Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Anybody see netweather on BBC look east , they use netweather radar lol

I managed to miss it. :( I saw they were using a couple of youngsters to present parts of the forecast and turned the sound down, in case they messed up their lines. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Been avoiding the F--A--M--I--L--Y, (long story) but I've also avoided every shower too. Angry skies surround me, yet my area remains dry and I think it will stay dry too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I'm pleased that the Hastings shield is fully working and am missing these storms to my eastPosted Image

I'm much less pleased that Shadow might love his carrier crate indoors to sit and sleep in, as pictured yesterday, but hates being in it in the car and I can't take him a greater distance than a mile or two let alone the length of the A21 to Bromley and surrounding partsPosted Image

On the brighter side once more, Sunday especially this weekend looks very pleasantPosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 4

Posted

Snowing up in derbyshire second night running..... At least warmth this weekend

Is it settling?

Posted

evening all

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

showers rattling through overnight

as we go past midnight these showers will lose their bite and gradually ease

temps chilly later when the rain eases but no frost likely

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

winds light east-south east

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

again it looks like a day of sunshine and showers

clearing all by evening

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

showers could still have a thundery element tomorrow

however as we head towards mid pm any showers will be light and the unstable air has gone

temps around 12-14 degrees

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak south east flow

dry

chilly but no frost

fog may be a localised issue tonight but not widespread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a breezy south east flow

rain = none

temps

around 16 degrees

coastal may be a shade lower but still pleasant

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a weak southerly flow

temps

Posted Image

around 16-18 degrees

mist and fog on coasts will clear around breakfast time

expect sunny intervals but may haze over late pm

rain

Posted Image

nonePosted Image

back later

john Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

I don't know about you lot, but after a horrid winter full of rain, wind and flooding, March has actually been quite decent. Not sure on how many hours of sunshine we have had but there have been quite a few sunny days and recently some interesting showers including hail and even snow in the north on the region. The weather this weekend going into early next week looks pretty damn good with lots of warm sunshine over the whole region. Just in time for mothers day Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I have great hopes for lots of really good thunder storms this coming summer. We've had more T&L this last few weeks/months than the whole of last summer. I hope that bodes well for us storm lovers. So..fingers crossed for a 'pluming' good time. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I'm pleased that the Hastings shield is fully working and am missing these storms to my eastPosted Image

I'm much less pleased that Shadow might love his carrier crate indoors to sit and sleep in, as pictured yesterday, but hates being in it in the car and I can't take him a greater distance than a mile or two let alone the length of the A21 to Bromley and surrounding partsPosted Image

On the brighter side once more, Sunday especially this weekend looks very pleasantPosted Image

Posted Image

Tamara...re Shadow. Have you tried the Feliway spray. Its very good for nervous cats whilst travelling. Or...good old cat mint/nip.
  • Like 1

Posted

I have great hopes for lots of really good thunder storms this coming summer. We've had more T&L this last few weeks/months than the whole of last summer. I hope that bodes well for us storm lovers. So..fingers crossed for a 'pluming' good time. Posted Image

Rumour has it that it will indeed be a thundery summer. What's for sure is that it won't be what the Daily Express  are forecasting.

120 DAYS OF HOT SUNSHINE: Britain set to bask in longest summer since 1910 say forecasters THE WHOLE of Britain is about to roast in a scorching FOUR-MONTH super-summer with temperatures hitting 100F within weeks experts say. THE ENTIRE COUNTRY is heading for the hottest summer in HISTORY - one that will put even last year's sizzling heatwave in the shade.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

At 7:50pm we had a huge bolt of lightning which shook the house a little, followed by a lot of hail. It only lasted about 5 minutes but was enough to make the road and the cars white on the surface.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

cor look east Posted Image

It's heading straight for the triangle.... flaming typical Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

An absolute beast off Holland that could be coming OUR way for once! Already seen a bright flash to the NE off North Norfolk. What a start of what will hopefully be a corker of a year!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

hi captain

funnily enough i thought that too Posted Image

It's made landfall on the Suffolk coast now. Good luck to those in the north of the region.

• Like 1

Posted

DOH!

I've done something similar. Raced out to catch some a very nice sunrise a year or so ago. Tried to take a picture. Camera unresponsive. I even mentally said 'What's the matter with you, you @*$#!! Don't mess around now!' Posted Image...

Then I remembered my fully charged batteries were still in their charger at home. The time had passed and I cursed myself driving home. Posted Image

Doh indeed. In my defence I wasn't really expecting to even get out this afternoon, let alone be presented with photogenic weather. For added irony my drive out was originally only intended to complete the formalities of renewing my Photocard driving license. I had a bit of a result in the Post Office though. They were selling 8GB Sandisk memory cards off at £1.99 a pop !!

So in summary an afternoon seemingly centred on all things photographic it would seem. Shame about the flat battery.

Hope all are well and it's good to see some familiar faces posting again. Welcome backPosted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Evening all :D Winter is over and I can come out to play :D

Friends reporting pretty lively storm action Gt yarmouth/Gorleston - about an hour's worth overhead so far. I can usually see distant flashes on the coast but not tonight sadly :(

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Hello, after a long day in White City at the BBC in a hot stuffy room, about 1.15 intense flash of lightening and deep Angry rumble of thunder, I thought we may get some exciting photo op's, then gone like a poof of smoke. Back in Brighton after a 12 hr day, and currently a cool 2.9 c, not the best way to spend ones 21st wedding anniversary! But, an interesting day nonetheless, now studing conifers latin plant identification for the morning.

• Like 2

Posted

Hello, after a long day in White City at the BBC in a hot stuffy room, about 1.15 intense flash of lightening and deep Angry rumble of thunder, I thought we may get some exciting photo op's, then gone like a poof of smoke. Back in Brighton after a 12 hr day, and currently a cool 2.9 c, not the best way to spend ones 21st wedding anniversary! But, an interesting day nonetheless, now studing conifers latin plant identification for the morning.

How much of the beeb is left in White City, large parts have relocated. 4.9c, missed all the storm action today, not one drop of rain in fact.

Posted

Looks wet at home, cold and chilly in Weybridge.

Good to see Tamara and Tom posting again good posters deserving of respect for the quality of the posts they produce.

Just spoken with my wife and there's lightning at home, or at least within 2 miles

Welcome back for summer NS

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 2