Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please continue here....

link to the previous thread - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79703-south-east-england-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-130314/page-41

So, who's looking forward to the milder weekend and what are you all going to be doing?

post-10773-0-21051800-1396019025_thumb.p

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just got back from a lovely walk in the park just down the road. Its lovely in the sunshine and the blossoms look lovely.

post-17085-0-17132900-1396017670_thumb.j

post-17085-0-02685800-1396017733_thumb.j

post-17085-0-24482200-1396017813_thumb.j

• Like 9

Posted

Just a few more hours work to get through for me and then hopefully a nice sunny and relaxing weekend to look forward to, much as I hope this spring is the prequel to a lovely hot summer I don't go along with this.....

http://rtlec.co.uk/120-days-of-hot-sun-britain-will-bake-in-longest-summer-for-100-years-say-forecasters/

post-10773-0-48021800-1396018337_thumb.j

.......typical of the media sensationalist scaremongering  headlines which I think most of us know better than to believe…. the hottest summer ever, yea right no doubt followed by another 100 days of snow, either way we will either fry or freeze to death Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Nice pictures Grace. :)

On my walk this morning, I saw quite a lot of bluebells (pre flowering obviously) I always look forward to the time when they flower - usually about the first week in May seems to be best here, although they were later last year, due to the cold Spring. Will they be a bit early this time? :)

• Like 3

Posted

Whatever the weather it never seems to be kind to commuters; Five railway substations were on fire yesterday evening after a lightning strike near Folkestone in Kent. Firefighters tackled the flames along the line from Dover priory to Sandling station.

post-10773-0-17786600-1396018751_thumb.j

Eurostar passengers were delayed following the bolt which caused a fire at a building close to the entrance to the Channel Tunnel, which in turn caused overhead electrical power losses near Ashford, Kent leaving hundreds of passengers facing long delays due to signalling problems…….. must have been the wrong kind of lightning Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Looking at the radar it might be worth having a gander at Netweather member Arnie Pies' excellent live Brumcam.......could get lively up there !!

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/brumcam.html

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Whatever the weather it never seems to be kind to commuters; Five railway substations were on fire yesterday evening after a lightning strike near Folkestone in Kent. Firefighters tackled the flames along the line from Dover priory to Sandling station.

Posted Imagearticle_img.jpg

Eurostar passengers were delayed following the bolt which caused a fire at a building close to the entrance to the Channel Tunnel, which in turn caused overhead electrical power losses near Ashford, Kent leaving hundreds of passengers facing long delays due to signalling problems…….. must have been the wrong kind of lightning Posted Image

Interesting Ali, have just taken a couple of bets for tomorrow's big race (The Lincoln at Doncaster) on a horse called Sweet Lightning!

Tom

• Like 1

Posted

Could also be some more early Spring storms next week?

A couple of charts from next Thursday.

post-11059-0-34921700-1396020957_thumb.ppost-11059-0-35701400-1396020973_thumb.p

A way off though, obviously

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Well been an improving day after the dense foggy start even feeling that bit milder away from the cool nagging breeze, weekend appears to be showing that improvement continuing quite well too shame I have to work tomrrow really (if all goes well it will give me a chance to catch up with a few things though).

If your weekend starts here, I hope you have a good one :)

• Like 2

Posted

Hope we get some thunder and lightning tomorrow. Big day is March 29th. :)

Today was quite sobering though. My niece's divorce became final. You always think it will be ok...but there is an element of sadness as well. :(

Enough of this Melancholy. Hope you all have a good weekend. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Beautiful Rainbow on that Brum cam at the moment!

• Like 1

Posted

Hope we get some thunder and lightning tomorrow. Big day is March 29th. Posted Image

Very little chance here, but it'll be a very pleasant day. B)

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hope we get some thunder and lightning tomorrow. Big day is March 29th. Posted Image

Today was quite sobering though. My niece's divorce became final. You always think it will be ok...but there is an element of sadness as well. Posted Image

Enough of this Melancholy. Hope you all have a good weekend. Posted Image

Do not dwell on what was, live for today and plan well for tomorrow as that is all you can change, the what was will always ever be that, what is and will be is another matter :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Was on the chillier side this morning at college, blue sky really wanted to make an appearance, but stayed pretty overcast and dull.  Our Tutor had a tadge of a meltdown - moderator came in to watch over us like a hawk for a practical and written rhs exam. A

s he wandered about watching us do our allotted task his eyes started to bulge - half of the group were doing the task completely wrong including those opposite and either side of me..we were not allowed to talk, so I couldn't alert them to the fact they were going down the wrong garden path so to speak..tutor was almost speechless - needless to say what followed wasn't all that pleasant and poor tutor had a strip torn off him by the mod (even though we had completed the task before - half the students seem to have forgotten what the hell they should do) - oh well, i passed Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful Rainbow on that Brum cam at the moment!

Indeed there was Jo, and it's now picking up the clearing skies behind the storm nicely. Arnie Pie has really put some work into his live Brumcam and it's well worth adding to a favourites list.

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all, delighted the working week is over, some great snaps of the Blossom :good:

First 20c possible over the weekend? I will be on the look out, everyone :gathering: we are prone to get the warmest highs, last year we reached a sweltering 34.9c; will be keen on what will be our highest max, this year.

Have a lovely weekend, be happy & stay positive

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, nice day (if a rather milky sky). Looks like a good weekend with temperatures pushing yet again towards the 20C mark. Legoland is going to be a blast tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Posted

Nice pictures Grace. :) On my walk this morning, I saw quite a lot of bluebells (pre flowering obviously) I always look forward to the time when they flower - usually about the first week in May seems to be best here, although they were later last year, due to the cold Spring. Will they be a bit early this time? :)

Thanks,Steve. :) And Bluebells smell heavenly as well. In the garden of my childhood, we had a massive blackberry bush and beneath it grew loads of bluebells. My mum must have had dozens of bunches of them thrust at her every summer. They were cherished gifts though and she loved every jam jar full. :)
  • Like 2

Posted

I may be speaking out of turn, and mods please feel free to delete my post, but I sense from recent posts a romance may have blossomed within our friendly local thread. Posted Image

Moving swiftly on, here comes the weekend and a gradual warm up on the way. I'm all in favour of that. Posted Image

Really? Who? Do tell. You can whisper it. I wont tell...honest. :)

Anyway...its dark outside and a bit nippy.

Posted

hi all

hope your all well

sorry a shade late with the updates but will do them soon

nice to see the thread back to normal Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

sorry not chatting too much lately

i do read and appreciate all the friendly chat and would hate that to change Posted Image

easy weekend one

dry and warm

a shade lower coastal but still nice

i think temps around 14-15 coastal

inland 18-19 and poss locally 20

anyway back soon

john Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Really? Who? Do tell. You can whisper it. I wont tell...honest. Posted Image

It's been a good few days for thunderstorms in our region, better than the whole of 2013 so far. Posted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all

Been quite an eventfull few days here. Wednesday afternoon at 3pm we had a massive 15 min hail/ sleet / snow downpour. That's the first time this winter I've seen white falling from the sky in abundance. Yesterday started of bright and warmish, but when that wind picked up in the afternoon it felt freezing. That coincided with my boys first ever cross country district race. He is only 6 and never run that far before. Anyway he came 51st out of 90 runners bless him.

Today started of very foggy, but by the time I took the boys to school it was clear and very bright. In fact it's been a very bright / sunny day all day really :-) . My hamstring injury I got during Sundays run is now a lot better. Went out for a light running session tonight and it fells okay. It felt pretty cool once night broke and there seems to be a mist forming now.

Hey Tom - best wishes to your son on his birthday.

Have a good one guys... Over and out

• Like 6

Posted

no need to do the weekend in full tonight

sunday night looks dry and not cold

mist may be an issue in the evenings but will clear quite quick

now monday

Posted Image

still under 546 dam air

and a warm southerly flow

temps

Posted Image

will reach around 14-16 degrees

maybe a local 18 but will be capped as the cold front encroaches from the west

rainfall

Posted Image

dry up to early pm

now cold front bumping into warm air Posted Image

could see some sparks mid pm on

rain will effect all by mid afternoon

will also feel quite humid in the afternoon

basically thats it for now

back later

johnPosted Image

• Like 4

Posted

No way, read between the lines K !!

It's been a good few days for thunderstorms in our region, better than the whole of 2013 so far. Posted Image

I mention Larry the Lemur once, maybe I was unwise to refer to him as my pet, but really this sort of wild speculation is well out of order. 

Please excuse me, my friend needs me to prepare some fruit.  I won't do it; at least not until he puts that blinkin' tail away!

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 7