Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wow! Sleet here as of 5 minutes ago… it's our elevation and I thought the clouds to the North looked sleety or snowy as opposed to rainy…

Poor husband picked the wrong time for the dog walk - he's still out there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

nice afternoon out here, been out and purchased some bread and milk and even ventured into the library.  Stayed sunny and dry here (so far any way) and not been a bad day, bit nippy though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Another superb day of weather, big dark skies, frequent hail showers interspaced with bright sunshine. There could be no better day to be dog walking for me, heightens the senses and a raises the spirit .

Blossom is coming out everywhere,  this ancient crab apple in full flower,  the Blackthorn in the hedgerows is just stunning at present  and the hawthorn are just breaking into leaf but still have some of last Autumn’s berries present, a sure sign of the mild winter just gone.

Posted Imagecld23314 002.JPG Posted Imagecld23314 029.JPG Posted Imagecld23314 072.JPG

The Oilseed Rape is starting to show yellow in the fields and over the estuary into Essex, Thames Haven & Canvey are showing well in the sunshine with Shoremead Fort in the foreground on the Kent side of the River.

Posted Imagecld23314 009.JPG Posted Imagecld23314 011.JPG

Fabulous cloudscapes again, ever changing as waves of showers sweep in from the northwest.

Posted Imagecld23314 068.JPG Posted Imagecld23314 056.JPG Posted Imagecld23314 057.JPG

Posted Imagecld23314 092.JPG Posted Imagecld23314 099.JPG

Have a nice dayPosted Image

great pics again :)

managed to remain calm and dry here (not sure how long that will last mind)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Rumbles of thunder here now, quite a strong little storm but petering out as rain comes, did see a low CG bolt which was pleasing, then decided to come indoors Posted Image still low rumbles as the rain starts.

Update - hail shower, settling on ground, not heard any more rumbles but seeing the radar it appears that a few strikes have been in this area! All a bit grey and indistinct at the moment right here.

Edited by cloudsabove
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Some rumbles of thunder heard here. The sky is very dark as well with light rain.

post-17085-0-22678300-1395591306_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Yay.......pleased for you K Posted Image

Awww.....thanks BB. I hope we get loads more in the coming months. :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Suns out and the hail comes down, strange old day weather wise today. Went to bleak house in Broadstairs today for a cream tea, very nice, but as we came out, it rained hard, on the drive back to dirty Dartford, we came through, sun, rain, hail, sleet and what looked like snow, temperature went from a high of 9.5c to a low off 4.5c, as I said funny old day for weather today.

meant to had a day spoiling her in doors, work got in the way of that, whoever invented emails, text etc., got me a right telling off, thought I was safe to answer some as she who must be disobeyed was in the ladies, wrong, I got caught and suffered the deafening silence all day.

In last few minute, sun, rain, hail and mixed in there was a rainbow, wind got up as well, oh and the silence was broken by her indoors to inform me it was snowing, it was hail, guess who wasn't brave enough to tell her :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted

CK I think I know that tea shop. Very nice it is too. Broadstairs us my fav place in uk ahead of Bournemouth now. Hopefully we will get a decent summer so I can take little one there love it.

Weather wise mental day here in micro climate of welling hail rain cold sun cloud the works. Need it to warm up significantly for weekend as off to peppa pig world on Saturday. Will be miserable if it chucks it down with rain. Have a pleasant Sunday night. Try not to think its Monday tomorrow, although I had an interview Friday and should find out tomorrow if I got it.

• Like 2

Posted

JimmyH, I think Broadstairs is my favourite place in the world, I have been lucky and been to most places throughout Europe and a lot of places in the West Indies, and whenever I go to Broadstairs for some reason it just feel like coming home, my favourite view is sitting on the pier just people watching, enjoying the kids playing on the beach as I did all those dim and distant years ago, who can forget those long hot summers, us little uns being packed off down to our aunts for the six weeks summer holidays, or the first holiday I had on our own with my elder brother and his mates, the long walk back from Hades nightclub in Margate getting in, in time to get up, dancing with Sandy Shaw, the dates young nurses from the national sea hospital in Margate. Those are just some of the happy memories that come flooding back whenever I go down their. No wonder her indoors won't speak to me, I suppose I shouldn't have told her :-)

If you go down there, there a famous photo where the red arrows are flying over the beach, and you cannot see a grain of sand as it's packed, I am there. It was a glorious day, and the last day I saw my uncle alive. So many memories and so many ghosts, of great days, I suppose it must have rained but I can never remember it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Wow to these "up and down" temperatures ref the weather!...and the beautiful cloudscapes...thanx all for posting piccies.I regret to say that the Piggies are really not happy ..The down-side to the current weather (for Piggies) is the massive temperature variation occurring.  Randy Dandy has already succumbed to a respiratory infection because of the sudden dramatic max/min temperature changes that have occurred over the last two weeks....and I have two others I am monitoring (Piggies can only cope with max +/- 10degC  change - we are currently going from 16 to -1 over 2-3 days!!!)Despite being indoors, in order to avoid any further "environmental shock" they will have the heating turned on again tonight.Good news - I've caught the sick ones early in terms of infection so am whacking appropriate anitbioitics down them so they should recover

On a personal note - it's been a lovely positive day today - I have "deep-spring-cleaned" half of my kitchen and destroyed my washing pile.xxxx 

• Like 2

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

showers should clear all around midnight

then temps will drop

expect a frost most areas excluding east and north east coastal regions as low cloud and fog should hold the temps up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a south westerly flow and not strong

rain

Posted Image

dry until nightfall here

temps

Posted Image

around 8-9 degrees

we should see more sun today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak west to south west flow

rainfall

Posted Image

expect rain to move in and effect all areas after midnight

temps

Posted Image

cold and close to frosty

then when the rain arrives it will warm up to around 4-6 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a horrid day

winds variable but will be east-north east as shown

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks likely rain will last most of the day

easing down late pm

temps

Posted Image

7-9 degrees but will feel cold in the wind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday night

Posted Image

a chilly north east flow and will get quite breezy overnight

rainfall

Posted Image

it looks like showers will get pushed in from the north sea

but some areas will miss them but will likely be cloudy

temps

Posted Image

cold but frost will only be very localised

around 3-5 degrees

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a cold north east flow but not strong

rainfall

Posted Image

a bulk of our region looks dry but cloudy

some showers will be driven in again from the north sea though

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

i reckon around 6-8 degrees

and may drop again when showers hit

possibly some wintry showers mixed in the heavier bursts if they get going in the afternoon

anyway thats my lot for now

hope your all well

johnPosted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted

Good Evening All :hi:

PP I hope your "pigs" are alright and they recover promptly, been a magnificent day of cloudscapes. We have been fortunate to get going so early in the season, a sign of things to come? who knows, a cold night beckons already down at 4.5C will be intrigued how low it will go, it has been rare this winter now (spring) to have gone into negative digits.

Most of the action today was just towards the east, just glancing past. Essex done well according to the radar.

Have a nice Monday, even though it is monday - its good to get out and about. Now 3.4C I thought all the ppn would have died out by now .. Intresting it bodes well for a mix of rain/sleet/snow if it hits here.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, decent weekend down in Benfleet, had thundery showers with hail both days. Coldest night of the year tonight by the looks of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think it was too cloudy here today for great cloudscapes (certainly this afternoon anyway)

Yesterday had some good ones.

I'm not really looking forward to the weather coming up this week (apart from tomorrow) both from JP's analysis and the Countryfile forecast. Cold and cloudy just doesn't float my boat. :(

I have to remember how early it is in the season though and that warm weather is still a bonus at this point.

• Like 2

Posted

CK have many happy memories of when I was younger going and having a knicker bocker glory. Much bigger in those days.

• Like 1

Posted

JimmyH, unbelievable your memories and mine must coincide, I have had a knickerbokaglory every year in Morrelli's for the last 55 years, its a family tradition, my uncle referred to above designed and fitted out Morrelli's all those years ago, it hasn't altered all in all those years, Morrelli's really does bring the old memories back, I played on the beach with the people who now run it, such a small world. My aunt and uncle lived in spero court just beside Morrelli's prior to their death, in fact the roof of spero court went up, and Morrelli's opened up early in the morning to put the people up. I always said I would retire down there, unfortunately I don't think it will happen, but it kept me going back all those years. What a small world, certainly agree about the size of the knickerbokaglory as when I had my first one I couldn't see over it, now I have trouble seeing it.

Think its going to be a very cold night tonight, with a thick frost, let's hope the garden survive, just after I finished writing this, so a heavy shower passes through.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

Hi folks drove into work in London at 5 and went through the most wintery conditions I have seen this winter!!!! heavy snow!!!! well heavy wet snow...........................................................................................ok ok it was sleat but it was heavy enough to make everyone slow down,plus it even clogged the wipers up.

The drive in went from blinding sunshine 9c to heavy sleat 4c,hail,rain and bone dry patches....

Well off to France next weekend for a week fishing so I would like a bit more warmth Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

A late good evening to you all, Not been on for a wee while ,Still doing the house up and will be till Winter this year. Noticed its going to b quite a chilly one tonight...Down to -3 to -5 c in parts...Frosty, Well had to really now the gardens etc are getting into full bloom. Anyway stay safe and well folks speak soon. JP keep it going mate, I always pop in to view your updates.Posted Image

JT

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 3

Posted

fax for thursday

Posted Image

a cold easterly wind and will be quite noticeable

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

still quite cold and there looks like early showers too