Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please continue your regional weather based discussions here:

Link to the previous thread:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79592-south-east-england-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-010314/page-40

......and a reminder of the Met Office warnings for Fog which may be slow to clear in a few places particularly coastal areas but should thin and lift for most giving us another dry day with sunny spells..

Yellow Warning of Fog for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Warning of Fog for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Fog patches are expected to form overnight onwards into early Thursday morning, becoming dense in places with visibility below 200 metres at times.

The public should be aware of the potential for some difficult driving conditions and disruption to travel, particularly during the morning rush hour.

Issued at:

1541 on Wed 12 Mar 2014

Valid from:

0200 on Thu 13 Mar 2014

Valid to:

1015 on Thu 13 Mar 2014

Light winds and clear skies overnight and during Thursday morning will allow fog to form in places. Not everywhere in the yellow area will see fog, but where it forms it is likely to be dense at times, especially in low-lying areas. The fog will then slowly clear through the middle of the morning.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=C35676E9-5893-EA9D-DA17-B5CD22B45720_5_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1394668800

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted

bagsy first Posted Image

Posted Image

gfs 18z ensembles

19th on

nope still no idea

more tomorrow

off now goodnight all Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

This is the webcam closest to my house I stay in when I come back to England, at blue bell hill (kent) approx. 600 ft ASL.

Usually you can see the road very clearly. A very foggy night.

post-4391-0-26911600-1394676000_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just woken up for a cheese burger, no fog here yet! Maybe by dawn, will check later when i wake up for pudding.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone's fit and well. Thick mist out there this morning as predicted, should make the make the trip round the M25 to the office interesting. Guess what got meetings all day today, including why we are not getting more maintenance customers and that really exciting one, my highlight of the year, the one that's I am so looking forward to, yeah, insurances, ruddy great, not only a waste of my time but our money as well.

The old codger has had to admit to feeling old recently and we have just taken the first steps for planing for my retirement, not a subject that I fill I want to discuss yet, but being a owner of the company, then I got to make / take certain actions and these got to be planned, my share in the company is my pension, so the obvious question for me is how do I get my money out, hence the planning. Also I don't want the company to fail after I leave, so I got to find another Charltonkerry to take my place, think before I give up totally at the moment I want another 8 or 9 years so I will be around 70.

Blurbreezer54 and Jan Bromley have both recently mentioned that for various reasons they are stuck indoors for long periods, and this has made me think, what am I'm going to do, when that fatal day comes, and I have to retire, I got no interests other than work or football, I won't want to sit there and vegetate, I will need to keep my brain active. Won't be able to do anything to active, due to my knees, hips, shoulders etc.. Think this might be a big problem for me, will have to put my thinking hat on. I will need to get out the house, as her indoors won't want me under her feet. Oh dear feel this will put a strain on our relationship. If I do manage to carry on to say 70, I would have been working continuously for 54 years, be a shock that first day when I will be unwanted and thrown on the scrap heap of life. Hopefully I will have the health and money to be able to afford a few holidays, but I think I need to find myself a hobby, I know I might take learning about the weather, only problem that won't get me out from under her indoors feet.

Have a great day everyone, and be careful if your travelling.

Funny writing the above has made me feel terrible old today, put a right downer on my day, even made me talk to her that must be disobeyed about the future, after that if you here of a queue on the Dartford bridge today, then don't worry it will just be the police trying to talk me down. To be serious though that little chat with her has made me think seriously about the future, her idea is that we can take off on breaks whenever we want to, and not plan them, that's a totally alien idea to me, but thinking about it, it's certainly got an appeal, my suggestion was perhaps a short notice 110 day world cruise, hers a couple of days in Jersey, can see some more arguments coming in a few years time :-)

For those whose going down the weather related songs, I'm going to include one that's football and weather related, its of course the great Charlton anthem, the song made famous by some Liverpudlian ex Beatle mull of kintyre, Charlton (well Notts forest actually but no ones heard their version) adapted this song so its includes those thought provoking words "mist rolling in from the Thames, my hearts desire" and they say football fans are ignorant.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

3 degrees outside (when will I see you again? etc. :blush: ) but just a light mist, rather than worrisome fog. Hopefully another blue sky day here. B)

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all. A moderate mist here this morning. Current temp 4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all :)

Misty again here this morning, but doesn't look as thick and can see some blue sky so hopefully it won't take long to burn off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen, 2.5oC this morning and although a tad colder than yesterday, there was no clearing of windscreen required, for which I was grateful. The journey to work was misty rather than foggy.  In fact, despite all the warnings, there was more fog yesterday morning in my area, although I expect this part of Hertfordshire has been luckier than others.  I notice from my prison cell high in the attics of the office that the sun has now burned through the mist and I spy a lot of blue sky, with occasional very high cloud.  Looking promising...!

When I got back from work yesterday it was still 14.5oC but feeling much warmer than that, the air smelt fresh and I couldn't bear the thought of being inside on such a beautiful evening.  Decided to visit my daughter's yard to watch her schooling her horse in the floodlit training arena and noticed it was not yet dark at 6.15pm, the temp was still up at 14C and the country lanes had a burr of baby green on the hedgerows.  Really feeling as though Spring has arrived - how nice.  How uplifting.  Hoping everyone has a good day.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Foggy in places on route from Hatfield to Stanmore but not pea soup.

Central london not too bad just some very light fog which will burn off very quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Good morning,

Misty and chilly this morning, and a question.....why can you smell fog? Posted Image

As long as it doesn't smell like pea soup. :unsure:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. No fog here as far as I saw but it is another lovely morning. Hazy blue sky and full sunshine. Birds are chirping and singing and getting ready to mate and raise a family. Awwwwww!

However...they should be wary....Louie is now climbing the trees. (below)

Obviously getting used to the new cat's adventure playground which is the new garden. :D

Have a very good day everyone. :)

Oh bu***r...its on it's side. Sorry. :(

post-17085-0-54165800-1394701962_thumb.j

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 4

Posted

It was a plentifully foggy start in Surbiton, hanging on with purpose until we got to Heathrow where the sun made headway, then as soon as we left Heathrow to go north to Uxbridge the fog reinstated itself with vigour around Hillingdon; now across campus the sun is breaking through and we are just moving from that orangey hue through to bright with hints of blue sky.

We were fortunate to drive past the runway at Heathrow just as a Virgin jumbo had landed. With the sun tinging the fog a pinky-orange, the jet really did look magnificent looming up out of the whitey greyness of the thinning mists; even my son appreciated the slightly spooky slowly moving majestic presence on the horizon, once I could get him to look up from the Youtube vids on his phone.... Of course the people on board were probably just feeling bleary eyed and out of sorts after their overnight flight!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Avoided the fog! Not sure my Argos Delux Weather Station 2000 (SPECIAL EDITION) is feeling well though, it says 22.5c and the outlook is for rain.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Fog just patchy this morning on the way around the north circular and out the 127 towards Southend, a few dense patches but generally not too bad. Cleared up quickly as well to leave another beautiful calm sunny day, long may it last :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon,

From a gloriously sunny Croydon. Not the case on the drive in this morning though, pretty poor visibility all the way from Chislehurst to Croydon, especially between Hayes and Addington, particularly over the now gradually receeding floodwaters of Sparrows Den.

Tom.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely afternoon out there now after a foggy morning. Don't think I could hack this weather for another week though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Afternoon all. Bright and sunny here but seriously foggy down in Bognor, for some reason I cannot copy and past the link to the Bognor Regis webcam but check it out. At first I thought it was offline but nope, it is definately fog, a real pea souper. It has been as clear as a bell down there all morning so this is a classic sea fog or haar forming.

Have a good day.Posted Image

Edited: To include the link.

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

That's incredible - you literally cannot see a thing! I remember experiencing some tremendous haars when visiting my bf in Scarborough in the 80s - it could be a gloriously warm and sunny day inland, but then as you approached the town the fog descended and the temperature dropped like a stone. Quite sad for everyone who had watched the morning weather forecast and then driven there for a lovely  summer's day out at the seaside.

• Like 4

Posted

afternoon all Posted Image

it was soooo foggy this morning i got lost going to work, found myself back at home Posted Image

so glad i had a day off today, just in from a really leisurely stroll with the doggy and its absolutely glorious out now here in SE18.

went shopping earlier, got some salmon to cook. a few lemons and some dill; will blend the lemons up and add some dill then pour over the salmon and cook in foil for short while. a base of tagliatelle and the salmon on top for tea tonight Posted Image

hope everyone are ok Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 7

Posted

Afternoon all. Bright and sunny here but seriously foggy down in Bognor, for some reason I cannot copy and past the link to the Bognor Regis webcam but check it out. At first I thought it was offline but nope, it is definately fog, a real pea souper. It has been as clear as a bell down there all morning so this is a classic sea fog or haar forming.

Have a good day.Posted Image

Edited: To include the link.

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Wow BB, that's some contrast. Hope that's gone for the weekend when we will be back in Brighton! Mind you we at least would get the melancholy sound of the foghorn that sounds near the Marina.

Sometimes in Brighton the fog (sea fret I believe they call it) rolls in and levitates in suitably ethereal fashion on the sea, up the beach and about 200 metres inland, so if you walk north and gain just a little elevation you can see it hanging there as a literal and metaphorical wet blanket over the seaside aspirations of locals and visitors alike.

Beautifully sunny in Harefield where I am stuck in the office and I have just checked the RGS website to see that it is showing 18.7c at home in Reigate. Hopefully it will last for tomorrow when I'll be at home, and then over the weekend.

AS

• Like 6