Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Watch as the BBC remove the Sunday storm threat too! :lol:

B***dy BBC! How dare they mess with our storms. Grrrrrrrrr! :O
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

B***dy BBC! How dare they mess with our storms. Grrrrrrrrr! :o

You'll get storms when they forecast persistent drizzle! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

One thing to pick with the BBC, where are the dense fog warnings at, it's pea soup here!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

One thing to pick with the BBC, where are the dense fog warnings at, it's pea soup here!!

Not having the best of days today the Beeb! :lol:

• Like 1

Posted

Was it Linus in Charlie Brown who wherever he went had a cloud above him? Today I've been to Woodbridge in Suffolk (not far from you K) and back and apart from 5 minutes in Woodbridge, it has been dank, dreary, dull and disappointing, but particularly so (and this is for you Charltonkerry) around the Dartford river crossing!

I pulled in at the Reigate Hill car park at about 6pm on my way home to see what it was like up there and whether I could get a restorative view across the open countryside and what did I get? Fog. Junior cricket practice cancelled - rain. And now, after 6 hours driving today and having started work at 6am before the drive, I have been 'asked' to drive to south west London by my wife to a party where she will enjoy a glass or 4 and I won't.

Grumpy does not really cover it.

Have a good weekend

AS

• Like 5

Posted

Was it Linus in Charlie Brown who wherever he went had a cloud above him? Today I've been to Woodbridge in Suffolk (not far from you K) and back and apart from 5 minutes in Woodbridge, it has been dank, dreary, dull and disappointing, but particularly so (and this is for you Charltonkerry) around the Dartford river crossing!I pulled in at the Reigate Hill car park at about 6pm on my way home to see what it was like up there and whether I could get a restorative view across the open countryside and what did I get? Fog. Junior cricket practice cancelled - rain. And now, after 6 hours driving today and having started work at 6am before the drive, I have been 'asked' to drive to south west London by my wife to a party where she will enjoy a glass or 4 and I won't.Grumpy does not really cover it.Have a good weekendAS

Ah yes.......nice place, Woodbridge. :) Rendelsham Forest is lovely too. And Orford. Never mind, AS.......your day will come. :D
  • Like 1

Was it Linus in Charlie Brown who wherever he went had a cloud above him? Today I've been to Woodbridge in Suffolk (not far from you K) and back and apart from 5 minutes in Woodbridge, it has been dank, dreary, dull and disappointing, but particularly so (and this is for you Charltonkerry) around the Dartford river crossing!I pulled in at the Reigate Hill car park at about 6pm on my way home to see what it was like up there and whether I could get a restorative view across the open countryside and what did I get? Fog. Junior cricket practice cancelled - rain. And now, after 6 hours driving today and having started work at 6am before the drive, I have been 'asked' to drive to south west London by my wife to a party where she will enjoy a glass or 4 and I won't.Grumpy does not really cover it.Have a good weekendAS

Who said that, it's so foggy here i can't see anything :biggrin:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Well well well... Can't even call today a damp squid.... Cloudy and mist developed quite extensively on my drive home from work. Next to no rain, the mist has now lifted and it's just grey thick cloud. Never thought back in 2007 with that epic T&L storm that I will still waiting in 2014 for something similar. Oh well, it's only spring, plenty more time to come for our T&L party. It's a shame though, was really excited yesterday about today's prospects. I bet Tamara on the other hand is rubbing her hands in glee :-D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Damp and cooler here too, misty/foggy now too at a balmy 10.3oC

Posted

Yes.....I got up this morning full of beans and hopes of storms. I was in a really good mood but hopes (and good humour) began to fizzle out as the day went on. :(

Ah well, let's hope for some stormy action before long. The fiercer, the better I say. :)

Posted

So London N19 was the only place that saw a couple of hours' proper rain then?

• Like 1

Posted

well, a rubbish drive home, cloudy most of the way, rain in places then claggy once I got towards Norwich.  Some real heavy stuff running up the north sea, typically missing the land by about 20 miles.

Misty murky now, lets hope for something better tomorrow

Posted

We are all entitled to hope for the type of weather we enjoy; and this is a weather forum after all....and thunder storms have been around since time began. Apart from that, lightning, which is rich in nitrogen is good for crops and all growing things so it's good for us as well. We'd be poorer without them IMO. And.....we owe our very existence to them.Yes, they can be dangerous, but if you take proper care, and respect them you should be fine. :)

Couldn't agree more, we all hope for our own weather preferences, whether its snow in April or storms in December. That what makes the UK weather so fantastic is that it can happen and why April is IMO one of the best months as you can get everything in this month from blizzards to t-storms. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Evening all.  After quite a long break away from here I'd like to report...em, nothing much today really.  Misty, muggy morning.  Dank and dreary all day.  Evil black sky on the way back from work.  Heavy and steady rain for an hour or two.  Now returned full circle to misty, muggy...

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all.  After quite a long break away from here I'd like to report...em, nothing much today really.  Misty, muggy morning.  Dank and dreary all day.  Evil black sky on the way back from work.  Heavy and steady rain for an hour or two.  Now returned full circle to misty, muggy...

Good to see you back :-) You paint the picture very well. No storms then? I'm enjoying the reports of what appears to be convective weather but just nothing quite enough to get a storm going.....yet

Posted

So London N19 was the only place that saw a couple of hours' proper rain then?

most of it just grazed to the west here so dry most of the day, all damp now though

Posted

Told you AS, weather today was perfect for a drive through dirty Dartford, dull, dreary, damp, drizzly, dismal and doggy (well foggy but I'm sure you see where I was coming from) also AS the traffic jam for the bridge was only around the 7 mile mark when I come through from my jolly saunter up to the dizzy heights of Peterborough, it drizzled all the way up and back. Have a great weekend everyone and good luck to Daniel tomorrow, hope you equal our result.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm glad to see the 12 o'clock run of GFS has this chart as about as cold as it gets later next week. A touch of frost possible, yes, but nothing too bad, or unusual.

post-11059-0-36538400-1398457599_thumb.p

An earlier GFS run today was considerably more scary, with temperatures showing as low as -4C, even as far south as Central Southern England.

Posted

Couldn't agree more, we all hope for our own weather preferences, whether its snow in April or storms in December. That what makes the UK weather so fantastic is that it can happen and why April is IMO one of the best months as you can get everything in this month from blizzards to t-storms. :-)

Blizzards on the summit of Ben Nevis perhaps :p Back to lightning, how can you possibly respect lightning, you can take precautions by not sheltering under Trees and so on. My Uncle got struck by lighting quite some time ago totally out the blue, fortunately he had a lucky escape. Lightning is a hazard to human health, basically a form of high voltage electricity. It is a nuisance when out and about, when inside and snug in your home it's a different story. I find the UK climate dull, we lack extreme weather like in the States. Which is more good then bad, but does increase the desire for something explosive to happen :) Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

rain, murk, cool, damp

oh dear.

Posted

think this cold murk is why I feel soooooo tired (late nights do not help granted)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Evening everyoneOur adopted Northern Member, young Numpty,  hass back down with me over Easter - his first visit since Xmas/New Year.Yet again his visit heralded a  tumultuous week - (is he jinxed?????) - but this time it's not on the weather/flood/sewage front - in fact it's been much worse!This time last week me and a certain Numpty were twiddling our Good Friday Night thumbs (actually Numpty was suffering rather immensely more than I was!) in Haywards Heath A & E with poor Numpty restrained flat in head blocks for >9 hours (no food/drink/toilet breaks) before ending up 4 hours later in Brighton on the Saturday.A sudden braking whilst travellling to pick up a new guinea pig earlier in the day caused a trauma to his recent (very well-recovering) spinal surgery hence the A & E visit!!!! It was horrible at the time - but 7 days later he is now "good to go"We did manage a nice walk in the local bluebell woods  on tuesday- always an uplifting  pleasure...especially since they also have orchids.Then today - my trusty steed (BMW E46 2004 330d automatic with 150k on the clock) may have developed a possible terminal diagnosis  - and I have to get said Numpty and his Tubby Tabby back up to Leeds this weekend for his post-op appointment following his spinal surgery (which is all the more important now given his unexpected visit to A & E down here)Thankfully, I have now "temporarily acquired" a nice white BMW 530d automatic courtesy car - so Numpty, his neck brace,  and said Tubby Tabby can be safely transported.(along with a rescue cat and three rescue guinea pigs)  this sunday.Was completely amazed that the whole of today until about 7.30pm was just grey/rain/mizzle in RH18....but then this evening  we saw a break in the clouds.....and actually some blue sky!!!!Seemed to mirror our own circumstances.

xxxxx

Edited by PiggiePalace
  • Like 4

Posted

Blizzards on the summit of Ben Nevis perhaps :p Back to lightning, how can you possibly respect lightning, you can take precautions by not sheltering under Trees and so on. My Uncle got struck by lighting quite some time ago totally out the blue, fortunately he had a lucky escape. Lightning is a hazard to human health, basically a form of high voltage electricity. It is a nuisance when out and about, when inside and snug in your home it's a different story. I find the UK climate dull, we lack extreme weather like in the States. Which is more good then bad, but does increase the desire for something explosive to happen :)

lol @ Ben Nevis - have a read of the various south east county weather books by Bob Ogley and friends. Amazing some of the snow storms in April in the south east in history.

As with all extreme weather though its generally better watching from home. Here I see many lightning strikes hitting the mountains so when I'm hiking and a storm is coming in I run off that mountain as fast as I can lol.

I will look forward to seeing some good storms this year in the UK and hope everyone stays safe chasing them

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted

Morning all. Well what a disappointment Friday turned out to be for us storm lovers.

The hoped for break in the clouds just didn't happen here so instead of a suggested 19-20c, north west London only managed a grey and dismal 12.1c with drizzle. Can't win them all I suppose.

Have a good weekend folks. :hi:

• Like 1