Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Sorry to hear of your lose Jason, seems such a shame that era of heroic people are quickly passing, the stories they could would surmount anything in my life time. True heros the lot of them.

Funny enough I'm actually reading an account of 2 para history through the 2nd world war,mand it includes a few stories written by a member of my family, in fact as I can make it out they are my twin cousins, being twins and fighting in the same platoon was something of a unique occurrence in the British army, and to this day I'm not certain how they achieved the feat, but the book certainly confirm that they did during a little incident at a bridge in Arnhem, some may have heard of it, they where brave, some say the bravest of the brave, their battalion was devastated, but unbelievable they both survived, one was captured the other escaped. Jason, this poem was written by one of the twins for the 50th anniversary of this great battle, I hope it will give you and your some comfort, however I must warn you it is a battle poem, written from the heart 50 years after the event,

Elements of nature have no precedence over men at war, fought in field, forest or on the street, down alleyways, byways, house or barn.

The venue of battle does not give exception to anything or anyone, fatigue is succeeded with sight of death and fear of it.

The cleft between cowardice and heroism is paper thin with self preservation hovering above conscience of men.

The tide of battle will ebb and flow in defence and attack.

Men will fall, some will die, acts of courage happen all the time, a medic will tend the wounded, the padre will comfort the dying.

Officers will lead the men from the front.

Sergeants and corporals will go forward with them.

Excitement does not have a real place in war and the glory is false.

Discomfort of sweat and cold, hunger, thirst, and fatigue goes unnoticed, perhaps that because one is to aware of death bring nearby and prominent factor.

Discomfort is temporary, death is forever.

Jason, hope you can accept this as being from one hero to another, may your wife's grandfather rest in peace, along with all those other heros.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Here is my birthday present.....

Hope you've had a lovely birthday Grace - I'm so glad you liked the little gift I sent :-) x
  • Like 1

Posted
What a beautiful day and it's left me cursing my flippin' health, trapping me at home again [i/quote]

That's a shame - I hope your feeling better tomorrow BB54 and at least manage to get outside of the back door !

Sadly my wife'S Granddad passed away yesterday

Very sad news - condolences for your loss :-(

On a happier note the weather looks good for tomorrow - don't forget the clocks do go forward tonight ....

post-10773-0-68535400-1396132829_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

ame="Bluebreezer54" post="2951624" timestamp="1396101721"]What a beautiful day and it's left me cursing my flippin' health, trapping me at home again [i/quote]

That's a shame - I hope your feeling better tomorrow BB54 and at least manage to get outside of the back door !

Very sad news - condolences for your loss :-(

On a happier note the weather looks good for tomorrow - don't forget the clocks do go forward tonight ....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Thank you MK for your kind words, That's the thing with this life (We just never know). Life's to short for jargon and misfits. Bottom line is apart from a different language and colour, Inside---Outside we are all the same. The only issue in life that separates us all..Is petty c rap. . If I make it to his age,Then I have achieved my goal. Posted Image

Posted

12z ecm ensembles

temps

Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

rain

Posted Image

i will let you work that one out tonight Posted ImagePosted Image

gotta go now

i will be over on the other thread for a while

if im not back

goodnight all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hope you've had a lovely birthday Grace - I'm so glad you liked the little gift I sent :-) x

Thanks, Ali..I had a lovely day. And I shall call the boat The Ali MK in honour of you. :)
  • Like 2

Posted

Here you all go, Here is a redefined pic of me.

Posted Image

lol , 20 Years ago and a few sunbeds along with gaining in height 10" (that's all you women think about")  Ahhhhhh  I trained him well, My Adonis make believe double.

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

going now

goodnight all Posted Image

Goodnight John...Take Care.

Posted

Morning all, pleased to say its a lovely morning here, milky sky's, which hopefully means a lovely day, slightly misty. The big day has arrived for the card and flower industry, for all you mothers out there, take advantage of all the pampering you are going to get today,you earn it.

Forgot to mention I think I heard Mr blackbird today, so perhaps all is well.

Have a good one, and I hope everybody is well.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.:)

A hazy one here. Too much drink yesterday, means it is both meteorological and metaphorical -  oh well, it was the first alcohol for a week.

I thought I'd awoken reasonably early too, but my clocks are all out by an hour... :unsure:

Enjoy today's fine weather, whether you're a deserving mother or otherwise. :)

• Like 1

Posted

High milky skies this morning and very still. We spent yesterday in the West Country for my parents' Emerald wedding anniversary plus my father's 76th plus Mothers Day celebrations with a pub lunch and copious amounts of cake. My father has been struggling with COPD and heart problems for nearly a decade, so as my mother put it 'we never know how many there are left'. A lovely day.

The West Country seems to be saying it is on the cusp of summer - Salisbury Plain was very green but not quite so full of crops and blooms as in full summer when the beauty is frankly overwhelming, especially if you drive just pre-sunset when the colours are ranging through the full spectrum from blue to purple and then yellowy orange shades as the sun sets ever deeper and the fields seem to just wave and move all around you. Either that or I've had a little too much west country ale knowing my husband is driving, or perhaps it's those UFOs we keep being told about... nah, that's definitely too much of the beer.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys their shortened Sunday. Sunday roast here, then off to buy some 'presents' for the dog's 'fifth birthday' to mark the day we rehomed him from deepest Lincolnshire nearly a year ago.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very warm, but very kind of smoggy as if we are in Beijing! Real noticeable change in the visibility and air quality from the SouthEasterly fetch happening. One extreme to the other. Atlantic RIP!!

Posted

Mornin each. Lovely sunny and warm morning here in Ippy. Bit hazy atm but reckon that'll clear later.

Nipper presented her mum with a lovely bunch of tulips this morning. Goodness knows how she managed to get out to the shop for them. :D Marvellous achievement for a two year old.

Have a good un, all. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning (just) all Posted Image

A brighter morning but not quite sunny here, had a lie in due to the effects of something I had yesterday in the pub, did my bit for earth hour (well was not home at the time TBH)

Oh and it is dry Posted Image

Happy Mothers Day Posted Image

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

afternoon folks (morning folks, if you forgot to reset your clocks)

A cracking week weatherwise for everyone in southern & eastern England with a pot pourri of weather into the bargain, with some warm maybe very warm sunshine, some increasing early season humidity as we move through the week and also the prospect of some heavy showers/thunderstorms for some as progged by the current model output......For today, sunny intervals with some patch mid-level cloud with temps generally in the mid to upper sixties, so feeling very pleasant for those off outdoors today. Perfect for a pub lunch followed by am afternoon stroll (not forgetting to take your mum for the pub lunch!)

....and on that note, a very happy Mother's Day for all you mums out there....If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be here Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Happy Mother's Day :angel:

post-19153-0-71545200-1396179218_thumb.j

Unfortunately for some their mothers are no longer with us, it is quite a emotional day for some. But take comfort of them fond, happy memories. My nan is sadly no longer here, and understandably for my mom it is a quite upsetting day, loss is a terrible thing.

But at least we all had a mom even if it was not as long as we hoped.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 5

Posted

I have seen some mentions about the haze etc.

BBC tweeted Saharan sand and dust will continue to be transported this way.

I guessed this is why the sky is how it is right now, sand/dust mixed with the high hazey cloud?

Posted

Wishing all you wonderful Mums out there a very Happpy Mothers Day.Posted Image

Nowhere near as nice as yesterday here, mostly overcast but occasional glimpses of very weak sunshine have pushed the temperature up to a warm 20c. Interesting prospects for a thundery outbreak.....if you like that sort of thing....and I certainly do !!

Enjoy the rest of your day folks.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Wishing all you wonderful Mums out there a very Happpy Mothers Day.Posted Image

Nowhere near as nice as yesterday here, mostly overcast but occasional glimpses of very weak sunshine have pushed the temperature up to a warm 20c. Interesting prospects for a thundery outbreak.....if you like that sort of thing....and I certainly do !!

Enjoy the rest of your day folks.Posted Image

I have great hopes for lots of thundery action in the coming months; and I think we may get it because the sea temps' didn't get as low as normal last winter. Therefore...the storms won't die crossing the channel. Or at least having a better chance hitting our shores whilst still active and we get lots of luvverly storms:D Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The hazy sunshine of earlier has disappeared, as the cloud has thickened. A somewhat disappointing start to BST, imho, given the forecast. At least the temperature is fine. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all,

Fantastic day here, sunshine was hazy but it was really warm, even at the top of the downs !

post-10773-0-84814900-1396202364_thumb.jpost-10773-0-36113600-1396202373_thumb.j

post-10773-0-02657900-1396202383_thumb.jpost-10773-0-40256400-1396202395_thumb.j

post-10773-0-88479200-1396202424_thumb.jpost-10773-0-68233700-1396202435_thumb.j

post-10773-0-29807100-1396202448_thumb.jpost-10773-0-81506600-1396202461_thumb.j

Tired, happy and now full of lamb roast dinner as well Posted Image

• Like 8