Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Keraunic

TV Ads you hate.

"Because it's Christmas" - No, Asda, it bloody well isn't.

Right, that hideous Hive advert is gradually making me hate winter.

The Ribena advert. Argh!

So did that Kerry Katona woman :D

and didn't stacey solomon? and most mums tbh.

*Mums go to Iceland*

lies.

lassie23, on 03 Nov 2015 - 20:05, said:

So did that Kerry Katona woman :D

Great publicity for iceland! Remember what happened to her a while back?

http://moejackson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kerry-katona-bikini-051514-1.jpg

lol  :D

the heck is going on with my browser !!

Edited by Essex Easterly
  • Like 1

Come to think of it most supermarket ads are awful, especially Asda and Aldi. From working in one, do you have any idea how they choose what celebs to over pay to front their Christmas ads? Morrisons should really drop Ant and D**k because it really isn't working.

Morrisons reports another fall in sales

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/34729825

On Friday, it will launch its Christmas marketing campaign using its own staff to promote its stores rather than celebrities Ant and Dec who previously fronted its seasonal adverts.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Great publicity for iceland! Remember what happened to her a while back?

http://moejackson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kerry-katona-bikini-051514-1.jpg

lol  :D

the heck is going on with my browser !!

I think that is what generally happens if you live off Iceland food. :D

Morrisons reports another fall in sales

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/34729825

On Friday, it will launch its Christmas marketing campaign using its own staff to promote its stores rather than celebrities Ant and Dec who previously fronted its seasonal adverts.

Good to see that they are going to stop paying those two plebs. They won't be able to  annoy everyone between programmes anymore.

Adverts were much better 20 years ago,and much shorter and much less,as I found out the other night from a movie recorded back in the early 90`s.

Adverts and TV in general now is for sheep.

Adverts were much better 20 years ago,and much shorter and much less,as I found out the other night from a movie recorded back in the early 90`s.

Adverts and TV in general now is for sheep.

When wispa bars were a nice size, and not taken over by 'Kraft' *a-hem*

Actually saw a few of the Christmas ads, agreed, they are long enough to make a cuppa, feed the cat and eat half your dinner. What a waste of money.

ALL Christmas ads from supermarkets and John Lewis. The John Lewis one is premiered like some long awaited Hollywood blockbuster, who gives a crap, it's just an ad.

• Like 1

The sofa add ,will someone shoot that bloody sloth ....

I don't hate it but the John Lewis one leaves me a bit lacking. Some of the dodgy spoofs online maybe point to the floors in the whole idea of it. Previous ones have been so much better

I think Supermarket ads are silly at Christmas, a bit like 'Holidays are coming' with coca cola. 

I am bit traditional, I wish i had a lovely open fire with the surround all decorated, lovely tree and a cosy atmosphere, but even if tesco did an Ad like that we would still shop at our closest supermarket (not a tesco), because one it's closer and two hubs not a fan of tesco. The only ad that make me want to go there is M&S, but I wouldn't personally do a full shop there.

what i am saying if we are hammered all year with these 'supermarket' ads, I think we all know what one is by now, and where we like to shop.   

I'm sorry, but any Xmas ad with snow is just completely inappropriate, especially with the weather as it is at the moment. Lets be honest, if they were realistic they'd be better showing scenes of mild, windy and wet weather because that's far more likely to be what we get on the day.

Bah humbug.

P.S. Do the Xmas ads in the southern hemisphere show the same snowy scenes, or family BBQ scenes?

The JL one is the poorest in a few years. I wasvunmoved, as it seems a lot of people were.

Because it's frozen, Susie from Sunderland can enjoy Smoked Salmon(ella) from the sewers of Scotland :wallbash:

Because it's frozen, Daniel from Dunstable can enjoy dumplings from the dumps of Dundee :wallbash:

Iceland trying to sound all classy yet they have Pete Andre fronting their advertising campaign :rofl: Have you ever tried complaining to these clowns, they have a good way of dealing with them, they ignore them and ask if you would like to leave a compliment instead :rofl:

ASDA'S Christmas ad gets on my udders too. I have to switch over or mute it because of the annoying sound track. :aggressive: Thankfully Morrisions has dumped Ant and D**K :good:

Edited by lassie23

Asda and Morrisons make fools of their own staff, be it seen in fun. I would be highly embarrassed to be smacking my ass wearing a santa hat while saying 'that's an asda Christmas'

I think it is safe to say I'd rather watch the Queens speech than 10minutes of these boring and often stupid ads. 

House Of Fraser ad, all that over the top dancing that doesn't quite go with the music makes them all look like they are having some sort of fit. It is as pretentious as the shop they are advertising. :D

awww you can't have Christmas without snow. Going to toys R US just isn't the same.

'oh how did this get here' *a-hem*

I know it's 2014 but I think it's not that different this year.

Edited by Dami

Theres a mountain of money set aside by the banks yet you have still done nothing about it..... The guy looks suicidial in that Gladstone Brookes ad.

This one but I`ve only just seen it for the first time.

Wow get your kids used to microchips because this is the world which is coming, everyone microchipped

all nationwide ads are just awful

Who remembers this nightmare from a decade ago?

Can hear the sound of Frosties hitting my plate?!

Dilly dilly ad for Bud Light. The beer is like water too!

Go compare of course.

But not when these came out.