South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I have to take 5,000 ui of Vitamin D a day :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all. Back in Saffron Walden now after a nice weekend. 

Friday and Saturday both decent with sunny spells if rather chilly.

Sunday was dreadful, cold, breezy and damp before finally becoming wet and typically clearing by the evening.

Today was lovely with unbroken sunshine in south Essex, really warm too. Though it did rain for most of the journey back here.

Hope everyone has had a great Easter and got loads of chocolate :)

Posted

You boys down south seem to have done quite well this weekend.  Been quite nice here today, lovely morning followed by cloudy afternoon with intermittent spots of rain, enough to wet grass, but not concrete.

Following on from my "Why keep Bees" post of a couple of days ago, last yar I helped a new bee keeper set up by splitting one of my hives to get him going.  I saw him Saturday morning, before the "Hole in the suit" debacle and mentioned that acouple of my colonies had died.  Today I get a call, the one I gave him last year has swarmed and he needs a home for them.  Picked them up, run them in the hive, good swarm, job done

p.s. David Coultard can take back the "Square Jaw" Crown, but my right eye looks as though my wife hit me, so puffy, it's almost closed.....

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 1

Posted

What a glorious day, ended up going to Hastings, and despite all I said we bought something, I know, its do what the wife say, not what I do (say). A nice limp along the sea front with chips in our hands, then back to the car at 3:08, crying my eyes out at 3:09 when I turn the radio on and heard the football score, nearly got arrested on the M25 when our third broke the back of the net. Sorry still excited but why do our game always finish last.

Weather was misty when we arrived, sun burnt that off pretty quick, sun come out for a while, then a heavy shower passed through, shame as it was a really nice day, apart from being ordered to buy something. When I started typing this it was raining hard in dirty Dartford.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

What a glorious day, ended up going to Hastings, and despite all I said we bought something, I know, its do what the wife say, not what I do (say). A nice limp along the sea front with chips in our hands, then back to the car at 3:08, crying my eyes out at 3:09 when I turn the radio on and heard the football score, nearly got arrested on the M25 when our third broke the back of the net. Sorry still excited but why do our game always finish last.Weather was misty when we arrived, sun burnt that off pretty quick, sun come out for a while, then a heavy shower passed through, shame as it was a really nice day, apart from being ordered to buy something. When I started typing this it was raining hard in dirty Dartford.

Hope you stay up mate, but being a Palace supporter life is good atm  Raining here btw :)

• Like 1

Posted

Biggin, you lot have done remarkably well, hate to say it but you certainly deserve to stay up, 5 wins on a trot take done doing, please don't tell any of my Charlton mates I was nice to you. Well done.

Still raining in dirty Dartford, but as Biggins say life is good.

• Like 1

Posted

Biggin, you lot have done remarkably well, hate to say it but you certainly deserve to stay up, 5 wins on a trot take done doing, please don't tell any of my Charlton mates I was nice to you. Well done.Still raining in dirty Dartford, but as Biggins say life is good.

:)

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Posted

Evening All. :)We had a almighty storm in the morning, really hammered down no thunder though. The humidity was a tad too much, it felt very warm in the sunshine, at least i got a top up of vitamin D - as I post this the skies are darkening, wonder how things will develop into the Evening.Edit: the mass of PPN has arrived

Amazing what a difference a few miles can make, no rain here this morning, never mind thunder! in fact we had clear blue skies.

Left at mid day for Plumpton race course. Lovely there too, which was nice. Managed two 2nd's and a 3rd, well the 3rd was also last as only 3 finished. Just as well we don't part with real cash when we go.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Early rain here was all we had, dry since.

Posted

Amazing what a difference a few miles can make, no rain here this morning, never mind thunder! in fact we had clear blue skies.Left at mid day for Plumpton race course. Lovely there too, which was nice. Managed two 2nd's and a 3rd, well the 3rd was also last as only 3 finished. Just as well we don't part with real cash when we go.

We had a near direct hit, the rain was biblical it's amazing how much a few miles can do :D not that happy about the Charlton results but props to them, being 2 nil down and then going ahead takes some doing. It is incredibly tight down the bottom of the table. On to the weather it looks moist out there... It is very humid just the right, ingredients for a cracking storm. Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Just popping by, thanks for all the support, the garden is starting to bloom, we've had favourable Weather, after all it's April!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, the rain is falling, it's obviously dull and dreary, like AS its back to work for most of us, and I have similar feeling as he does, although I have only been away from work for the 4 days. Got a busy week ahead, which is good but at least its a short week. Hope everyone has a good one.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, grey and drizzly here at the moment, should improve though.

The big boss of the company that took the place I'm working at over is here today, so a little nervous about what plans they have for us and whether my temporary job might become permanent among other things. Hopefully this American firm wants to expand our little area and not asset strip us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

12C and muggy, with ragged cloud (mostly stratus) here. Hopefully some sunshine within an hour or so. 

• Like 1

Posted

Grey and gloomy this morning from Surbiton to Uxbridge, with some quite spectacular puddles over the roads in places. Feels humid and the cold breeze is no longer present of a day or two ago. Yesterday was gorgeous on Esher Common only requiring t-shirts for our woodland walk although clouded over in the afternoon.

Uni is closed but son's school is open and after the horrendous 2-hour drive in (no idea what was happening around Hatton Cross area of Heathrow this morning) there was no way I was driving home and then back again; the building has that funny 'empty office' feeling with almost no one to be seen and only a few souls in to 'clear stuff' like me, but the automatic lights on almost everywhere so you know people are pottering about.

Have a good return to work day everyone who is doing so, and if this is possible, as AS so eloquently explained.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Looks like I made the right choice getting out of the region for the last couple of days, I certainly haven't missed anything here, I had a wonderful time with Mr P in Liverpool and the weather was great....

post-10773-0-88357100-1398162564_thumb.jpost-10773-0-51533700-1398162605_thumb.j

post-10773-0-13585600-1398162631_thumb.jpost-10773-0-67360300-1398162686_thumb.j

post-10773-0-24098900-1398162715_thumb.j

....no blue sky back here in MK just grey clouds and soggy today...so back to earth with a bump it is at least I'm so busy with work I haven't got time to really notice !!

• Like 6

Posted

^^

Hi MK, nice to see some pics of Liverpool there, including I think one shot of the university (Liverpool being the original 'redbrick' university). I finished my university studies there in, would you believe, 1989, 25 years ago. It looks like you had similar weather there to the weather we had in West Wales.

Grey and cloudy in Harefield following a wet drive around the M25 this morning. Am really struggling with being back in the office!

Have a good day all.

AS

• Like 3

Posted

Afternoon all

Been a rather dull but so far dry and calm day here, sun had even been out for a short while and it felt rather warm, but that has all changed since some rather brooding dark clouds have moved in now.

Glad your break went well MK :good:

Matt, hope your right about the take-over, but my experience and observations of firms run by or taken over by ones based in the  U.S.A. Just look at the once mighty Weetabix, and before my last job site was shut-down that was a U.S. based and as soon as I was emailed from the directors to perfom due diligence on all that sites I.T. stock and servers etc, I kinda knew then the end was nigh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all

Had rain for much yesterday evening and overnight. Woke this morning to a grey, damp and muggy morning. This lasted until early afternoon and since then it's been an ever proving situation. High level cloud now with a bit of a breeze, but atleast it's still sunny.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Matt, hope your right about the take-over, but my experience and observations of firms run by or taken over by ones based in the  U.S.A. Just look at the once mighty Weetabix, and before my last job site was shut-down that was a U.S. based and as soon as I was emailed from the directors to perfom due diligence on all that sites I.T. stock and servers etc, I kinda knew then the end was nigh.

I agree to an extent with what your saying. I worked for an underachieving US company, which closed our office down very sharpish. My last job was working for a global French company, and when things got though, they got ride of the English sites as it is easier... Due to the unions in Europe being a lot tougher. But.... Based on the growth forecasts, the UK economy is planned to grow the most out of all the other EU countries. With that in mind, and if I was a US investor I would look to invest in the UK. Good luck anyway Matt... Hope you get made permenant and the US does invest in our great country.
  • Like 3

Posted

Bloody knackered this evening and ready for the pit (but must prevail as I will just end up worse tomorrow).

Have been given some good news, the geese chicks have finally started to hatch :)

• Like 2