Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

only got tomorrows fax for now

everything lately seems to be late updating

Posted Image

a mainly southerly flow

rain

looks like sunshine and some heavy showers

areas to the north and north east of the region may stay dry

temps

Posted Image

16-18 degrees

locally at 20 looks likely again

Posted Image

if you are lucky to see something tomorrow in the afternoon it may give you a few bangs

these will be hit and miss though

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?nh=0&carte=1007&ech=6&archive=0

thankfully ukmo have dropped the cold uppers from yesterdayPosted Image

will update later when i can

It must be the dust clogging up the pipes. :D

So...not a bad day tomorrow then. Cheers John. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

The drizzle/light rain seems to have stopped here now.

Posted

right got some more now

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak west-south westerly flow

possible mist patches locally but not widespread

rainfall

Posted Image

shows mainly dry on ukmo

the fax shows a trough over the north of our region and a cold front moving in

i reckon there will be showers overnight but will be patchy

temps

Posted Image

around 8-10 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

a breezier westerly flow

rain

Posted Image

after early morning drizzly bits clear it looks dry

just need to watch that trough on the fax as it may head west during the day

temps

Posted Image

around 16 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday night

Posted Image

a west-south west but weak snow haha sorry flow

rainfall

Posted Image

looks dry

temps

Posted Image

although around 6 degrees

it will feel quite chilly overnight

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a breezy south west flow

rain

Posted Image

the front on the fax is moving very slowly

so it looks to stay dry most of the day

sunny intervals with overcast conditions likely in the afternoon

temps

Posted Image

around 14-15 degrees

however the north and north east of our region may be a couple of degrees cooler

all dependant on the amount of sun we see

thats all for now

john Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Evening all

Been a hectic day at the "office" - the air quality has been quite bad in the morning, it was particulary noticeable. It had a odour, which I've not smelt before, little strange. I must say this weather is tedious.. Hazy sunshine followed by temps ranging from 14-19c there has been little to no breeze, it does feel humid especially at night. But bearable, the wind is expected to change to the SW bringing some much needed moisture, which should clear this murkiness - we need some rain or we'll end up in drought :p

Posted

Ho hum

Still alive despite:

(1) my failure, yesterday, to eat 4kg of veg and 1kg of fruit; and

(2) the presence today of the killer smog

Lucky escape, clearly.

If I drop dead tonight as a result of a lack of dietary fibre and asphyxiation this post will look pretty stupid!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 9

Posted

Ho humStill alive despite:(a) my failure, yesterday, to eat 4kg of veg and 1kg of fruit; and(next) the presence today of the killer smogLucky escape, clearly.If I drop dead tonight as a result of a lack of dietary fibre and asphyxiation this post will look pretty stupid!AS

I want to know how you can possibly get 7 portions in. I only eat twice a day; veggies / salad at or with each. Wot, they want me to eat more? I want to know if they've thought about the additional CO2 and methane emissions. Ah, the nanny state and the law of unintended consequences.

Er, 13.5c, And the weather station seems to think that it's going to rain. To its credit, pressure seems to have dropped somewhat, to 990 whatevers. First time for a few days below a grand of whatevers.

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

looks like them showers to our south have bit the dust Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

such sparkling, scintillating wit there..JP. :D

Just been to shop (why are Co-Op employees so sour faced) and its quite chilly out now. But its been a pleasant enough day and no smog about. Now I need a STORM! :)

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I had 7 portions today and I feel like onions! Terrible stomach ache and bloating, spent half the day on the loo. 14c dry and dusty.

• Like 3

Posted

sorry k

i will have to polish up my act Posted ImagePosted Image

well...they used to use sand/dust to polish things many years ago. I'm told it's very good. :D I'll get me coat....
  • Like 1

Posted

i  heard today *cough* that the air was no good today *cough* but as a smoker *cough* cough* i didnt see any difference :D

'ning all

last dog walk finished and it is soooo nice to get home and take fluffy out in daylight. got him out twice tonight. no breeze, not cold, dry and mild. just wating for "she who must be disobeyed" to go to sleep and then its my bed time :D

night all

oh, thanks Tom :)

• Like 5

Posted

certainly got some showers heading towards us

i thought these might fire up tonight

not too sure now

i wonder what a dust shower would be like in a thunderstorm

i bet that would be different

• Like 2

Posted

certainly got some showers heading towards us

i thought these might fire up tonight

not too sure now

i wonder what a dust shower would be like in a thunderstorm

i bet that would be different

nah, just dusty mate :winky: :lol:

oh, and just to add to that, i cleaned the car on the weekend :nonono::rolleyes:

got to go folks. have a good night everyone. night night :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Hello all

just stopping in to say, well, hello, hope all is well. Dipping in and out, but keeping abreast of weather updates from our regional forecasters, been very helpful as always. My dad was renting his house out whilst living abroad, when he had to have treatment we persuaded him that taking the house back would make his getting better more comfortable. The garden was in a state and even though poorly, he was determined to start on it. Now he can't finish it, I felt strongly, being a keen gardener, I should make that happen, so have been spending what spare time I have engineering a family 'ground force' it gives some positive focus, that we can chat to him about.

Weather, I'll take the dust as long as dry weather goes in my favour! All the best Ax

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Oh that JP and his wit :lol:

still alive here, bonus as I see it.  Calm and dry too and the weather is not too bad either.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I want to know how you can possibly get 7 portions in. I only eat twice a day; veggies / salad at or with each. Wot, they want me to eat more? I want to know if they've thought about the additional CO2 and methane emissions. Ah, the nanny state and the law of unintended consequences.

Er, 13.5c, And the weather station seems to think that it's going to rain. To its credit, pressure seems to have dropped somewhat, to 990 whatevers. First time for a few days below a grand of whatevers.

And no sooner have I given up smoking and taken up vaping the evil EU is going to ban it!

My theory: They want us dead, or so miserable we top ourselves so they don't have to pay state pensions.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

only got tomorrows fax for now

everything lately seems to be late updating

Posted Image

a mainly southerly flow

rain

looks like sunshine and some heavy showers

areas to the north and north east of the region may stay dry

temps

Posted Image

16-18 degrees

locally at 20 looks likely again

Posted Image

if you are lucky to see something tomorrow in the afternoon it may give you a few bangs

these will be hit and miss though

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?nh=0&carte=1007&ech=6&archive=0

thankfully ukmo have dropped the cold uppers from yesterdayPosted Image

will update later when i can

The Freedom Fence man is coming to do a demonstration on my dogs tomorrow afternoon...  as my Labrador is petrified of thunder, it's going to be 'interesting' when he gets a slight static shock from the fence and then a thunderclap. He probably won't ever leave the house again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Woken up by my cat having a fight, went outside and can't believe how mild it is for April. The birds are already singing, 11.4c, cloudy. I wonder if this early fine weather means that we will have a crappy summer?

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, to dark out to give a weather report, but I think it can be summed as as dark, dewy, dry, dusty, dreary, dismal in dirty Dartford. As Lassie said its mild. Very busy at work still hence my lack of posts recently. Off to our Peterborough office today, apparently I am being wheeled out to meet a new client whose want to visit our office to make sure we exist, I'm meant to be the technical person at the meeting, so that's an £800k order lost then :-). Don't know if its because I'm getting old and grumpy ('ere indoors said I haven't changed since the day I meet her) but I like to be fully prepared for a meeting, this one I don't know what the design is, who I am meeting, their companies name to be truthful I know nothing, should be a good one then.

Just a warning for us Dartford bridge user, I can now confirm that the speed cameras do work on the bridge :-(, where's AS when you need him. Have a good day everyone.

Devastating news the lovely blackbird that I thought had found love, hence being quiet these last few days, was found dead in our neighbours garden, brutally murdered by 2 magpies. Really upset by this news, made my early morning rise a little duller, such a shame as we have very little wildlife around here other than grey squirrels and magpies. Apparently Mr blackbird was buried with full military honours by our neighbour, yesterday.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted

And no sooner have I given up smoking and taken up vaping the evil EU is going to ban it!

My theory: They want us dead, or so miserable we top ourselves so they don't have to pay state pensions.

Smoked my last cigarette at midday on New Year's Eve. Don't miss it at all with vaping. Some info and an EU-wide petition are at http://www.efvi.eu 

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All,

Well, I survived my journey into London this morning, walking through the 'killer smog' as the sensationalist media publications are calling it. 

Joking aside, I don't know if anyone working/living in London has noticed an odd smell in the air this morning?  Kind of sulphuric in nature, but only a mild wiff of it (thank goodness!)  If the Sahara smells of rotten eggs, I can't say I'd fancy a visit there Posted Image

As for the weather, its cloudy (it could be sunny up past the smog!) and still very mild.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

Morning All,

Well, I survived my journey into London this morning, walking through the 'killer smog' as the sensationalist media publications are calling it. 

Joking aside, I don't know if anyone working/living in London has noticed an odd smell in the air this morning?  Kind of sulphuric in nature, but only a mild wiff of it (thank goodness!)  If the Sahara smells of rotten eggs, I can't say I'd fancy a visit there Posted Image

As for the weather, its cloudy (it could be sunny up past the smog!) and still very mild.

Yes! I thought I could smell gas when I stepped outside this morning (Orpington). Glad I'm not the only one.

Weatherwise, it's overcast. Was hoping for another glimpse of the sunshine before the weekend's rain but not convinced that#ll happen. 

• Like 4

Posted

Mornin each. Overcast and sun is trying his hardest to peep through the murk...but he's not having much luck. :(

Anyway...currently 11c here but feels cooler. My niece is in a gardening mood...that means We ALL have to be in a gardening mood. :O Not!

Havr a good day, y'all. :)

• Like 1