Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

First day back to work today after annual leave so I am feeling a mixture of Posted Image and panic at the amount of emails I have come back to Posted Image

Like others have said, it's great to see some of the old regulars back posting - you have been missed!

Tom and Tamara, loved the pictures you posted of the beauty of NW Kent.  The river at Eynsford has particular memories for me - mainly of Mr Raven driving his car through the river by The Plough pub.  Well, I say driving through - more killing the engine and then floating out the other side.  This was back in the early days of our relationship where I can only assume the silly sod was showing off - and wrote his car off in the process Posted Image

There was a slight frost on the car this morning and it's quite nippy out.  Well worth it though as it looks like we are in for another day of wall to wall sunshine - I just wish I was out enjoying it and not cooped up in the office!

Hi Leeanne,

Hope you are well, yes my first proper day back at work too, after taking some leave off last week, although I did work on Sunday but had a day off yesterday. Busy work schedule right over the Easter period, with horse racing being permitted for the first time on Good Friday. 

Yes, we managed to take some lovely photos of the area. Agree with you Leeanne, the Darent Valley area has always been a favourite of mine, ever since doing a walk on a Geography field trip from school. The walk along footpaths, mainly alongside the River Darent, from Eynsford to Otford, is a great way to spend a few hours relaxing, it's hard to believe it's so close to suburban towns such as Orpington/Bromley.

Many of my classmates were thoroughly bored with the field trip, whilst geeky "Geography Boy" here decided to bring along his Ordnance Survey map of the area. I spent most of the walk thinking about "Snow Chase" potential of the area but to this day have never managed to get out there, when its snowed.

Here's one more snow video from me, of an Otford snowfall, early December 2010.

Hello my friends,

Groggily back from having the flu. Twas bl**dy awful, but great for the figure!

The weather has been very obliging and after disgracing itself over winter has managed to be rather lovely.

Ground frost this morning. My little seedlings were shocked, but survived thankfully. Enjoy this lovely weather everyone Posted Image

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear you've been rough with flu but glad that you're recovering again now. Posted Image

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Splendid day here today, really nice warm sunshine and lots of people out and about enjoying the Easter holidays which is good...

post-10773-0-72061300-1397587751_thumb.j

Another chilly night and frosty morning tomorrow by the looks of it ....

post-10773-0-78854700-1397587812_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

not what I wanted to hear...

...permission to chuck a wobbly and full on foot stomping strop!

permission denied, strops belong in the model thread during a snowless winter only Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

permission denied, strops belong in the model thread during a snowless winter only Posted Image

WELL!!!!

(watch out for the teddies and dummies about to come flying your way!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

not what I wanted to hear...

...permission to chuck a wobbly and full on foot stomping strop!

Model output doesn't really suggest anything dramatically unsettled. More a complex and slack pattern with winds from an easterly quarter. Rain or showers at times with temperatures near average.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

WELL!!!!

(watch out for the teddies and dummies about to come flying your way!)

*brushed aside and ducked with ease* Posted Image

Posted

Model output doesn't really suggest anything dramatically unsettled. More a complex and slack pattern with winds from an easterly quarter. Rain or showers at times with temperatures near average.

must admit have been taking in the model output and rather hoping I was missing something that others may pick up on that sides with warmer and calmer/dryer for next month (still it is a way off yet).

Posted

:lol:

come what may I will enjoy me week off next month, what ever the weather (no firm plans for the week yet mind)

Posted

Posted Image

come what may I will enjoy me week off next month, what ever the weather (no firm plans for the week yet mind)

aye, fingers crossed it'll be gloriously sunny and warm.

• Like 1

Posted

Overnight is forecasted to be even more chillier then yesterday, quite cold for April standards. Below freezing in frost prone areas away from towns and cities. Once the sun makes a appearance it will warm up nicely. Chilly nights followed by pleasant spring sunshine, is on the agenda. Perfect Spring weather. Hope your all having a nice evening forumites :-)

post-19153-0-32239100-1397590999_thumb.j

Posted

This is one of the reasons I love looking at this thread.

We have some fun, some great analysis (the usual suspects) and rarely get upset.

Weather wise (staying on topic Posted Image ) been a lovely day in Weybridge, but cold at home out of the sun, mind you not that warm in the shade here.

Looking forward to a long weekend after a drive that you can guarantee will last an age as I go home on Thursday pm

Posted

This is one of the reasons I love looking at this thread.

We have some fun, some great analysis (the usual suspects) and rarely get upset.

And that gets an amen from me :)

feeling nippy out there now (just finished watching bang goes the theory (recorded) and put the rubbish out, feeling like another frost for the morning may be in the offing)

Posted

Hello all, from the sun-kissed Welsh Riviera (in a list of phrases I thought I would never use, that one comes first).

Yesterday was lovely but today has surpassed even that  - this afternoon we went to Penbryn, the tides are Spring at the moment so there's a massive tidal range, and by the time we arrived the sea had scarpered towards Cork leaving sands as far as the feet could walk under skies of brushed pale blue.  We had no props with us other than one small ball, found a spot that worked and then did what some would call nothing.  During this nothing we slowly absorbed the sun, heard and tried to second guess the roll of the waves as even the 17 year old went back in time, kicked a ball around with his younger brother, and the dog dug trenches, holes and caverns and then filled them in before starting all over.  As we left the tide had just started it's turn, heading in, not allowing us more than a few hours of uninterrupted beauty but always happy to let us back again after it's shown us who's boss.

Went to the local suppliers' weekly market in the village this morning, got chatting to a farmer, sells meat and veg, but sold us a bag of salad leaves, he let us try first, flowers mixed in, like nothing from a supermarket, spicy, raw and mysterious.  74p!

Another day of sun tomorrow, so we are told by local forecaster Derek.  We came here with no suncream and full of raincoats.  Looks like we got it wrong, twice! 

AS  

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 7

Posted

hi all

hope your well

tonight

cold and dry

----------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

an east-south east flow and will feel chilly

rain = none

cloud and sunny spells

temps

Posted Image

11-14 degrees

locally again may see a shade higher if you see prolonged sun

watch for cloud coastal regions which may tag the temp

------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a more south east flow so not as cold

rain = none

temps

Posted Image

frost unlikely

but watch for fog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a breezy north west flow

rainfall

it looks to stay dry but there is a chance that front from the north may produce some mid pm showers

moreso north of our region

looks like more cloud pm either way

temps

Posted Image

13-16 degrees

locally a 17 possible

wind chill we be noticeable today though

------------------------------------------------------------

thursday night

Posted Image

a northerly flow

looks cloudy so temps should stay up

Posted Image

no rain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

a weak northerly flow

east coasts will feel chilly in that

rain = none

Posted Image

between 10-14 degrees

sunny spells again

anyway thats it for now

back later

john

• Like 6

Posted

Beautiful out there! It's the best weather I've had on my birthday for YEARS. Vividly remember being on a caravan holiday somewhere in the SW when I was about 9 or 10 and it snowing so much we had to go out to argos to get some fan heaters to warm us all up!

Happy Birthday Team Jo, so pleased the weather played ball this year! Hope you have had a lovely day :) Edited by snow raven
  • Like 3

Posted

Got the storage heaters back on low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Could be some thundery rain to end the week!

• Like 1

Posted

fax charts are really late tonight

heres saturday

Posted Image

a breezy easterly flow

very early morning rain but

still looks dry during the day

temps

Posted Image

around 12-14 degrees

however east coasts may see lower values due to the flow of the wind and cloud

sunday to follow

Posted

sunday

Posted Image

a variable north east flow

warm front and low pressure to our east moving in

as perfect says looks potentially thundery

temps

Posted Image

probably be warmer than of late

however i will wait a couple of days before predicting this as i am not

convinced re this low track yet

Posted

12z ensembles for london from ecm

temps

Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

rain

Posted Image

seems reasonable agreement on being wet on the 20th

these are looking cold on the 20th but have a feeling these are too low

some breezy bits

disagreement on the 22nd so thats fi on these

thats my lot tonight

goodnight all Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, another clear start here with a slight frost. Have a great day everyone :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hello everyone! Hope you are all well ive not been on lately as i have been ill for the last 4 weeks starting with a stomach bug then a cold then full on flu where i couldnt get out of bed and tonsillitis finally followed up by another cold and ear infection! i now seem to be on the mend and on a brighter note ive had everything so i should be good for a while! Just aswell as we now have 3 little ducklings to raise. Anyway the weather has been lovely here managed to leave my bed sunday to lay in the garden :) was a tad chilly here last night but warming nicely x

Edited by hernebaylooby
  • Like 4

Posted

Top notch analysis there Tamara...I haven't checked the T500 charts yet, but if there's a nice cold pool aloft, then we woud see a natural steepening of lapse rates with a good chance a heavy showers/thunderstorms with any diurnal heating

• Like 3