Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

looking like my earlier rant regarding summer being over could well be .... slighty... misplaced!

a-hem...

Agreed- I was thinking of some of your earlier posts when scanning the synoptic outputs and the increasingly strong signal for high pressure building to the E and NE after this weekend's thundery breakdown- that sort of setup bringing a strong continental influence can be quite hard to shift once it gets into place.

But indeed, as you say, it hasn't happened yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

I'm still called a 32C on Friday, the BBC/Metoffice have 30C forecast widely, especially in London, and the counties just north and west of there (Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire etc). Even places further north like Nottingham, Derby and Lincoln are forecast to reach 29C. I think the GFS is undercooking the temperatures a tad.

Saturday could also see a 30C, but is very depended on factors that the models can't forecast, so little point debating that.

Again the models suggest temperatures touching 30C, the 12C isotherm is certainly enough in a slack flow off the continent. What the GFS/UKMO and GEM show this afternoon are very rare synoptics for the UK where near enough the entire UK would be bathed in glorious sunshine and temperatures widely into the mid/high twenties. For summer it doesn't get much better than that. Shame it isn't a week later as I am on holiday then.....

We all know it will go balls up from the 25th  :rofl:

31.9C at Writtle. 

Bookmark this post. :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

id be surprised if 30c WASNT reached, could somewhere top 33? which i believe is 90f...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

id be surprised if 30c WASNT reached, could somewhere top 33? which i believe is 90f...

Well the not keen GFS, is now keen

Posted Image

30C looks widespread and could be a couple of degrees higher in places. The GFS continues to creep west with each run allowing slightly higher temperatures to build.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Is there a possibility that the record for the highest temperature

in the uk could be broken ?

C.s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Is there a possibility that the record for the highest temperaturein the uk could be broken ?C.s

No.

Posted

No.

Thanks for that, I have learnt a great deal....... C.s
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

With a lot of 'Summery' weather possible on the models in the next few days or so (especially with that heatwave and thundery breakdown for the rest of this week), I suspect we'll being seeing a lot of this type of activity occuring on our British/Irish beaches...  :wink:  

post-10703-0-10953000-1405550558_thumb.p

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thanks for that, I have learnt a great deal....... C.s

As much as id like to see it broken but I don't know what else there is to add! Lol. 31 maybe 32c will be our max for now. Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

As much as id like to see it broken but I don't know what else there is to add! Lol. 31 maybe 32c will be our max for now.

fair enough please accept my apologies did not meen to be soblunt, but just for fun I will go for somewhere to reach 34cc.s

Posted

fair enough please accept my apologies did not meen to be soblunt, but just for fun I will go for somewhere to reach 34cc.s

Indeed would love to see it especially as I'm in London on Friday so will get the full experience! Will probably be about 40c on the tune anyway. Lol

Posted

this post wont be popular.... nowt new there then lol

i love the humidity! i dont mind the sweat, heat, it beats getting rained on.it was said why isnt 22c enough, why 30c?

well ive loved working in 22c... but its fresher... now thats pleasant enough indeed!but with daily maxs of 22 c , the evening is more likelly to be chilly. now ive given an account of why i like daytime summer heat. now its not only the daytime i like heat. if we get 30c, its more likely to be humid, high humidity makes the evening in the garden pleasant to be outdoors in, it really hightens the scents from scented plants, and i can go in the pool in the dark (illuminated by solar lights). this is something i/we enjoy and is a very rare event.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

i love the humidity! i dont mind the sweat, heat, it beats getting rained on.it was said why isnt 22c enough, why 30c?

well ive loved working in 22c... but its fresher... now thats pleasant enough indeed!but with daily maxs of 22 c , the evening is more likelly to be chilly. now ive given an account of why i like daytime summer heat. now its not only the daytime i like heat. if we get 30c, its more likely to be humid, high humidity makes the evening in the garden pleasant to be outdoors in, it really hightens the scents from scented plants, and i can go in the pool in the dark (illuminated by solar lights). this is something i/we enjoy and is a very rare event.

The hotter the better for me too. I love sitting outside of an evening but invariably some sort of cardi or jumper is needed, I'm looking forward to the 'heatwave' 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It's at times like these that I wish I had a nicer car to go for a drive, well I will be on a journey Friday evening down to south Essex, just a Kia doesn't do it justice :p

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I think the storms will move more west for Friday and Saturday. I have a feeling in my bones, :fool:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

And spare a thought for the elderly, who are perhaps not very well, stuck in a small flat with no AC.

Yes, spare a thought for them in winter too when everyone wants -10C and blizzards!
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I think the storms will move more west for Friday and Saturday. I have a feeling in my bones, :fool:

I certainly hope that's the case.

Posted

Kinda gutted with this setup, I've been waiting years for a proper plume to hit, unfortunately i'm driving down to Spain tomorrow, looks as though i'll just miss all the action in the UK and France.

Oh well, hopefully everyone will get a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There are indeed many trade-offs relating to evening temperatures- regimes with comfortable afternoon temperatures and overnight minima can result in evenings that are a bit on the cool side, while up to a point, some discomfort with high afternoon maxima and/or overnight minima can be offset by pleasant evenings.  I think this applies to most of us although the precise temperature ranges will vary according to the individual- from my perspective maxima in the low 20s tend to be ideal for afternoon comfort, but if evenings are the priority then maxima in the mid to high 20s are often better.

Regional variation is also important, for it generally gets hotter around London than elsewhere, and hotter in urban areas (especially by night) than in rural and suburban areas.  I expect that average public opinion of the upcoming hot weather will be far more favourable in Scotland, Ireland and northern England than it will be in central London.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

i love the humidity! i dont mind the sweat, heat, it beats getting rained on.

it was said why isnt 22c enough, why 30c?

well ive loved working in 22c... but its fresher... now thats pleasant enough indeed!

but with daily maxs of 22 c , the evening is more likelly to be chilly. now ive given an account of why i like daytime summer heat. now its not only the daytime i like heat. if we get 30c, its more likely to be humid, high humidity makes the evening in the garden pleasant to be outdoors in, it really hightens the scents from scented plants, and i can go in the pool in the dark (illuminated by solar lights). this is something i/we enjoy and is a very rare event.

"...and i can go in the pool..." Posted Image

Nobody needs to apologise for what they like. Any kind of interesting weather is good for me. Speaking of which (and back on topic), the recent runs seem to be shifting the main thunderstorm action westwards which is a shame for me, but I guess it'll come down to radar watching anyway.

Posted

Yes, spare a thought for them in winter too when everyone wants -10C and blizzards!

exactly! no one thinks about that when they want blizzards, ill not feel guilty for enjoying something nature throws at us. i mean, its not as if me wanting it makes it happen! lol

• Like 1

Posted

I also like night-time heat, since I can sleep perfectly fine, even if the night-time low is 25C with no AC. It's just nice to be able to sit in the back garden at like 21:30 watching the sky become darker and darker and not need a jumper or a fire to keep warm.

In the summer months, I would rather be drenched in my own sweat, rather than ending up soaked in freezing Atlantic rubbish. This heat wave will be a very welcome spell of hot weather indeed.

fully agree.... esp sleeping. i too have no problem, thats solved by consuming alcohol. lol.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

exactly! no one thinks about that when they want blizzards, ill not feel guilty for enjoying something nature throws at us. i mean, its not as if me wanting it makes it happen! lol

And I'll not feel guilty the next time the weather decides to throw a very cold spell our way in winter, after all it's not like the weather does what I wish for!As for this hot spell, bring it on, especially if it leads to seeing some storms, they'll make the uncomfortable sleeping in a 30c room a little more bearable, well that and the fan blowing on me all night long!
  • Like 1