nice to hear from you

still doing my work as well but getting there

hi chris

my thoughts are the easter weekend looks dry but chilly

could be a lot of cloud due to an east - north east flow

hard call re specifics but will do friday and saturday later Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Been busy in the garden most of the day and over the village to see my folks, and meet the new chicks Posted Image

Edited by Jax
  • Like 3

Posted

friday

Posted Image

a breezy north-north east flow

rain = none

temps

Posted Image

10-12 degrees

will feel quite cold and cloud could be an issue

---------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a weaker easterly flow

rain = none

temps

Posted Image

around 10-14 degrees

all cloud related this and will feel cold in the shade but pleasant where you get the sun

will firm up on friday tomorrow

• Like 3

Posted

ecm ensembles 12z for london

temps

Posted Image

cool to average temps

wind

Posted Image

some breezy bits but nothing of note

rain

Posted Image

looks mainly dry to the 21st

but a lot of scatter there

so the first part of easter looks dry and a touch chilly

the rest fi

thats my lot tonight

goodnight all Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

I can't bear to watch them snowy scenes, it just prolongs the agony of this empty winter. I guess we were fortunate, but I would love to experience another winter like that, never seen the capital so snowy, it caused gridlock but blimey it was a sight to behold.

Going offline, night all sleep well :) 5.6c brrr nippy outside

Posted

Morning all, lovely morning again, hopefully some good pictures today of what looks like a good sunrise, sky's all shades of blue with one pink cloud, slight frost hopefully not damaging to all the blossom that came out in the lst few weeks.

Off to the office today for a meeting with a supplier, that won't go well, they are a multinational group, who in the past have treated us independents very well, but in the last few years the management has changed and the attitude towards us smaller companies have changed to be most unhelpful, I think its time for us to remind them of our requirements. For the first time ever the larger independents are meant to be getting together to discus this problem and to try to fathom out a way of bringing them back into line. Don't think we will achieve very much but it will be nice to meet up with a few foes and have a few beers and no doubt talk of the good old days, and they where good. Nowadays the youngster coming in just want to work, there's no play time or fun, the characters have all died off or left the industry, such a shame.

Got some hard decisions to make, one of my designers has made an almighty cock up and we had to refuse an order because the design put forward would not have worked, this is the first time I ever been put in this position and I am fuming, well to be fair I'm a lot worse than that, he was gentlemanly enough to admit his mistake yesterday and offered his resignation, as my trust in his ability has fallen to nil, I suppose, I am going to have to accept it, shame as it really does affect our steady expansion. He's a nice bloke as well, but if you can't get the basics right, then there is something truly wrong. The alternative would be for me or someone else to check his work, but I think that we would both find that unacceptable, going to be a hard few days.

Big game tonight v Barnsley, win tonight and we will be nearly safe from relegation, also my youngest birthday who will be 29 years old, where have those years gone, it was 29 years ago today, that me, my dearly loved and now departed brother and my next door neighbour (whose wife had given birth 2 days before) went down the pub and had a few beers to wet David's head, then finished up round the neighbours and drunk a bottle of whiskey, I still can remember the hang over to this day, but after to girls, to a have boy was something to celebrate and we did. He a Charlton fan and loves snow, and is a spitten image of me, he's turned into a lovely lad, who somehow got himself the most beautiful girlfriend who dosen't like football, so he will miss his first match tonight this season, shame but true love don't run smooth always.

Have a great day everyone, think mine is going to be a hard one today, with very little pleasure, unless we win :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

A chilly but sunny morning again, 6C when I left the house in Ealing, 3.5C here near Basildon. A nice sunrise though not particularly pleasant when you're driving east all morning

Off work for a week from Thursday so it's a bit of a grind getting through these last few days!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, clear skies and a slight frost here this morning. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all, 

Nice to see some regional regulars back posing in this thread again, great photos too Posted Image

I’ve also been taking a bit of a break from NW and enjoying the fine weather and the Easter holidays Posted Image

Woke up to a very bright and sunny morning here with a light frost on the roof of the car - certainly a bit nippy out there for some of us first thing....

post-10773-0-27043600-1397546746_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all,

First day back to work today after annual leave so I am feeling a mixture of Posted Image and panic at the amount of emails I have come back to Posted Image

Like others have said, it's great to see some of the old regulars back posting - you have been missed!

Tom and Tamara, loved the pictures you posted of the beauty of NW Kent.  The river at Eynsford has particular memories for me - mainly of Mr Raven driving his car through the river by The Plough pub.  Well, I say driving through - more killing the engine and then floating out the other side.  This was back in the early days of our relationship where I can only assume the silly sod was showing off - and wrote his car off in the process Posted Image

There was a slight frost on the car this morning and it's quite nippy out.  Well worth it though as it looks like we are in for another day of wall to wall sunshine - I just wish I was out enjoying it and not cooped up in the office!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

Went for an early morning stroll, to catch the rising sun. There was a ground frost / borderline air frost here last night, but the sunshine, with the blossoms and the fresh greenery, that cannot be repeated by the time of summer, makes me think that this time of year is the very best for walking. Mature stands of bluebells are appearing in the woods too; this is quite early and two or three weeks earlier than last year. I must try and photograph some this year.

Have a good day everyone. Posted Image

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 4

Posted

Hello my friends,

Groggily back from having the flu. Twas bl**dy awful, but great for the figure!

The weather has been very obliging and after disgracing itself over winter has managed to be rather lovely.

Ground frost this morning. My little seedlings were shocked, but survived thankfully. Enjoy this lovely weather everyone Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Beautiful out there! It's the best weather I've had on my birthday for YEARS. Vividly remember being on a caravan holiday somewhere in the SW when I was about 9 or 10 and it snowing so much we had to go out to argos to get some fan heaters to warm us all up!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Morning all, clear skies and a slight frost here this morning. Posted Image

Chilly again with a wind of the north sea not mentioned by anyone? :(

Posted

Afternoon all

Well after a crisp and chilly start and frost to boot the day has turned out bright, calm and very sunny, feeling warm in the sunshine, but nippy still in the shade/breeze.

Why is it the three day weekend I just had seemed to whizz by yet today back at work seemed to drag on forever.

Hope your all enjoying this sunny weather :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Just a very brief visit as I've nothing of interests to say really. Certainly not enough to write epic length posts. Sunny but still a tad cool here in Ippy but pleasant enough for the time of year.

Hope you're all ok and enjoying the pleasant weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Hoping the heatwave predicted to start from the end of the month still arrives.

• Like 1

Posted

It actually feels colder inside than out here this afternoon, need to wander quickly into town, may just be warm again by the time I return.

Hoping the heatwave predicted to start from the end of the month still arrives.

Looking at the latest Met Office forecast I can't see one

UK Outlook for Sunday 20 Apr 2014 to Tuesday 29 Apr 2014:

Most likely turning more generally unsettled through the second half of the Easter weekend, as cloudier conditions with outbreaks rain, heavy at times, reach southeast England then move northwestwards across much of the rest of the UK. Brighter conditions follow later, with showers, heavy at times. Breezy in parts of the far north as well as southern coastal counties. Temperatures rather warm in brighter spells and otherwise largely near normal and cooler where there are onshore winds. Conditions then remain on the unsettled side through the rest of next week and onwards into the week after, with showers and some longer spells of rain, interspersed with drier and brighter interludes. Temperatures generally becoming a little below average towards the end of the period, especially in the north.

UK Outlook for Wednesday 30 Apr 2014 to Wednesday 14 May 2014:

There remain no strong, discernable signals for any particular weather type to dominate from the end of April through the first half of May. This leaves conditions more likely than not to be mixed with unsettled spells and showers or longer outbreaks of rain, interspersed with periods of largely fine and dry weather. By day, temperatures are likely to often be near average, though at this time of year this would still leave conditions feeling pleasant in sunshine when winds are light. Southern regions probably have the best chance of above average maxima, whilst some northwestern parts may be slightly below average at times. Nights, meanwhile, may be chilly at times with a touch of frost possible.

Issued at: 1600 on Tue 15 Apr 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, nice day, lots of sun again. May it continue :)

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the latest Met Office forecast I can't see one

not what I wanted to hear...

...permission to chuck a wobbly and full on foot stomping strop!

• Like 1