South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Rain fest.

Posted

What's the weather doing there?

Completely agree.

This thread has turned into a complete joke since I joined Netweather just over a year ago.

Header title of Regionals states : - 

Regional DiscussionsPost about the weather in your region within this area. *You need to be a community member in order to take part in this part of the forum*

All other regional threads appear to stick within the guidelines BUT this one appears to prefer chatting & posting about anything but the weather.

I lightheartedly expressed that point in here a few weeks ago and was very candidly told to take my weather reports to a more appropriate thread on the forums, by a forum host no less.

Quite clear that 'the community' that resides in this thread is more of a clique who display unwelcoming comments to chase out those of us that come here other than to talk about our pants drying on the line.

I fully expect this post to be reported/removed but maybe it will open some eyes.

Have a good evening & Happy Easter :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

There are a number of ways of describing the weather and I'm sorry if my jottings didn't do that literally enough for you.  Translating:

• A cold start
  • Everything turning green with the gorse spectacular
  • Down by the sea the tide ebbing quickly westwards
  • Where the weather began to change
  • Made me think of the changing years
  • Been very dry, hence baked cliff edge
  • And a final reflection on change/loss

You don't have to like what I wrote, but there is plenty of weather in there.  Admittedly it's Welsh weather but I'm on holiday. I suppose I could have looked up the Reigate Weather Station reports and posted them here but I'm not sure that would have added a great deal!

AS

Abruzzi spur, if you are really into your poetry, i reckon you should start a thread for that, problem solved!

• Like 2

Posted

There are a number of ways of describing the weather and I'm sorry if my jottings didn't do that literally enough for you.  Translating:

• A cold start
  • Everything turning green with the gorse spectacular
  • Down by the sea the tide ebbing quickly westwards
  • Where the weather began to change
  • Made me think of the changing years
  • Been very dry, hence baked cliff edge
  • And a final reflection on change/loss

You don't have to like what I wrote, but there is plenty of weather in there.  Admittedly it's Welsh weather but I'm on holiday. I suppose I could have looked up the Reigate Weather Station reports and posted them here but I'm not sure that would have added a great deal!

AS

So your creative musings are based on weather outside of the SE region? 

Off topic for this thread then. So my point stands.

• Like 2

Posted

Poem in April  ( i know it's derivative but it's a silly tribute to Dylan Thomas, and I hate leaving Pembrokeshire...  Sorry!)

It is my seventieth time

Of leaving here

And today I woke to skies of pale frost blue

On top, beyond, new becoming-green hills

Where gorse leapt out in youthful rush

To see me along a way

A path on estuary edge where tide

Stills not for a breath

And sands and birds and skies

Pull me west where weather waits

And turns

Me back a child again.

A later part of self-same day 

Older now I drive the lane like any

Lane but new this time

A child carried beside stone walls

Bamboo cane fishing net dries

Outside clifftop tents and vans

Next to baked cliff edge

Wild mushroom field, spun mackerel landed

Holiday held by parents' hands

And not so many remain.

Hi Abruzzi

To maybe save some further disagreements amongst members, I have created a poetry thread. I see you have a talent for the written word, like myself, so feel free to post your poem in here.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80070-all-things-poetry/

Very good poem though. I look forward to seeing more from you in the poetry thread :-)

Edited by canadiancoops
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I didn't mean to be rude to AS, I was just suggesting a way not to create friction. I am sorry if I upset AS and yourself Bjaykent. I had to create a thread too because of off the topic complaints i got in here, so just thought it might help. :(   Looks like rain, 5c Easter Sunday washout I think!

• Like 2

Posted

CandianCoops, Lassie23 & ChillyJuju, sadly not for the first time, some very tiresome posts from all three of you.

Great posts AS, nothing wrong with some poetry, I very much enjoyed it.

Overcast start here this morning, but no rain yet, not looking like a great day ahead though.

Would you mind elaborating what exactly you mean BJ?

This isn't the first time you have chosen to make snide remarks towards me.

ETA - May I also point out that if you care to take the time to check my posting history you will see that aside from this evening I have always talked about the weather. Yet you consider my posts tiresome? Talking about the weather on a weather website is tiresome? I thank you for teaching me something new today :)

Edited by ChillyJuju
  • Like 4

Posted

CandianCoops, Lassie23 & ChillyJuju, sadly not for the first time, some very tiresome posts from all three of you.

Great posts AS, nothing wrong with some poetry, I very much enjoyed it.

Overcast start here this morning, but no rain yet, not looking like a great day ahead though.

Hi BJ,

As Lassie23 said he was told by other members and the Host in the past to create a thread for off topic posts. I was merely creating an outlet for Abruzzi's obvious talent and following previous instructions. I'm sure it would be appreciated as per previous guidelines and directives in the absence of a host. His talent and the fact it was a great poem isn't in question. I think its important to share in talent in the right avenue.

Thank you for your update on the weather - that is why I frequent this thread for the weather, and because I also live part time in the South East so like to connect with like minded people like yourself.

If you have any issues I might have missed please feel free to pm me :-)

Currently 7oC in North Kent and partly cloudy.

Have a great Easter :-)

Edited by canadiancoops
  • Like 1

For goodness sake can we all calm down and not turn this into a micro model thread as the SE Regional thread has always been a friendly happy place to post.  If we refer to to MKsnowangel opening post when we started Spring it said the following:

So as we are mainly here to discuss the weather in this region (with some other humorous, informative and chatty posts thrown in for good measure) tell us about your local conditions and how you plan to make the most of this (hopefully) more user friendly time of year....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79592-south-east-england-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-010314/?p=2940613

After a lovely day yesterday with nice sunshine it's rather cloudy this morning although the blossom on the apple tree has started to come out which looks lovely against the dark sky, the temperature stands at 8.4c which is much warmer that yesterday morning. I must going have a look at the radar to see where this rain is situated and if I am going to get wet this afternoon.

• Like 4

Posted

For goodness sake can we all calm down and not turn this into a micro model thread as the SE Regional thread has always been a friendly happy place to post.  If we refer to to MKsnowangel opening post when we started Spring it said the following:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79592-south-east-england-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-010314/?p=2940613

After a lovely day yesterday with nice sunshine it's rather cloudy this morning although the blossom on the apple tree has started to come out which looks lovely against the dark sky, the temperature stands at 8.4c which is much warmer that yesterday morning. I must going have a look at the radar to see where this rain is situated and if I am going to get wet this afternoon.

Yes Chris & not to drag names in but as you pointed one out I will confirm that MK was the host who told me to go talk about weather in another thread, after she locked the thread with that particular response & then began this one with that poignant message.

Sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable right now by saying what I have, that wasn't my intention.

However, there are far more many members who DON'T post in this thread at all because they have been made to feel uncomfortable by the overriding display from the small group who dominate this thread.

Once again, Happy Easter enjoy your eggs & remember what this religious weekend signifies & incorporate it into your lives if you wish..or don't!

• Like 5

Posted

Morning everyone hope you are all well, grey dreary old morning this morning, no wind and it look like rain, which is a pity as the grand kids won't be able to go out and play at our family gathering today. Hope everyone is having a great Easter and enjoy what's left of it.

• Like 2

Posted

Just had some showers come through here, can't see anything else on the horizon, so off to Yarmouth today.

Chillijuju, your comment

"However, there are far more many members who DON'T post in this thread at all because they have been made to feel uncomfortable by the overriding display from the small group who dominate this thread."

I'm certainly not one of those who dominate the thread and am unlikely to ever be. But I for one enjoy the banter that happens on the thread, much is weather related, the occasional one that isn't (to me at least) is par for the course, why not try to join in?

• Like 1

Posted

NNW I hope your stings are not too painful this morning.  It made my eyes smart just reading of your incident yesterday.

Hi Milly,

Luckily for me, I don't get any nasty reactions, the usual swelling, but now look a bit like a hamster with a full pouch rather than the square jaw look, but the sting on the skull is still really hurts, I think skin is so tight on your head that anything that stretches it is very noticable.

I'd never been stung by anything until I kept bees, I have now.....

• Like 1

Anyone ever been stung by a hornet? One of the most painful things I have ever experienced then getting rushed to hospital because I began to loose my ability to breath!

Glad I haven't, it happened to that golfer Larrazabal yesterday who jumped in the lake to get away from a swarm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/27079096

Sun in again here although still dry.

Posted

*sighs*

You are all being defensive to honest criticism about how this particular thread on netweather operates. That's understandable because you are so tightly knit as a group, you are a 'FAMILY'. I get that. I'm a veteran of the internet and I'm speaking my mind for the future of the thread based on my observations during the last year, the negative stance on this thread has only taken root since this year began. If you are unable to see that then this thread will continue to diminish as it has done recently with barely any posters other than the usual handful.

Contrary to what you believe & say against me, I'm not adverse to banter.If you check my posting history you will see that it was banter & friendliness that drew me to post here in the first place after joining & occasionally throughout 2013. Just a shame that the environment no longer welcomes some of our newer members.

Take from this what you will, I honestly couldn't care less because this thread has become hostile towards all those that are not embraced by the elite SE community. Evidence exists in the archived threads.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Radar has a few lightning strikes on that band coming up through the channel! Happy Easter folks, be nice to keep it fairly civil, and to echo AJ's post, if someone or something has been posted that you don't feel happy with, then either reporting the post or sending one of the team a PM highlighting your concerns might be a better course of action as oppose to a tit for tat argument in the public domain that may have left a bad taste in a few people's mouths.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

The rain has arrived with a vengeance; Very dark, lights on, heating on, temp 10c - and thunder as I type!

• Like 2

Posted

The rain has arrived with a vengeance; Very dark, lights on, heating on, temp 10c - and thunder as I type!

Looks a potent batch of showers moving through with you now,

After a short sharp shower here, the sun is in the sky, hazy but it's there.  However I stepped into the wind and it's pretty keen.

Radar shows some clag/drizzle South of me, hoping it will skip past Yarmouth, but I'll take a coat, just in case

• Like 2