Sign in to follow this  
Keraunic

TV Ads you hate.

Waitrose carrot ad

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8UDUDKLZCAI

Don't know why but it shows a little boy putting his heart and sole into growing a little carrot. Then they show "Essentials" carrots, which are the cheap carrots. To me it makes it look as though his prize carrot is only fit for their basic range

Just my opinion

The ad for the new Baileys Irish Creme chocolate. Those chocolate covered lips......ugh! It makes me feel positively sick.

Just seen an execrable new advert showing some Bigglesesque character flying around the garden in his plane and being highly annoying - all to showcase a tin of paint.

Why?

It's worse than you realise - the aircraft in question is an autogyro (now referred-to as a gyrocopter) which cannot hover as seen in the adverts unless it's flying into a strong wind, as it requires air passing over the rotors in order to turn them and generate lift (hence the pusher propeller behind the cockpit).

It might be an old thread but.....

Direct line landlord Insurance. Will replace or repair a broken boiler as standard.

Then the disclaimer. Does not include wear or tear!

I ask you, why does a boiler fail if not due to wear and tear?

It's worse than you realise - the aircraft in question is an autogyro (now referred-to as a gyrocopter) which cannot hover as seen in the adverts unless it's flying into a strong wind, as it requires air passing over the rotors in order to turn them and generate lift (hence the pusher propeller behind the cockpit).

can't alter rotor pitch I believe ..

There are quite a few.

The iceland ads with anyone really.

The new asda one, stop smacking ya butts!it's old now

The M+S ones. Yes your steak looks lovely but it's too expensive.

There was also a windows ad but I can't remember the company, just some annoying bloke saying, 'you buy one, you get one free'

The keith lemon one. Can't remember what hes trying to sell, i switch off when ever he comes on.

The ones that comes on before the sky channel starts, telling me a 60 second workout will firm my butt and give me abs.

Edited by Dami

Most TV adverts don't annoy me straight away, it usually happens when they are completely overplayed.

I suppose the ones that do annoy me though are the adverts for someone's crappy music. I just sit there thinking "that's one album I'm definately not buying now."

Aye, there's one that keeps being 'shown' on LBC: some crappy summertime guitar crap.

The TripAdvisor one where that vile dog barks "BOOK" really loudly. So annoying.

Surely it contravenes some rules regarding advert volume? I hope so!

ads of very famous brands, like coca cola - i mean who doesn't know about coke?

Go compare as well. even without the fat singing broke

Edited by Dami

any tampax advert....especially when I'm eating my tomato soup................  :bad:

This was a terrible advert, don't know what the hell KFC were thinking. People were bound to contain about the bad manners!

Anyone remember those Crazy Frog adverts?

I thought this advert was disrepectful marketing .

This is not historically accurate there was a ceasefire but it is not as friendly/intimate as above. If I were in the war I'd rather not meddle with people that I seek to kill. Each man for himself.

I hate this because it shows when monster munch was BIG and not the tiny bits kids get now, like all things crisp/chocolate. Had a cadburys cake bar the other day, and there was more wrapper than cake.

Less product, more cost and I believe monster munch was just 7p once!

First time was OK...but the Snickers add featuring Mr. Bean is driving me mad on repetition!

The one with the bloke with the tash, sitting on a chair.

Edited by lassie23

Noticed during 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown that the opera dude from GoCompare is back again. That'll be another commercial on list of 'hates'.

- GoCompare Dude

- The overly loud "BOOK!!" commercial

- The soppy music banking commercials

- The McDonald's ones that really don't seem to make any sense

- The Muller corner adverts with that woman who always ends up with a perfectly shaped blob on her face, then starts giggling. Like hell would you end up like that.

My list could really go on and on. :)

To think someone has to pay extra for something just because it's been on the telly? Or because a so called celeb is paid shed loads to advertise it? And it's then supposedly more superior to other similar products.

Gullible people need look no further LOL. There's been generations of them!

I find the hotel one with the puppet "look a likes" creepy. As if you would be happy getting into bed with a puppet (maybe that's another Sun on Sunday story)

The TripAdvisor one where that vile dog barks "BOOK" really loudly. So annoying.

In French

In Spanish

😉

Edited by Weather-history