Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Lovely to see some of your pictures.

Thanks to JP as always for the weather runs.

Fingers crossed for a nice day tomorrow. We seemed to miss the showers here today.

Night all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hehe. Nowhere near as bad as that, but the possibilities were way worse. (I fell onto barbed wire fencing, at the same time as I fell in the mud; I grabbed it with my right hand and cut myself in a few places, but it's done now - as I said, my fault only Posted Image )

Tbh I'm intrigued as to why my original message mentioned 'dogs' - most likely I messed up using my tablet, but as I was stone cold sober when I posted, I'm wondering how it happened. Oh well,somewhat Happy Days!

At least you didn't fall into a drainage ditch. My husband was backing up with the radio controls to get a view of his model aeroplane in flight and fell in backwards.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

hi all

nice pics on here today

still waiting the later fax charts which are very late tonight

will post them if they come out soon

johnPosted Image

What time are these expected?

If they show up a remote chance of wintryness I may stay up, have a lot to get through tonight, so will keep peeping out the window and checking radar

• Like 2

Posted

Watched lots of showers over Essex during the day, just one more picture from me tonight showing the hail falling over the Estuary.

Posted Imageswrs 018.JPG

night allPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Should've snapped some pics myself today, had nothing here right over me, but see at least 4 huge hail showers pass by with a few good hail shafts popping up a few miles away

I think it passed over Basildon and maybe clipped Rayleigh, another downpour started just after it passed Benfleet, showering probably Leigh down to Southend

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted

cor finally

wednesday

Posted Image

a cold north east flow

note the patch of 528 dam air that we are under

we have a trough across the south east so showers likely

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

expect it to be cold and a chance of some wintry showers if the precipitation becomes heavy enough

will certainly need more runs to forecast this

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a long fetched easterly flow but not strong

temps

Posted Image

will actually feel warmer in air temperature

but the wind will feel colder

looks dry though

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

an east-north east flow

but would likely feel a shade warmer

cloudcover could be an issue though

re tonight

if any showers get going very late overnight they may turn wintry ( radar watch needed) and its an IF we get any showers survive

however i will not wait up as i cannot be bothered tonight Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like we have such a slim chance of any wintryness again overnight, most of the showers coming off of ireland are fizzling out over the irish sea.

Huge chunk of radar is also missing, scroll back 20 mins or so and a lot of ppn over ireland simple vanishes, which would have been heading our way, if it made it here! Posted Image

Maybe it will come back! 

3.8c here in Benfleet, very slowly falling, much slower than forecasted, doubt I'll hit that -0.5c ave temp by 6am 

• Like 1

Posted

updated 6pm fax for tomorrow

Posted Image

not sure i like that trough where it is sited now

that would give a chance of more afternoon showers  Posted ImagePosted Image

one better thing is it has opened the isobars up more which would mean slightly less wind

anyway i am off now

goodnight all Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Morning 1.0C here, the time when temp plays ball there is not PPN :closedeyes::wallbash:

There looks to be a blob of sleet/freezing Rain around the Solent, can anyone confirm?

Back to bed, was just checking if I missed out on anything.

Posted

looking at the radar  lots  of  showers heading our way later  just put the washing out , plus i want to wax me car this  morning !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Looks like some rain overnight/this morning was had here, missed it myself (curled up in bed) and missed any last night/evening as well (curled up on the sofa watching the more four extreme weather evening, and I mean curled up and comfy).

Sun is out but it is sporadic thanks to the clouds, not raining at the mo, will have to venture out at some point today, just not sure when but milk supply is getting rather low and needs to be replenished ASAP.

Have a good day all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well, trying to get the oompphh into me to get dressed and out to the shop (before it shuts) as I need some milk, but the oompphh just is not there and I am firmly in weekend mode (plus it looks like it might rain), still sunny spells here and looks breezy (trees are rather mobile this morning).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each....just. It's sunny but I there is a very chilly wind.

Ah well, some light gardening may warm things up. :)

Have a lovely day, everyone. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looking good already, dare I say we may beat yesterday with a good few hours of peak daytime heating still left to go! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hehe. Nowhere near as bad as that, but the possibilities were way worse. (I fell onto barbed wire fencing, at the same time as I fell in the mud; I grabbed it with my right hand and cut myself in a few places, but it's done now - as I said, my fault only Posted Image )

Tbh I'm intrigued as to why my original message mentioned 'dogs' - most likely I messed up using my tablet, but as I was stone cold sober when I posted, I'm wondering how it happened. Oh well,somewhat Happy Days!

I'm wondering how that happened too - did the pub run out of beer Steve ? Posted Image

At least my fall only involved brambles and not barbed wire - it was lucky I had spare clothes though or they would never have let me in the pub, I certainly managed to get wetter and muddier than you did that day Posted Image

post-10773-0-61621700-1395576925_thumb.j

Some very bright sunshine here in MK with fast moving clouds but as yet no showers, I managed a lovely 2 hour walk this morning, totally mud and incident free Posted Image

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend - Mr P can see again as we collected his replacement glasses yesterday, just waiting for the physio to mend his shoulder now and all will be good again !

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Going to get battered here in hull, a wall of black is coming towards me. 

• Like 2

Posted

Good afternoon one and all.

Interesting weather down in Bognor Regis on the webcam. It is overcast there but about 15 minutes ago, following about 2 or 3 minutes of hail falling it suddenly went very black indeed. For about the next 20-30 seconds the wind was incredible as was the eerie noise it was making, and the camera was shaking violently. Then it stopped as suddeny as it started, and it became much brighter.

Too short lived to be a squall line or a straight line wind in my uneducated opinion, and a gust front would surely have whipped the sea up more ?  The sea state didn't change during the whole episode. I wonder if there was a lowering and/or possibly a funnel cloud in the near vicinity ? I would be interested to hear from anybody down that way, and I'll be looking out for reports elsewhere. Of course I could be way off the mark, but it was very unusual.

Anyway, hope you are all having a good Sunday and keeping well.Posted Image

PS: Talking of well, has anybody heard from Tams recently, I'm a bit concerned ?

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

wow at the hail coming down at this moment loads of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Nice hail shower with reasonably sized hail just passed through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Impressive pea sized (5-10mm) soft hail here for last 20 mins or so - turned ground white 3C drop in air temp during shower from 8.5 down to 5.5c, and still dropping.