Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Steady rain falling now... We have an abundance of snails invading the garden path.

that is some rain then *good luck* :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.
that is some rain then *good luck* :)[/quote Might be a crunchy walk down the garden path to the car early in the morning /-: . Night Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Its been a lovely day here in Ippy. Sunny and warm with blue sky and a nice breeze near the river. :)I still have good hopes for plenty of storminess later in the year.Stunning photos and videos posted earlier. I particularly like the electricity pylons with sunrise. I LOVE pylons. I'm odd, I know. :D

Yes, I agree with the pylons, but I think they need to be the centre of attention and fade into the distance, with a nice sunrise or sunset to backlight them.:)

I hate telegraph pole lines with a passion, especially as they are so hard to avoid, when photographing photogenic buildings in our neck of the woods. :(

To keep the conversation slightly weather related, it's warm and muggy here, with very light rain - I'd estimate the temperature as 12 or 13C still. :)

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Hi all still away to sunday

Tomorrow

Dry am with some poss thundery showers pm

Friday

Sun and poss h showers

Saturday

Wet and windy

Sunday

At present may be dry

Temps not cold but not overwarm either

Hope that helps

John

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all, not to bad out there today, looked liked it rain out there last night, would say about 70% cloud cover! which appears to be slowly decreasing so hopefully a nice day.

Off to Milton Keynes today, not sure why but agreed to go to an official opening of a suppliers factory today, apparently I'm a VIP, told the wife and she laughed :-(, we even got nibbles laid on. Oh well I suppose it will make a change from work. Have a good day everyone, I must admit I'm not certain about mine today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning,  ^ couldn't agree more 

It was cloudy to start here, but blue sky is appearing now so it should be another decent day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Morning all!Went in the mod thread this morning and once again people chasing cold.. Why on earth? I understand in winter and spring but come on.. We are in May next week.. A cold blip now would be disastrous for our fruit! My apple trees are covered in blossom and the bees are getting to work.. Some people I don't feel look at the bigger picture.. Would you rather have 1-2 frosts or potentially have a huge impact on our fruit industry and even the small honey industry etc.. We need warmth and sun after the winter we have had!!

They're mad....mad....madder than 'Mad Jack' McMad, winner of last year's 'Mr Mad Man' competition.....lol......(apologies for stealing one of BlackAdder's best lines)

joking aside, now is the time for the 'Hunt for Hot' with copious quantities of storms, Mind you, the outputs do show the risk of some rather unseasonably cold weather for many parts of the UK

• Like 4

Posted

Sun has broken through the clouds here now making the office rather warm, although the sky has a balance of blue sky and cloud, so it could go either way; definitely feeling humid.

Too late for chasing cold now, I agree, although still struggling to come to terms with a snowflake-less winter, but as soon as there is a hot sunny day I'm there dreaming of summer. If I get desperate, I still have a number of links to snowier climes and take a quick gander to see how they're getting on: http://longyearbyen.livecam360.com/flash/main.php.

Good luck being a VIP CK :hi: , have a good day those of you who are less important :clap:

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Agreed! It's time to put winter to bed once and for all, it's nearly summer and not one cold spell that was predicted arrived during the winter months. Not much chance of this happening as we approach May. It's been a year now since I last saw snow. We do look like moving into a cool unsettled spell this week, but no SNOW and there won't be until next winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

hi all totally agree about the cold - i'm quite a hardened snow lover but also a keen gardener so all im interested in now is when can i put the veg out!

Some interest tomorrow with nmm modelling some decent CAPE / LI values for inland parts of East anglia/SE eng and e mids friday afternoon.  Lets see if we can get lucky :)

post-15445-0-02591600-1398335680_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

That mucked up my nice VIP day out, accident on the M1 which shut it north bound for 21/2 hours, so it only took me 31/2 to do a journey fro dirty Dartford to junction 9 of the M1 and back to horrible Harlow, where im now stuck, thinking what have I got to do, hate that normally got my whole planned out. Oh, I feel sorry for those involved and off course my adoring fans :-) whose wait will be in vain. Perhaps being a VIP might have gone to my head.

Can confirm there's weather about today, looked some spectacular sky scapes as I was seat stationery, fairly warm and not to be bad.

Posted

Bright and warm out today. Sun is trying its hardest to break through the cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Been a mixed bag really here. Started off sunny, then it went cloudy (and even looked a bit thundery at one point) now it's sunny and warm again at 12c ish.

Why on Earth do the mad thread lot want cold weather now for goodness sake. I want warm days with a touch of humidity and plenty of T&L. :) Bring it on I say.

Have a good day folks. :)

• Like 4

Posted

Afternoon all

turned out to be quite a nice day here in the end, warm at 16.7oC right now, no rain and some long sunny spells thrown in for good measure.

Agree regards anyone in the UK wanting anything wintry now, it is time to press on for warmer conditions as the growing/breeding season is in full swing now a cold snap would be nothing but a disaster.

• Like 3

Posted

Afternoon all. :)

Quite muggy here and it looks like there might be thundery showers tomorrow for some of us. Some first thing in the morning and then further showers developing in the heat of the day.

Here is a CAPE chart for 4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon from the NMM model.

post-11059-0-65694800-1398355009_thumb.p

I totally agree with the sentiments expressed here regarding late frost and I'd actually go further. People who want a hard frost in this time of rapid growth are at best thoughtless and at worst anti-social imho. It can really damage people's livelihoods, as well as nice gardens. I guess a few on a weather forum wouldn't appreciate those sentiments, but that's too bad. I get fed up with people looking forward to, or hunting for, that sort of nonsense, frankly. Yes, whatever will be will be, with the weather, but it doesn't mean we should wish it to happen. 

• Like 5

Posted

Aternoon, today felt like the warmest day of the year 18c - still not reached 20c. Fairly unusual.

This frost malarkey is largely OTT... Yes if will get chilly. But below freezing is out the question, except from north of the border, a light frost does no disaster? Farmers have GM crops which are resistant to frosts. Cooler nights will be a relief, I've been sweltering in my bed. People are by no means searching for cold, the reality is the charts show this, accept it and move on.

Tomorrow looks promising for something to "kick off" âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸ As Steve C alluded CAPE is decent over SE/EA ^

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Aternoon, today felt like the warmest day of the year 18c - still not reached 20c. Fairly unusual.This frost malarkey is largely OTT... Yes if will get chilly. But below freezing is out the question, except from north of the border, a light frost does no disaster? Farmers have GM crops which are resistant to frosts. Cooler nights will be a relief, I've been sweltering in my bed. People are by no means searching for cold, the reality is the charts show this, accept it and move on.Tomorrow looks promising for something to "kick off" âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸ As Steve C alluded CAPE is decent over SE/EA ^

Yes, I've just been looking at the GFS update and this is about as cold as it shows around the turn of the month. This wouldn't be a big deal. :)

post-11059-0-21583900-1398357498_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

Bright sunny skies now, and feels very warm outside. Beer garden weather is almost here :-D

Nooooo cold or frost now please. I can wait until late October for that thanks.

Just read through my posts from last night. I completely misread your post Daniel*, if I offended you in anyway I apologies. Ive just bought you a virtual beer (-;

• Like 1

Posted

Bright sunny skies now, and feels very warm outside. Beer garden weather is almost here :-DNooooo cold or frost now please. I can wait until late October for that thanks.Just read through my posts from last night. I completely misread your post Daniel*, if I offended you in anyway I apologies. Ive just bought you a virtual beer (-;

:drunk: lol I must be drunk, just hit the post button, not intentionally. I did thought the reply yesterday was odd, no harm caused :) all these edits are puzzling there is a potent cell Normandy way, will it survive the crossing.... SW peeps watch out! Edited by Daniel*

Posted

:drunk: lol I must be drunk, just hit the post button, not intentionally.

To late fella. I just drunk it.... You took to long to reply haha

Posted

Tomorrows forecast is still looking like having potential energy for T&L for some.

• Like 1