Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

We do NOT want a white Easter, thanks very much. Although a warm, muggy and thundery one would be most welcome. The fiercer the better. Posted Image

A white Easter would be LOVELY, we have the entire summer for storms.Posted Image My cat looks exactly like your avatar, awwwwwwwwww!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

A white Easter would be LOVELY, we have the entire summer for storms.:give_rose: My cat looks exactly like your avatar, awwwwwwwwww!

That is my late, much loved boy, Oscar who I still miss very much. Bet your cat is lovely. :)
  • Like 3

Posted

That is my late, much loved boy, Oscar who I still miss very much. Bet your cat is lovely. Posted Image

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that.Posted Image What a cutie he wasPosted Image She is lovely, she tries to eat plants thoughPosted Image not normal. Do you have another cat? 14c cloudy, looks like rain.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

wednesday

Posted Image

high pressure and dry

weak westerly flow

thursday

Posted Image

still under high pressure

looks dry

chilly but weak north west flow

maybe showers thursday night

overall not bad Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Thanks for the forecasts JP :good:

as for the thoughts of a white easter, no thanks, rather no TA!.  Very much looking foraward to warm and spring like weather in the short term and summer being sooner than later also, fed up with cool/cold and wet and some regions are crying out for warm and dry now.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning everyone, a dull dreary day, in dismal depressing dirty Dartford, with drizzle falling and tell tale signs of raindrops on the window,when the curtains and blinds where drawn this morning. Can wholeheartedly agree with AS, the thought of getting away from that terrible invention of the mobile phone to a remote place must be absolutely wonderful, unfortunately for me I got to wait until July, then I told that my phone will be livened up for use aboard, apparently I am meant to happy at this thought. I'm not.

The pressure of present day living is unremitting, the emails, text, phone calls, oh how I wish for the good old days when I first started work, you wrote a letter and with luck you got a reply within a week, or if it was urgent you made a phone call, if the person wasn't there you left a message, if they where out of the office,with luck you might get a reply upon their return whenever that was. But today everything is instantaneous if you haven't replied within an hour your have failed in your responsibilities, is anything that important? Bring back the Luddites. Mind you I moan about it, but I will be catching up with my emails today, which mean I will be disturbing ever bodies weekend, so I am just as bad. I think my main worry is how far will this go, 40 years ago we had replies within a week, what will it be like in another 40 years? Mind you I will not be around to find out.

With regards to the forth nog Easter weather, it ain't worth worrying about, because whatever will be, will be, queue a song.

Now I have depressed everyone, I have one last thing to say, have a great Sunday and if you can enjoy it as much as I will be roast pork Sunday dinner. Have a good one.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 5

Posted

Mornin each. Oh dear...its raining here in Ippy. But I suppose it'll get rid of the last of the Sahara. :)

Rushed downstairs earlier still half asleep !convinced I heard knocking at the door......there was no one there. That'll teach me to run out of pills. :O I'm going mad, I tell you...MAD! Aaaaagh!!

Have a good day everyone. I am going to sit in a corner with me undies on me head and a pencil up each nostril. :D

• Like 2

Posted

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that.:( What a cutie he was:) She is lovely, she tries to eat plants though:cc_confused: not normal. Do you have another cat? 14c cloudy, looks like rain.

No..not yet, Lassie. But when settled back in Naaaarich I will get me to the CPL and get another. :) Just make sure your cat doesn't try to eat, or even go near lillies. Even the pollen can be fatal if ingested.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, rather cloudy but dry here. It could become rather warm if the sun does break through though.

Posted

Morning all

Dull day here, cloudy and damp but no rain at present, was raining quite heavy when I set off to bed last night/early this morning though.

Woke up late (which is good as the lie in was welcome) with a sore throat and runny nose (well that is just fan-bloody- tastic).

What ever your all doing today I hope it is a good day for you all :)

• Like 1

Posted

I know we had all the dust and pollution this week, but just emptied the vacuum bagless container as it was full, so where does all that come from when it is  just me and two birds?  I can only assume it travels in through doors and windows and get "collected" as I am out and about (I understand we make our own dust but still surprised as to how much has been aquired)

Remains dull here, does not feel cool but looks cool for sure, no further rain since last night (yet).

Posted

Just been for a stroll round the 'estate' and it feels a tad muggy now. If we get some sun...we might get some convection and then some T&L....probably. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all, Hope your enjoying your sunday - quite humid outside and overcast yet again 15.6c storm potential? We've entered a quiet time for weather, while I was hibernating i missed out all on the action, not to worry, fantastic 'poetic' translation AS - im not so good with words but yours are truely captivating! Have a wonderful time in scenic Pembrokeshire, brace for what ever the weather throws at you, it is a exposed place but its all part of the fun and tales to tell :good:

Posted

No..not yet, Lassie. But when settled back in Naaaarich I will get me to the CPL and get another. Posted Image Just make sure your cat doesn't try to eat, or even go near lillies. Even the pollen can be fatal if ingested.

Posted Image Thanks for letting me know, I didn't know this! Hope you get settled soon. Rain stopped, breezy 15.7c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Not the most inspiring day here tbh. Overcast and mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Apart from a fleeting glimpse of the sun, today has been pretty gloomy. 

I must admit to being rather irked about the constant stream of coldie posts on the MAD thread which are based off one or two GFS low res runs, especially when the next run it vanishes and they dismiss that run for x, y or z reasons. It's over, lets move on to the summer please :)

• Like 7

Posted

I must admit to being rather irked about the constant stream of coldie posts on the MAD thread which are based off one or two GFS low res runs, especially when the next run it vanishes and they dismiss that run for x, y or z reasons. It's over, lets move on to the summer please Posted Image

With you 100% on that Matt :)

Still cleaning house here, down to the kitchen now, waiting for the bleach to do its thing" before I rinse and wipe it all away so I can boil up a goose egg on the hob.

Wind is picking up too by the looks of it, my buddleia is rather mobile again, some brief spots of rain over the afternoon but nothing much so far, have no need to exit the building till tomorrow so it can do what it likes for all I care now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I must admit to being rather irked about the constant stream of coldie posts on the MAD thread which are based off one or two GFS low res runs, especially when the next run it vanishes and they dismiss that run for x, y or z reasons. It's over, lets move on to the summer please Posted Image

Yes, you're right, especially when the period they are talking about is a couple of weeks away. I can remember snow falling in Late April and even flakes in early May, but in that 35+ year period, it has never had any consequences where I live, apart from being an interesting spectacle as it fell - it didn't settle. :)

• Like 2

Posted

hi all

tonight

see above

certainly not cold

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

quite a strong south west wind veering north west mid pm

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

heavy rain for a bulk of the day

maybe something of a rumble or 2 when the second cold front on the fax comes through

i think once the 2nd front comes through it will start to die out around 3-4pm

temps

Posted Image

somewhere around 16 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------tomorrow night

Posted Image

quite a strong north west wind and will feel chilly

rainfall

Posted Image

should stay fairly dry but the north of the region may get some showers overnight

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

if you get clear skys expect a cold one tonight

temps around 4-5 degrees and locally a possibility of a shade lower

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

still a breezy north west flow

rain

Posted Image

after morning showery bits clear it should dry up for all

temps

Posted Image

could be a chilly one

around 10 degrees and the wind will make it feel colder

looks like a day of sunny spells

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday night

Posted Image

a weak west flow

Posted Image

dry

temps

Posted Image

i would call close to a frost here but i expect cloud and mist-fog to be more of an issue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a very weak westerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

none

temps

Posted Image

a shade warmer 12-13 degrees

we should see more of the sun today

gfs ensembles

Posted Image

a big spread on the 13th

that is fi

whatever the ops show

anyway be back later

john

Edited by john pike
  • Like 4

Posted

I agree with your sentiments Captain, and it's one of the reasons I long since gave up visiting that thread. JP does a great job here in the SE/EA thread keeping it real, and hopefully Tamara will return some day soon with her detailed analysis, I hope she is well.

It's been a gloomy 2 or 3 days here and the rain has arrived this evening. There is apparently some interest in tomorrows system heading in from the

west which may give rise to a squall line developing as it crosses the country, something to keep an eye on perhaps ?

Off topic. As a result of Microsoft withdrawing their support for Window XP as of this Tuesday I've bitten the bullet and ordered a new laptop which operates Windows 8.1. I am useless with computers so fearing it will all end in tears. If I don't post later this week you know why !!

I hope everyone has had a good weekend and thumbs up for the week ahead.Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted

Yup!If they want cold/snowy conditions, let em go live in the Antarctic or similar.

Very strong breeze here and although quite mild. ..it feels cooler in in the wind.

• Like 1

Posted

We do NOT want a white Easter, thanks very much. Although a warm, muggy and thundery one would be most welcome. The fiercer the better. Posted Image

As much as I would love some Easter snow, very unpopular I know. Surely Easter thunderstorms are not great either? Regarding the models showing a potent northerly over Easter. They will probably drop it come tomorrow, so nobody panic.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Thankfully no Lillies next door.Posted Image

• Like 2