What's a Gigabyte of Broadband Data Worth? (1G/££....?)

What is a Gigabyte of data worth?

Data - 1G = 1000MB (megabytes)

I feel that the pay as you go broadband companies should re-access what 1 G is worth these days, it goes far quicker than it used to doing pretty much the same thing (my own experience) all though this would vary a bit each time. I can't really play videos this takes the credit to quick, depends on how much I've topped up, but that's just the point I need to put quite a lot on to feel relaxed and play the YouTube vids (for example) with out credit worries compared to those on unlimited pay monthly broadband for the same amounts of cost(££..) per month - I am moving over to this at some point, but a laptop dongle is portable and can take the lappy anywhere and have a connection (mostly...) not only this you can load a dongles software program into any computer and run it on there, we pay more for the extra conveniences of that I feel.

A lot of web pages are larger these days although chat forums do a good job to minimize this problem. But my point and question is should we get more Gigabytes per £1?

A tip from me here to lower data usage on PAYG for those on a computer/bigger device:

Example - When on a news site home page open each story as a new tab, close the tap after, this way the home page is staying open to go back to after closing a page, this way you're not reloading the home page every time you read a new page by usually pressing the back button to go back to home page, this is costing you credit. Opening new tabs from a website can save credit. ( I don't do this on https/padlock sites though )

Edited by Tobor

I don't know what we should be paying really for a GB worth of data on a mobile. Maybe 50p?

I use easily 200GB of data a month, sometimes 300GB or more - not on my phone, but home use.

• Like 1

I don't know what we should be paying really for a GB worth of data on a mobile. Maybe 50p?

I use easily 200GB of data a month, sometimes 300GB or more - not on my phone, but home use.

Blimey how do you manage that! but this adds to my point that Gigs use up quite quickly when doing anything other than the usual browsing. 

@CC, I have the PAYG broadband dongle there are only set amounts ££/data example £10 / 1G there is no "all you can eat" data plan with this. Looking at a broadband contract for home use.. are keep the dongy for transportable internet though.