Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Exactly how I am feeling.  This stubborn cloud simply refuses to budge.

Still, hopefully some of us in this region will be lucky this afternoon/evening, fingers crossed!

Ah well its still early days, Perhaps a tad early in the season to be storm chasing anyway.

Im hopeful there will be a storm about somewhere this evening, probably in Lincolnshire.... again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

Sun popped out here.  For about 10 seconds.  Brighter skies now though so still a few hours to go

Posted

Utterly murky and miserable here, waiting all morning for the cloud to lift and the rain to stop but still haven't made it out for my 'lunchtime' walk, I guess that is the return to fitness delayed until next week then! Still hoping the sun will punch through and get us all convected up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

No sun here just rain look like I'll be missing out again

There's a poetry thread for that sort of thing, Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Keeping an eye on that stuff heading NW towards Cambridgeshire. We seem to be in the right place for it drifting over the shortest route over water possible from France! Hoping for something. There seems to be some development over Belgium at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

There are some very heavy showers moving northwards off the southern Dutch coast currently. It looks like they'll miss us.

It'll be interesting to see what develops to our south over the next couple of hours. :)

post-11059-0-22283600-1398438946_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Skies clearing over the channel, better late than never!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Still full cloud cover here. Also turning quite misty... Feels cool out there as well.

Edited by LeighD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Light, drizzly rain here now. Very still and very dull.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

The sky is a lovely greeny-grey here at the moment, just waiting for that rain band to arrive. It certainly *feels* stormy. Be interesting where those echoes off holland end up (and if they remain potent)

• Like 2

Well looking at he radar for Europe, something has to develop over the south of France as there is no precipitation down there. 

http://www.radareu.cz/

I wonder if the influence of the low pressure coming in from the west has pushed everything east and that rash of showers of Holland moving north was the showers shown on the BBC graphics last night moving up through the SE and EA.

Still only 11.6c here and due to a solid brick built house i have had to put the heating on for them who have colds

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

It's brightening up here now, although it probably doesn't matter anymore... :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

awful day, just thick low cloud with occasional light rain and drizzle.

Posted

20c failed to materialize, 10.6c with cold rain. Not great - And the storms swanned off, To the continent per usual.

Another dismal display from the weather gods, this country is riddled with average weather :p

Horrid day ahh it was looking so good... Just persistent rain and thick cloud; seen better.

Gardeners be warned âš ï¸ very cold minima from the GFS

post-19153-0-13538300-1398446853_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

My statement stands! "If there is no sun by one, there'll be no storms by dawn!"  :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone seen that stuff coming out of the Netherlands right now?? Looks quite tasty!Live cam of Amsterdam if the storms reach up there!http://www.earthcam.com/world/netherlands/amsterdam/Just rain here today but the smell in the air tonight is making it so much more bearable, it smells like spring!EDIT: Closest camera I could find to the approaching storms was is The Hague, NL. its a traffic cam but its good quality.http://webcam.prvgld.nl/n348c.html

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 1

Posted

Blimey! That's some heavy stuff coming out of Holland. :O looks like it may just clip the North Norfolk Coast.......maybe, perhaps. :)

• Like 2

Posted

We are all entitled to hope for the type of weather we enjoy; and this is a weather forum after all....and thunder storms have been around since time began. Apart from that, lightning, which is rich in nitrogen is good for crops and all growing things so it's good for us as well. We'd be poorer without them IMO. And.....we owe our very existence to them.Yes, they can be dangerous, but if you take proper care, and respect them you should be fine. :)

Oh of course, I didn't mean it in that way. Everybody is different and obviously a lot of people love storms. I didn't used to really mind them at all until a bolt struck a pole in my back garden which sounded like a bomb going off. Love the rain, hate thunder and lightning. Seem to be constantly coming on to see "this percent chance of storm today" and it drives me nuts. Sorry if I offended any of you by the way I said that in my previous post...heat, cold, snow, rain, sunshine...anything for me as long as the storms keep away  :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I did look at the CAPE charts this morning, from GFS and they didn't look anywhere near as tasty as yesterday's were showing, in our neck of the woods - the action was showing to our east...

I'd be 90% sure that some of us will hear thunder in this region before the weekend is out. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Oh of course, I didn't mean it in that way. Everybody is different and obviously a lot of people love storms. I didn't used to really mind them at all until a bolt struck a pole in my back garden which sounded like a bomb going off. Love the rain, hate thunder and lightning. Seem to be constantly coming on to see "this percent chance of storm today" and it drives me nuts. Sorry if I offended any of you by the way I said that in my previous post...heat, cold, snow, rain, sunshine...anything for me as long as the storms keep away  :good:

No offence taken, JMTD. :) I know that T&L is not everyone's cuppa tea. I have family members who would sooner scoop their own eyeballs out and replace em with hot toffee apples than suffer a storm. :D I guess us storm fans do get terribly excited when storms are forecast.
  • Like 2

Latest BBC weather has removed the storm threat this evening and that front from the west seems to be coming through earlier around 4am but seemed to break up. 

Tomorrow see some showers in the afternoon but Sunday seems to be the day when a storm or two could be around the area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Latest BBC weather has removed the storm threat this evening and that front from the west seems to be coming through earlier around 4am but seemed to break up. 

Tomorrow see some showers in the afternoon but Sunday seems to be the day when a storm or two could be around the area.

Watch as the BBC remove the Sunday storm threat too! :lol: