Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 31/03/14 onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

ECM out to t168 now and it too shows a warm and humid start to next week possibly very warm in the east at times with some thunderstorms given the set up could be some cracking storms if the models stay like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

ECM out to t168 now and it too shows a warm and humid start to next week possibly very warm in the east at times

Yes ,but in these synoptics plenty of potential for heavy thundery rain.....

Posted

My word ecm is just as good as gfs and ukmo for very warm and humid temps next week!!but its a right thundery mess!!I really do think if the models stay the way they are then theres gona be some spectacular thunderstorms!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

^^^

The upcoming warm spell may throw up some storms Friday and Saturday evenings for the south. The GEFS have been highlighting this for some runs and now looking more likely:

post-14819-0-84596500-1400094547_thumb.p  post-14819-0-46550200-1400094556_thumb.p

As well as a very unsettled spell for 5-6 days from the 19th:

post-14819-0-64214700-1400094486_thumb.g  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Certainly nothing cold to come looking at the current models so the remarkable run of above average temperatures that began right back in December is set to continue. So the next 10 days can be best described as dry and warm, becoming unsettled but staying warm.

• Like 4

Posted

As has been noted the position of the low next week is crucial. At the end of the run the ECM has the very warm Scandinavian air taking a peep.

post-12275-0-21740900-1400094997_thumb.p

post-12275-0-30134900-1400095013_thumb.p

post-12275-0-56209900-1400095020_thumb.p

post-12275-0-77713500-1400095027_thumb.p

post-12275-0-38668300-1400095035_thumb.p

post-12275-0-61361900-1400095045_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted

Can I just query, perhaps to those who know more than me, how high the temps that the ECM and gfs are indicating would be at surface level. Uppers are one thing, but at this time of year the levels do sun are important and if it's cloudy and often wet, will the temps be all that great?

Posted

Looks like the Uk will be on the boundary between warm and cold air. This is not a "plume" scenario for the uk, over on the continent may well have the fireworks. Don't be surprised as the warm air near the reliable time frame gets shunted further east and we are left in just cool Atlantic air. I hope Im wrong... :nonono:  :nonono::rofl:

post-6830-0-25168600-1400095946_thumb.pn

post-6830-0-68626400-1400095994_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

it'll impact them but am not sure to how much i think some have storm tinted glasses on at the moment it's got 5 days to go so may be different nearer the time unless it's thunder then its a nailed on certainty according to some

Edited by Polar Maritime
Once again, Please stick to Model Discussion thanks.
  • Like 2

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

well looking  at that we  can forget any nice weather  for the next  bank holiday!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

it'll impact them but am not sure to how much i think some have storm tinted glasses on at the moment it's got 5 days to go so may be different nearer the time unless it's thunder then its a nailed on certainty according to some

read what John Holmes says

he bases his statments more on facts and a little less on hope

not that I'm having a go at anybody even though some will see it that way

It may be different nearer the time - but that is always the case. People are just discussing what the models are currently or have been showing - and GFS in any case has been consistent with thunder potential next week.

I think your post may be the result of your hatred for storms rather than anything else.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just a quick reminder......this thread is for model discussion, nothing more, nothing less....If one's posts contain material based of what the current model output is showing then it's good to go.....if not, then it belongs elsewhere on the forum...thanks :good:

• Like 4

Posted

Certainly nothing cold to come looking at the current models so the remarkable run of above average temperatures that began right back in December is set to continue. So the next 10 days can be best described as dry and warm, becoming unsettled but staying warm.

The run of above average temperatures has been going since last July. Never known anything like it.

Posted

Can I just query, perhaps to those who know more than me, how high the temps that the ECM and gfs are indicating would be at surface level. Uppers are one thing, but at this time of year the levels do sun are important and if it's cloudy and often wet, will the temps be all that great?

If it's not cloudy if you take the 850mb temp down the DALR you won't be far off. Obviously if cloudy it will be lower, not least because you might get an inversion spoiling the party.

Edited by knocker

Posted

The run of above average temperatures has been going since last July. Never known anything like it.

Hi.Can you please put youre thoughts in the suitable threads Thank You!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

well looking  at that we  can forget any nice weather  for the next  bank holiday!!!

No worries, we still can't fathom next Monday, let alone 5/6 days later :)

Still all output wants to try and let low pressure escape next week from its prison near the Bay of Biscay. Still think either a cut off low or perhaps further pulses of warm air could still happen and bring something warmer and drier perhaps.

One last thing, had a look at the Netweather long range forecast, interesting read and it looks like our summer pattern could be setting up next week. Again possible signs that persistent and repeating ridges in one area of the northern hemisphere. This time being Scandinavia with low heights to the south west of the UK. Interesting.......

• Like 1

Posted

No worries, we still can't fathom next Monday, let alone 5/6 days later :)Still all output wants to try and let low pressure escape next week from its prison near the Bay of Biscay. Still think either a cut off low or perhaps further pulses of warm air could still happen and bring something warmer and drier perhaps. One last thing, had a look at the Netweather long range forecast, interesting read and it looks like our summer pattern could be setting up next week. Again possible signs that persistent and repeating ridges in one area of the northern hemisphere. This time being Scandinavia with low heights to the south west of the UK. Interesting.......

could mean plumes galore and hot temperatures!!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

This might be pushing it, but we may well possibly tap into them 15c uppers. I've been watching this trend westwards. Not often we see this happen in plume set ups. The Southerly tracking jet like we had in the cursed 2007-12 is redundant. Steering winds look different. I think we may be surprised in this next week.

Of course I could be very wrong! I've got a good feeling about this though. By now, normally the eastward trend would have already been modelled..

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

This might be pushing it, but we may well possibly tap into them 15c uppers. I've been watching this trend westwards. Not often we see this happen in plume set ups. The Southerly tracking jet like we had in the cursed 2007-12 is redundant. Steering winds look different. I think we may be surprised in this next week.Of course I could be very wrong! I've got a good feeling about this though. By now, normally the eastward trend would have already been modelled..

Possibly, but to be honest I seem to find around 2 days before is the point when the gradual push east in the pressure pattern (and any associated fronts) begins for this type of set-up. I am not saying it will happen this time,but if I was to place a bet now... :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Possibly, but to be honest I seem to find around 2 days before is the point when the gradual push east in the pressure pattern (and any associated fronts) begins for this type of set-up. I am not saying it will happen this time,but if I was to place a bet now... :rolleyes:

This is one of the first times in a fair number of years since we've seen a proper cut off low though without the influence of a southerly tracking jet pushing the juice eastwards albeit, it isn't nailed down yet!!!. I remember in 2004 a setup like this at the end of July produced some real good night storms that came from the SE. I think we could see something very similar. Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Probably not for the start of the week as the formation of the trough has been slowly edging west. Just a question of whether the warm air can hang on into next week.

On the other hand when the low get ejected back into the jetstream, then it will probably go balls up :p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Please can we stick to Model Discussion only. There are plenty of other threads for other topics.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Posted

But will it get ejected into the jet stream? It all has a touch of the knife edge about it. Place your bets.

post-12275-0-28497300-1400101151_thumb.p

post-12275-0-40389500-1400101161_thumb.p

post-12275-0-88210000-1400101174_thumb.p

post-12275-0-61145800-1400101182_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted

Probably not for the start of the week as the formation of the trough has been slowly edging west. Just a question of whether the warm air can hang on into next week.

On the other hand when the low get ejected back into the jetstream, then it will probably go balls up :p

Meteorologically that is highly unlikely