Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

According to this morning's BBC forecast which is still on their website, the heaviest of the thundery rain will be over East Anglia at around 7pm. London could miss the intense storms. :(

• Like 1

Posted

Sick of it, doesn't matter what time of the year it is, constant threats of storms. 

Wooohooo, let's all hope for some life threatening lightning bolts to come striking out of the sky, oh the joy.

According to this morning's BBC forecast which is still on their website, the heaviest of the thundery rain will be over East Anglia at around 7pm. London could miss the intense storms. :(

Ignore those poxy weather forecasts based on computer generated crap :D With T-storms it really is like trying to pin the tail on the donkey.. Even in the states when they have their storms.. Tornadoes can and do change track within a split second going against all forecast and live data feeds :)

Sick of it, doesn't matter what time of the year it is, constant threats of storms. 

Wooohooo, let's all hope for some life threatening lightning bolts to come striking out of the sky, oh the joy.

If you feel that your life is threatened by the t- storms we have in this country then please.. Go buy a lottery ticket  :rofl:

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted

Ignore those poxy weather forecasts based on computer generated crap :D With T-storms it really is like trying to pin the tail on the donkey.. Even in the states when they have their storms.. Tornadoes can and do change track within a split second going against all forecast and live data feeds :)

They are very unpredictable and it wouldn't be the first time the beeb was way off the mark! An update on their website would be useful though, considering they mentioned possible flooding!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Some bumblebees looking dazed this morning. I hope it warms up again soon so the fruit and flower yields prevail.

As for the storms, I shall be eternally pessimistic this year so I can't be disappointed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Would be the best way to go IMO ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Sick of it, doesn't matter what time of the year it is, constant threats of storms.  Wooohooo, let's all hope for some life threatening lightning bolts to come striking out of the sky, oh the joy.

We are all entitled to hope for the type of weather we enjoy; and this is a weather forum after all....and thunder storms have been around since time began. Apart from that, lightning, which is rich in nitrogen is good for crops and all growing things so it's good for us as well. We'd be poorer without them IMO. And.....we owe our very existence to them. Yes, they can be dangerous, but if you take proper care, and respect them you should be fine. :)
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

No sun at work in Dartford, still very overcast and grey. Really hoping for some exciting weather today as it's my birthday and I can't remember ever having a good old storm on my birthday. Sunshine and warmth - yes; freezing cold and raining - yes. a cracking storm - not yet.....!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

A misty start, followed by grey skies with the odd splat of rain. Still 100% cloud cover, but feel remarkably muggy outside. Com'on T&L

Posted

Chasing Tornadoes! Now that's dangerous, but again, nature at its most devastating, thrilling and frightening all at the same time.  Which is why people are attracted to and frightened by them. I enjoy a good blizzard but appreciate that snow is dangerous and disruptive, more so than a thunderstorm. I just can't help it! :(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Still pretty grey in the City for now, but quite muggy. Working Radar watching this afternoon...:)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The sunshine is blinding! 

*grin*

Posted

Yep, cloudy here again but it does look like I'm in the firing line for once.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

As my philosphy goes, "If theres no sun by one, there's no storms by dawn."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Clouding up here again. Looks kind of hazy/misty over yonder. Oh, well.....just have to wait and see what happens. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Was rather excited last night, Not convinced much will happen now as it looks like this grey muck is going to get in the way of any decent convection :/

Posted

Was rather excited last night, Not convinced much will happen now as it looks like this grey muck is going to get in the way of any decent convection :/

Exactly how I am feeling.  This stubborn cloud simply refuses to budge.

Still, hopefully some of us in this region will be lucky this afternoon/evening, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Still full cloud cover here. But hey..... Still along way to go yet (-;