Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Blimey biblical rain on its way for East Sussex and Kent, wished i was in hastings at this time!http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Oh the irony.....I had an invite to visit my friends in Hastings ( well Fairlight to be exact ) this week. Had I been able to make the journey I would be parked up on the Firehills with my camera right now !

• Like 1

Posted

Oh the irony.....I had an invite to visit my friends in Hastings ( well Fairlight to be exact ) this week. Had I been able to make the journey I would be parked up on the Firehills with my camera right now !

I know how you feel, that would be a glorious setting for spectacular shots, I have a caravan down in Winchelsea. The only blinking time we don't go down there, oh well.. There will be more opportunities through the year. Outside it's looking rather dark.. Stormy looking :) Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Looks like the thunder and lightning will miss me yet again

Not just you Tom. The chance of thunderstorms in our region were minimal anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

That cluster of thunderstorms over Normandy will move NE through Channel to SE England so it's worth watching the progress on the Netweather radar...

mg=http://f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum//public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif] 1618627_10152309259554326_584339710_n.png

A storm forecast has been issued for today until tomorrow morning with a risk of squall lines forming with strong winds, torrential rain, hail and possible funnel clouds.

Posted Imagexstorm,P20forecast,P207th.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rxYOGv3aAe.jpg

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective%3Bsess%3D

Oh...please..please..Please!! (puts hands together and kneels in supplication) I need seriously cheering up. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. :)

A muggy 13C here, with heavy rain currently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Here comes that squall line spreading eastward......

post-10773-0-79342900-1396879865_thumb.p

Anyone to the east of this line may get some torrential downpours, gusty winds and even the odd rumble or two of thunder, you will certainly know about it if you're caught out in it.

Across the South East heavy rain continues with some torrential downpours in places.

• Like 2

Posted

Afternoon folks :hi:

Light steady Rain, 14c. Been glancing over our regional; back in January 2013 it has made this winter thoroughly depressing. The energy and charisma was excellent, hope that is replicated in winter 2014/2015!! Snow is virtually non existent until December here.. But it sure does fly by. I will enjoy this summer immensely, just hope it's not muggy and humid, like last year.

Does anyone how how you insert a animation on this forum, All I get is a still image.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Been a cooler and wet day here, rain has eased off since this morning but looking at the radar I think some more is close by, feeling the cooler temps today and suspect whilst 14oC out and 18oC in is not cold think my lurg may be the ultimate reason I think it is cooler than the actual temps.

oh well have an evening in planned with no reason to venture out again, might doing something light and easy then.

Have a good day all :)

• Like 1

Posted

I have put the small fan heater on (low power one) as I am feeling the cool and damp a bit more today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Afternoon, been cloudy and occasionally damp here today.

The weekend looks potentially quite good according to the models at the moment and the GFS is starting to hint at some very warm weather again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

My lightning detector going off to my west, south west!! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Nowt here yet. Just been out and it's cool, damp an still....and cloudy. Ah well...it's early days yet. I still feel we will get some corkers (storms) this summer. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Nowt here yet. Just been out and it's cool, damp an still....and cloudy. Ah well...it's early days yet. I still feel we will get some corkers (storms) this summer. Posted Image

I can't remember when it was exactly, maybe 4 years ago, when we had an amazing thunderstorm that produced hail stones the size of marbles and flooded my neighbourhood within 45 minutes. On the downside, it frightened my cat and she wouldn't go out for a couple of days.Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

The light outside is most strange, the clouds gone an orangey colour, its raining out as well. If I didn't know better you would think a big storm is brewing, most strange. It's gone very still out, no bird noise.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

Afternoon, been cloudy and occasionally damp here today.

The weekend looks potentially quite good according to the models at the moment and the GFS is starting to hint at some very warm weather again.

I did see them hints in the output too (and it is my three day weekend as well) could make for a nice few days off if the predicted trends hold out.

Cold, damp and just finished some quite hefty rain here, looking out the kitchen window it may be clearing away at last, BBC Look East forecast did mention the prospect of potential frosts in the next few days (and the forecasts do indicate some colder nights coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Lightning detected in the channel towards coast :)

Posted

The light outside is most strange, the clouds gone an orangey colour, its raining out as well. If I didn't know better you would think a big storm is brewing, most strange. It's gone very still out, no bird noise.

light went similar here too CK, fading fast now though, looks like the rain has stopped  completely as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Expecting heavy rain here soon.

post-11059-0-07646000-1396897736_thumb.p

Posted

look  out  Kent  some  very heavy looking  rain heading in  very  soon  acc  to the radar