerland where you can enjoy cold temperatures all year round. 

I'm not insulting you, but I have no idea how 18-22c can be classed as just tolerable or uncomfortable temperatures by anybody. 

Edited by matty007
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Writtle in Essex has hit 27.3c this afternoon making it the hottest day of the year so far

Posted

Writtle in Essex has hit 27.3c this afternoon making it the hottest day of the year so far

Lovely temperature. 

My thermometers sitting bang on 26c at time of writing. 

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

What? It's all of 19c in Yorkshire at he moment. If that's only just about tolerable then maybe you should get your Thyroid checked out. I understand that some people don't like 'warm' or hot weather but 18-22c should be comfortable to anybody, after all that's the typical living temperature. 

Maybe you should look into moving to somewhere like Switzerland where you can enjoy cold temperatures all year round

I'm not insulting you, but I have no idea how 18-22c can be classed as just tolerable or uncomfortable temperatures by anybody. 

Warm Summers there!

• Like 2

Posted

Warm Summers there!

Like anywhere, it depends which part. 

Jungfraujoch for example has an average Summer maximum of 10c and  -10-20c lows in the Winter. 

Edited by matty007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Says on google earth that Ipswich is currently 29c as is Colchester

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted

Bit silly, nobody lives there, it's a glacier pass at over 11,000 feet altitude!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungfraujoch

Yes, but laserguy would be right at home there. He obviously loves cold temperatures. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Writtle in Essex has hit 27.7°C shortly before 15:00 up from 27.3c earlier this afternoon

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wish the heat would bugger off quicker if only the SE is

Going to get it. Frustrating.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

For some reason, I can't get excited about the prospect of nice weather hundreds of miles away. I wish it was cloudy everywhere, because if I can't have nice weather, nobody else can either. Don't care about it being hot - just some sunshine would be nice.

Posted Image

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1