Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Anyone not seen a flake of snow this season?

Posted

No ice days this winter, but this isn't too unusual..

However, only one morning with snow cover and it was a very light dusting on the 1 February.

Only one day when snow settled to any depth on the 31st Jan, 2 cms of slushy stuff which quickly thawed during the evening.

Apart from the woeful lack of snow, the other notable factor has been the lack of frost. We have seen more air frosts this March than the whole of Dec-Feb.

I guess it was only a matter of time we experienced another preety snowless frostless but very wet stormy winter.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not a single flake, here. I think that's the first time I can ever remember.

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing at all here. Last week there was a slight hint of splodginess on the windscreen but not a flake could be seen; that's as good as it got. Can't remember this happening before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Saw what looked like about 2-3 minutes of sleet a few weeks ago, and apart from getting to the car one morning and finding a few wet flakes on the screen at the start of winter it has been a pretty cold free winter, think the frosts had can be counted on one hand as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Probably close to 100 ice days for the season now also been a relatively snowy winter too boot...still snowing as i write this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I managed two days with sleet/snow falling, with sleet and snow showers on the evening of the 11th February and some sleet mixed with rain early on the 12th.  There was a slight dusting on the ground late on the 11th but this was washed away overnight.  There was also a bit of sleet mixed with rain here on the 20th November.

Since I began recording the weather in 1993, this is the first winter quarter that I have experienced which produced no Met Office snow days (>50% snow cover at 0900).  Unless April or May produce any mornings with lying snow (which is looking unlikely at present) it will probably be my first ever winter half-year without any snow days, since I was living up in Tyneside during the winters of 1987/88 through to 1991/92 and each of those seasons produced at least one cold snap with widespread lying snow in that area of the country- end of February 1988, 20 November 1988, 1 March 1990, 20 December 1991, and I have vague "photographic memory" type recollections of a deep snow cover in February 1991.

However that chilly westerly on the 11th/12th February saved me from failing to see a single flake this season.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted

Well, I've seen not seen any falling snow this Winter/Spring, just a bit of sleety hail last week and I don't recall this ever happening before.  At least Winter 2014/15 really can't be any worse in this respect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Nothing and I think even in the generally mild winters of the 1990s and 2000s  I saw some snow at 4am under a lamp post

Well, I've seen not seen any falling snow this Winter/Spring, just a bit of sleety hail last week and I don't recall this ever happening before.  At least Winter 2014/15 really can't be any worse in this respect.

Will we see a sub 3c CET again , I'm just waiting for the thread 

• Like 1