Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Tom, you seriously dont look old enough to have child of that age.......

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Happy Friday Folks! Bit soupy out there this morning. Looking forward to some sun this Weekend, we've got a pre storm chase pizza making evening tomorrow and then hopefully it's good enough to BBQ on Sunday, although I'm not wild about losing the extra hour in bed, it's a good feeling knowing that Spring is en route and it won't be getting dark at 4pm :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Maybe that's because his profile picture was taken 20 years ago *runs* Sorry Tomasino you know I'm only kidding - a very happy birthday to Antony, I know how proud you are of him and Hayley :-) It's a bit foggy here in MK - hopefully it will clear by the time we go out, I'm taking Mr P to the physiotherapist later this morning !
  • Like 4

Posted

morning MK and everyone. Misty in London as i went over Westminster Bridge on the bus Big Ben had a misty sunny look to it. St James's Park is full of daffodils a big field of yellow

looking very spring like :)

me thinks its time for breakfast... have a good morining everyone TTFN :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

Went out for a very early morning walk; the first of the year, made possible by the increasing daylight and the drying out countryside.

I set off at the time of the dawn chorus, just before sunrise, with a ground frost and light mist. By the time I'd finished, the Sun had cleared most frost and it was all rather pleasant, with Spring growth being evident (although not on a par with how things will develop over the next month) We now have hazy sunshine here now, but it's still chilly.

Only two downers. Firstly, on a country lane, I noticed discarded fast food bottles, bags and containers. On approaching the mess, I saw the seemingly inevitable McDonalds packaging - grrrr!! Secondly, on the final approach to home, I saw a very surly guy, for the first time since I've last done that walk, who I call Mr Dog $#!77erer - he doesn't appear to go far enough for me to justify calling him a walker. He's a middle aged guy, who seems to only go far enough for his hound to make a pile or two, away from the vicinity of his house. I speculate that he must hate the increasing daylight, as he's the sort of bloke who looks like he'd appreciate darkness to hide his mutt's use of the pavement. I always make the point of making eye contact with the guy and saying hello to him, as he seems not to appreciate it. Posted Image

Have a good POETS day and enjoy the ( hopefully ) pleasant weekend - even if it is a short one. Posted Image

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thank you Lloyd, I am seriously old enough, believe me, seriously old! Posted Image

Maybe that's because his profile picture was taken 20 years ago *runs*

Sorry Tomasino you know I'm only kidding - a very happy birthday to Antony, I know how proud you are of him and Hayley :-)

It's a bit foggy here in MK - hopefully it will clear by the time we go out, I'm taking Mr P to the physiotherapist later this morning !

Oi, friend, you're off my Xmas card list. Ali, it was taken this century and the photograper, once he'd come out from under his blanket thingy and the smoke had cleared, said he'd be only too happy to snap me again. He also added that the papyrus my photo was printed on, does discolour with time. Posted Image

Joking aside Ali, thanks for those kind words.

Not a word from you either Tamarina, otherwise I'll be having a word with your photographer too! Posted Image

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 7

Thank you Lloyd, I am seriously old enough, believe me, seriously old! Posted Image

Oi, friend, you're off my Xmas card list. Ali, it was taken this century and the photograper, once he'd come out from under his blanket thingy and the smoke had cleared, said he'd be only too happy to snap me again. He also added that the papyrus my photo was printed on, does discolour with time. Posted Image

Not a word from you either Tamarina, otherwise I'll be having a word with your photographer too! Posted Image

Tom.

I tell you, Tom was in training for six months ready for the snow depth cup this winter. I must renew my  membership to the Netweather gym when my legs allow me to walk to the post box Posted Image

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Tom.

Ha ha. That made me giggle, Tom. Hope Antony and all the family have a wonderful day. It is well deserved going by some of your past postings. :)
  • Like 3

Posted

P.S. How do I make these images larger? Help! Posted Image

Tom, don't worry about all that technical stuff, just do what I do and leave the image the same size but eat a lot more!

Happy birthday to Antony - thanks for posting the uplifting photos

Cheers

AS

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Does this mean I can talk Breaking Bad with my pal Lloydyd and Reefseeker without being told to take it outside, or start a thread about it instead? Well Lloydyd and Reefseeker, I really like the way season 3 has started, if it continues like this then Posted Image  Sunny , 14.5c, hazy sunshine though, no laundry to report yet .

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

On topic, it's hazy cloud here today, although the east wind still continues to make itself known for the end of school run 'stand' outside of the school. I really want to do my lunch-time power walk around our super-springy running track as it's great weather for it, but work and computer problems are conspiring. Wonder if we'll get any T&L later, hope so, although preferably when I've got home.

OK, that was slightly moving away from topic in places. Totally off-topic, so very quick, yes Lassie I have seen the whole series, miss it greatly, the end is fine, although the Los Pollos Hermanos seasons are my fave.

• Like 3

Posted

^^

Very well put Tamara, but I wish you hadn't mentioned butler/trouser presser as Godfrey has been in my service for many years and I would hate to lose him, especially with some warmer weather coming up. He'll be very busy over the next few weeks preparing all of my mustard cords for storage ready for the Autumn.

Great post, thanks!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 6

Posted

Afternoon All,

I can only echo all the positive posts regading our little community in this thread, and it's great to see Tamara, Tom and Abruzzi spur back posting more regulary.

As for the weather, after a misty start it's brightend up nicely and feels much warmer than of late.

I'm off work today as it's my daughter's academic review day at school. Got our appointment at 3pm - all I ask is that she has been doing her best so far this year!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Did someone mention that you can find a  Butler on this threadPosted Image  Sunny, dry and warmish, 13.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks Lady T, great post as usual,I did mention the other day that I thought a 23,000 word essay was imminent from your good self but must admit, didn't expect 46,000 words.

Yes those pics are nice of Antony/Hayley thanks but very sobering to think that of the 2 boys in the group photo, the little fella squatting at the front, my cousins son, died of a brain tumour, 2 years ago, aged 26 and, as you know, Antony has his own serious health problems.

On a much happier note, I've been very fortunate to acquire the services of one of the top cooks on the south coast, for the roast that you mention, indeed Cordon Bleu/ Michelin Gold Star, she is! No pressure then hun! (wink)

Everyone's really looking forward to it but it's a great pity your cat boy cant make it, though.

Ciao,

Tomasino

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 5

Posted

Thanks to all of you above for your posts (especially the recently converted AJPoolshark Posted Image )

It's always good to have feedback both positive and negative as it helps the team build a better picture of what people want to see on the forum, as I said we can't please all of the people all of the time but we do try to give all members somewhere they are comfortable posting, hence the existance 0f the regional and less technical threads.

Hopefully everyone is clearer now about what to expect when reading (and posting in) this thread so let's have a nice new one to continue our weather related discussions and friendly chatter ....

link to follow....

• Like 4

Posted

Good afternoon all you good people.Posted Image  I would like to echo the previous positive comments about the friendly little community we have here, and in particular the thoughts of MK and AJ.

There was a flurry of excitement in this otherwise dull suburb earlier this morning with reports of a sink hole appearing in the road about 75yards from my flat.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/breaking-sinkhole-opens-busy-northwood-6889719

False alarm, it turned out be nothing more than a collapsed drain cover. I will avoid making the blindingly obvious puns since CK overegged that particular cake a few weeks ago Posted Image . Anyways, after a misty start and an overcast morning the sun is making a half hearted attempt at breaking through here and the weekend outlook looks quite reasonable so I hope you all enjoy it.

Oh, and Happy Birthday wishes to Antony, Son of Tom.

• Like 6

Posted

Hopefully everyone is clearer now about what to expect when reading (and posting in) this thread so let's have a nice new one to continue our weather related discussions and friendly chatter ....

link to follow....

here it is....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79858-south-east-england-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-280314/

locking this one now Posted Image