Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, the sun came out eventually by mid-afternoon. Quite pleasant. 

Thanks for the kind words. The speech was rather low key but there were hints at wanting to expand our side of the business so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

might call it an early night

Posted

How strange i posted a post and it's no where to be seen? The clouds appeard ominous, but produced nought. Looking foward to Friday evening :D - another mild murky day in south east london. Unbelievably IMHO a Atlantic onslaught would be welcome, a refreshing westerly airflow would be just the right tonic. Each to their own.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all. :hi:

Maximum temperature here yesterday 14.9c, minimum 9.6c

It was mostly cloudy.

How boring it might be if we just talked about the weather here eh ?!

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all, lovely morning, although I think it might be cool out, as condensation on inside of windows, which is normally a sign. Interviewing today, for what could be a key position within the company, hope to hear good news today of a nice order, which will make this position viable, also we are about to take on another engineer, so things are booming, in Harlow. Got to get in early for the interview so no time today for any dribble from me, but just like to wish you all a happy St. George's day, go out and enjoy it, Dartford is being patriotic and got the flags out, think if I get the time then I will celebrate with a nice pint of bitter tonight. Have a great day everyone and don't sleigh to many dragons :-)

On this day-

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Cecil Rhodes

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all. Nice bright start here. Looks like a pleasant day

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all

The traffic news spoke this morning of the M25 being closed between Reigate and Leatherhead so I went across country from Reigate, up past Betchworth through pockets of mist in the hollows, out into low hazed sunlight, curving up the surprisingly steep road skirting the north east of Box Hill, around sharp bends of early season gentle greens and across Headley Heath with its Highland Cattle and its tiny cricket ground.  It was all I could do to keep driving and not just turn off, park up on the Heath and watch the mist melt away.  Then on past Headley Court where so many military folk are cared for and rehabilitated and then, unfortunately, back on to the concrete of the M25 which clockwise was almost deserted and just for a few miles it felt like motoring must have done in the early 60s.

And now a day full of meetings.....

Have a good one.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 6

Posted

BJ Dartford is decorated for St George's day, load of flags throughout what's left of the high street. Really enjoyed Monday results as there's a lot of rivalry between the two clubs. Lovely day in horrible Harlow, but just off to Hatfield so let's hope the weather stays fair for my 15 mile cross country journey. Interview was interesting nice to meet someone young and technical, passed my question with flying colours.

Posted

So near CK. So near and yet so far.  Look to the north when you reach Hatfield.  I'm giving you a wave. :)

Intermittant sunny spells and grey bits.  Currently greyish at the moment but warm enough. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Afternoon one and all

Happy St Georges day everyone let it be enjoyed.... Where is our bank holiday that is what i want to know. We have the lowest level of bank holidays in the whole of Europe!!!! lovely excuse to sit in the pub and drink beer

oh well back to the credit control mundaneness of the day.

Oh and if i can get a footie quote well done Chelsea boys last night

Weatherwise changeable here in Sutton cloudy breaking but more cloud than blue sky

• Like 2

Posted

Good morning folks and I hope you are all well. :hi:

Current temperature 14.4c. Overnight minimum was 10.0c. Quite cloudy this morning but the sun has finally broken through. That's the weather dealt with then.

For what it's worth I really enjoy reading the various daily ramblings, poetry and photo's posted in this forum. I recently bought a new laptop and in the changeover I have  mislaid some of my photo's but I did manage to find some old video of a snowstorm from about 4 years ago.

Yep, that was taken from my front door.

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

From www.theweatheroutlook.com 22nd April Written by Brian Gaze

Unfortunately the outlook isn’t great at the moment.  Yet again it seems like we’re in a period when the weather pattern across the North Atlantic region and western Europe becomes more blocked. This brings increased potential for the weather to deviate away from average temperatures and precipitation amounts.

Blocked patterns seem to have become increasingly common in the last 5 or so years in our part of the world and I’ve not seen a definitive explanation for why this should be. Suggestions include changes in solar activity, arctic sea ice extent, and North Atlantic Sea Surface Temperature (SST) anomalies. They may all have a part to play but I’ll leave it to others to argue about the underlying causes because I’m more interested in what it means for the weather we experience in the UK.

By this weekend there’s good agreement for pressure to build strongly over Greenland with low pressure spinning up near the UK, bringing a spell of cool and unsettled weather. :(

We are entering a spell of very quiet solar activity, let's see if North Atlantic Blocking increases and holds! Shame it isn't winter, could have had SNOW! :(

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi all

Happy st georges day

Went to bury today and plenty of flags out

Stayed dry but clouding over now

Back to updatng sunday night

Best to all

John

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Another OK day here, stayed dry thus far, not as sunny this afternoon as the bright morning was but quite mild.

hope your all having a good day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

From www.theweatheroutlook.com 22nd April Written by Brian Gaze

Unfortunately the outlook isn’t great at the moment.  Yet again it seems like we’re in a period when the weather pattern across the North Atlantic region and western Europe becomes more blocked. This brings increased potential for the weather to deviate away from average temperatures and precipitation amounts.

Blocked patterns seem to have become increasingly common in the last 5 or so years in our part of the world and I’ve not seen a definitive explanation for why this should be. Suggestions include changes in solar activity, arctic sea ice extent, and North Atlantic Sea Surface Temperature (SST) anomalies. They may all have a part to play but I’ll leave it to others to argue about the underlying causes because I’m more interested in what it means for the weather we experience in the UK.

By this weekend there’s good agreement for pressure to build strongly over Greenland with low pressure spinning up near the UK, bringing a spell of cool and unsettled weather. :(

We are entering a spell of very quiet solar activity, let's see if North Atlantic Blocking increases and holds! Shame it isn't winter, could have had SNOW! :(

In my opinion, I don't mind an unsettled spell in mid Spring. The watered soil will make everything very green soon afterwards, at the best time of year for greenery. :)

What I'd really not like now would be a sharp frost (temperatures <= -3C or so overnight) which would damage crops, or the generally unsettled time to outlast its welcome, as it did a couple of years ago and ruin a lot of the summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hi all.....

Nice day here today. Started off really nice with bright sun and clear blue skies. It clouded over as the day has gone on, but has always stayed bright and warm.

Great pics bjaykent.

Off out for my nightly run soon, I wonder how many gnat bites I will get tonight )-;

On that note..... Does anyone know of any good repellant you can rub into your skin to stop the bites? Sensible answers only..... Haha

• Like 1

Posted

In my opinion, I don't mind an unsettled spell in mid Spring. The watered soil will make everything very green soon afterwards, at the best time of year for greenery. :)

What I'd really not like now would be a sharp frost (temperatures <= -3C or so overnight) which would damage crops, or the generally unsettled time to outlast its welcome, as it did a couple of years ago and ruin a lot of the summer.

No point worrying at the moment, the models are placing low heights all over the place. Interesting to see one model delaying any cold weather until the end of next week whilst others bring it in by next Monday. Confidence is very low.

Decent day today though the cloud has kind of spread out a bit leaving mostly cloudy skies. Still rather warm though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Agreed! The gardens could do with a natural watering this time of year and frosts would damage everything. I think it was northern blocking that ruined the summer you mention. Let's hope it goes and comes back in the winter, so we can actually get some more seasonal weather next winter, instead of non stop storms!

• Like 2

Posted

Evening All. :)

I think I've run out of likes :p Not nice out there, overcast and dismal bluhh :o Rather warm 12.8c the mildness marches on - blimey the week goes incredibly fast. Slow down âš ï¸

Have a nice evening... BB nice footage. Brings back pleasant memories.

• Like 2

Posted

100% cloud cover and light rain here now.

Posted

Evening All. :)I think I've run out of likes :p Not nice out there, overcast and dismal bluhh :o Rather warm 12.8c the mildness marches on - blimey the week goes incredibly fast. Slow down âš ï¸ Have a nice evening... BB nice footage. Brings back pleasant memories.

As you know. No one ever runs out of likes. The like is just ones appreciation for a post they relate to or are showing there appreciation for a great post. (Normally weather related) :-D This brings me onto my next thing about liking posts. I fully respect Pauls and the rest of the NW team hiding who likes posts, but it is good to see who likes your post. In busy times ie snow and adverse weather we can get in trouble for posting pointless or off topic posts, and what I feel will happen during these great times, is the threads will be diluted and the main flow of the thread will be interrupted by thank-you posts etc. I imagine hiding the like function has been disabled to stop any rivalry or point scoring in the mod thread, but in our friendly none hatred (and most popular SE and EA thread) does this really need to happen? After lurking and then being an active(ish) poster on here, we are a community and good cyber friends on here.Thanks, if this post seems out of line please delete. LD
  • Like 1

Posted

As you know. No one ever runs out of likes. The like is just ones appreciation for a post they relate to or are showing there appreciation for a great post. (Normally weather related) :-D This brings me onto my next thing about liking posts. I fully respect Pauls and the rest of the NW team hiding who likes posts, but it is good to see who likes your post. In busy times ie snow and adverse weather we can get in trouble for posting pointless or off topic posts, and what I feel will happen during these great times, is the threads will be diluted and the main flow of the thread will be interrupted by thank-you posts etc. I imagine hiding the like function has been disabled to stop any rivalry or point scoring in the mod thread, but in our friendly none hatred (and most popular SE and EA thread) does this really need to happen? After lurking and then being an active(ish) poster on here, we are a community and good cyber friends on here.Thanks, if this post seems out of line please delete. LD

They have been in abundance due to the great quality posts, I'm not easily pleased. This weather malarky is like a profession to some I love the passion :good:. Concerning the change, at first i was inclined that the implementation was a punishment. I do think the idea originated from the MOD thread - as we know it can get spicy in there. I have come to terms with the change. What Bothers me is that you need to have the hassle of checking someone's profile to see if they've been online. Some just skim through, and are too busy to post. Also there may be people that have grudges with you, but there is no way to identify. Fortunately you can't find out unless there is a bust up on this thread, which i hugely doubt :)