Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Yes I agree that there has been an odd pong about.

With 7 portions of fruit and veg inside us all since earlier in the week when it became compulsory, we should not be surprised.

I read the other day in the comments section of the BBC news website:

The only fruit I eat is water melons. 5 a day was quite a challenge but getting outside of 7 a day is going to involve giving up full-time work.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yes I agree that there has been an odd pong about.

With 7 portions of fruit and veg inside us all since earlier in the week when it became compulsory, we should not be surprised.

I read the other day in the comments section of the BBC news website:

The only fruit I eat is water melons. 5 a day was quite a challenge but getting outside of 7 a day is going to involve giving up full-time work.

I still feel terrible after trying to have 7 portions in one day. 15.4c hazy.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

The sun's trying its best to break through just up the road from you in Rayleigh, pleasantly warm but very murky

Posted

Blue skies all day here just clouding over a little now. 19.5oC and feeling a bit more humid than late. Simply stunning weather and taking in more scenery from the North Downs

Edited by canadiancoops
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Been digging the garden. Beautiful, friable soil but ruddy hard work non the less. :O

Sun has come out and it's warm, but still hazy.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Very dull and murky day here, did not realise driving home this afternoon how worse today the smog is than yesterday, may explain my persitant cough and sore throat, not cool/cold but could do with being a few degrees milder, at least it has stayed dry so far today.

Have a good day all :)

• Like 1

Posted

Are there any storms forecast for the South East? Clouds are starting to look threatening.Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Afternoon. Warm with some hazy sunshine here. Turned cloudier in the last hour so maybe something heading this way. Nothing on radar though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Are there any storms forecast for the South East? Clouds are starting to look threatening.:bomb::(

I did see earlier that there was a chance of something kicking off later this afternoon, the Home Counties into the Midlands could be best place for the chance of a rumble or two....post-10773-0-92092300-1396543512_thumb.jpost-10773-0-05339000-1396543527_thumb.jpost-10773-0-17265700-1396543542_thumb.j
  • Like 1

Posted

Evening all

Had a little trek up a steep hill, in Greenwich near to the Royal Observatory - to take some snaps of the recent air pollution. Which has blighted the landscape, Would've been a excellent view, but the smog reduced visibility; significantly :) the moist winds are on there way :good:

post-19153-0-21254900-1396546391_thumb.jpost-19153-0-40624800-1396546480_thumb.jpost-19153-0-90057700-1396546594_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted

I did wonder what the smog was like it the city ....

post-10773-0-82710000-1396547808_thumb.j

... truly the big smoke then !

Bit disappointed the big black clouds earlier didn't at the very least give us a heavy downpour (would have washed the sand off the car) never mind a TS - it feels like having nearly all the ingredients in stock to bake a cake but just missing something vital !

Posted

Very SMOGGY here still even with the light breeze, will be glad to see it blown away and soon.

• Like 1

Posted

It's been very murky and muggy all day here as if the sun was still shining from behind the hazy cloud but later this afternoon the clouds went really dark, almost as though night had drawn in early, with the sky black, but no rain falling....would be nice to get some clear sky and fresher air !

• Like 1

Posted

I did wonder what the smog was like it the city ....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

... truly the big smoke then !

Bit disappointed the big black clouds earlier didn't at the very least give us a heavy downpour (would have washed the sand off the car) never mind a TS - it feels like having nearly all the ingredients in stock to bake a cake but just missing something vital !

Two hours on and the clouds still look threatening, but so far not a drop of rain. The smog in London has been awful and hospital emergency rooms have reported an increase in admissions with people suffering from respiratory problems.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Two hours on and the clouds still look threatening, but so far not a drop of rain. The smog in London has been awful and hospital emergency rooms have reported an increase in admissions with people suffering from respiratory problems.:(

There has been an increase in 999 calls due to people suffering with the effects of this smog so it is a worrysome matter. For anyone suffering with ill health due to the current pollution / smog hopefully this info might help ......http://www.asthma.org.uk/Blog/air-pollution-top-tipsIt basically says:Make sure you have your reliever inhaler with you at all timesAlways take your preventer inhaler as prescribedAvoid any strenuous exercise outdoors, and if your asthma’s very bad try to stay inside keeping windows and doors closedStay vigilant - don’t ignore asthma symptoms, if you notice them take action, even when the pollution has blown overKnow what to do if you have an asthma attackCall our Helpline 0800 121 62 44 if you’re worried. If your symptoms are very bad get medical help urgentlyAsthma UK | Blog | News blog | Dealing with the air pollution - our top tipswww.asthma.org.uk84% of you have told us that your asthma has flared up as a result of air pollution.
  • Like 1

Posted

Have to say I have struggled today. For the last week or so had bad chest. Today was the worst it has been. The stench this morning in welling and via London bridge was really noticeable. Tonight was just as bad when I got to welling u could still smell it in the air. Eltham a couple of miles down the road was at very high this morning at 9am let's get this shifted please

• Like 1

Posted

Have to say I have struggled today. For the last week or so had bad chest. Today was the worst it has been. The stench this morning in welling and via London bridge was really noticeable. Tonight was just as bad when I got to welling u could still smell it in the air. Eltham a couple of miles down the road was at very high this morning at 9am let's get this shifted please

The winds will be switching to a south westerly soon, bringing clearer air off the atlantic, this should hopefully bring you some relief. My cousin doesn't have asthma but came back from central London with a sore throat and burning, watering eyes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Worry not folks, the current forecast for Xmas Eve is SNOW! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfse_cartes.php?ech=6390&mode=3&carte=0&run=0

Let's see if this goes down better here then it did in the MOD thread Posted Image

Bah, the run's changed and the snow's gone! :-(

Can't believe it, I was sure it was a certainty!

Edited by Jayces
  • Like 2

Posted

indeed, this "smog" is becoming quite a problem, the sooner it is gone the better.  Been feeling "off" all week, must be past my sell by date.

• Like 1

Posted

indeed, this "smog" is becoming quite a problem, the sooner it is gone the better.  Been feeling "off" all week, must be past my sell by date.

LOL, it's not you it's the pollution making you feel like that. Zaps your energy, 14.5c murky!