Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Evening everyoneUp at 6am this morning as couldn't sleep. Mist was gradually starting to lift as the Sussex 4x4's started hammering up the road to the local school.We grew some beautiful Cb towers over Sussex today but it appears they didn't mature until Egham/West London! So mainly sunshine with a few showers and cloudy patches....and the spring cleaning is progressing well (kitchen floor now done!)A perky (or should I say parky!) 7degC here today...although nights have been Joan Armatrading (down to zero) ...Heating back on low  for the piggies but I'm still smiling as I haven't switched the underfloor heating on once this winter owing to the much milder temps so the monthly duel fuel DD can  be reduced at the next (imminent) meter readingLooking forward to the weekend - especially the clocks going forwards and the warmer weather. I "might" even get my first cut on the lawn done.Sweet dreams all.xxxx 

• Like 4

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

cor look east

Good evening JP and thanks as always for your excellent posts. Posted Image

Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I get the impression that in the last couple of years areas to the north and east of our region are becoming Thunderstorm Central. Lincolnshire in particular seems to be a thunderstorm magnet, along with the north east coast. The 30 year Met Office records from ( I think ) 1971-2001 had the South East as the most active region for thunderstorms, but the balance has apparently shifted.

That said Iv'e heard more thunder in the first 3 months of this year than I heard in the whole of 2013 so no complaints from me. Just interested in  your thoughts on that.

BB54Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Here is a newspaper link about the Worthing storm this evening: http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11109211.Worthing_hit_by_freak_storm

At 7:50pm we had a huge bolt of lightning which shook the house a little, followed by a lot of hail. It only lasted about 5 minutes but was enough to make the road and the cars white on the surface.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

How much of the beeb is left in White City, large parts have relocated. 4.9c, missed all the storm action today, not one drop of rain in fact.

I've no idea, I don't work for them directly. Up there for different reasons.

Posted

hi bb

hope your well

i know we have had cooler seas over the last few years which always seemed to kill the storms as they hit the channel

i have noticed the north gaining more storms lately

i think the storms seem to weaken as they hit the south but seem to kick off when the hit urban areas(london certainly)and then go back to the north of it

could be interesting this year as sea temps around the south - south east are higher than i have seen for a while

however if we get the flow from the west

Posted Image

we certainly wont get the wild atlantic storms due to the sea temps dropping away very quickly

and would be cooler too

• Like 1

Posted

monday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

warm southerly flow

still got the possibilty of pm storms there

temps around 14-15 degrees and could actually feel humid

still waiting tuesday

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Been fed and watered, done some jobs and manged to dodge the showers whilst out earlier, nothing exciting here though

Doh indeed. In my defence I wasn't really expecting to even get out this afternoon, let alone be presented with photogenic weather. For added irony my drive out was originally only intended to complete the formalities of renewing my Photocard driving license. I had a bit of a result in the Post Office though. They were selling 8GB Sandisk memory cards off at £1.99 a pop !!

So in summary an afternoon seemingly centred on all things photographic it would seem. Shame about the flat battery.

Hope all are well and it's good to see some familiar faces posting again. Welcome backPosted Image

I have managed to accrue a large supply of cheap mini SD disks from 1mb to 8mb, been quite handy with the phone camera that I use :)

• Like 1

Posted

Being in london we do get some potent storms meanwhile those outer london don't. I guess the is due to the Urban Heat Island which encases all of london and the surrounding areas, the added heat/moisture acts as a fuel and notches up the gear of the potency, we never do bad for storms here. But then you get potent storms popping up, up north, weather is a funny business.

Hope you're all well - stay safe, night all :lazy:

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

tuesday

Posted Image

southerly flow

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

still warm but slightly lower than the last few days

12-14 degrees

again a chance of some pm storms brewing from the south Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

I have just had one hell of a thumping headache come on, no idea if it is weather related though (change in the air?)

Posted

ecm ensembles

temps

Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

rain

Posted Image

cooling down from the 4th

however a spread in temps on the 4th and rainfall means thats fi at present

Posted

ecm ensembles

temps

Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

rain

Posted Image

cooling down from the 4th

however a spread in temps on the 4th and rainfall means thats fi at present

no go breaking the warm spring now will you! *waves finger*

Posted

hi jax Posted Image

Posted Image

again a spread there on the 4th

looks fairly warm until then

nice to see the precipitation spikes nice and low

anyway off now

goodnight all Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

hi jax Posted Image

Posted Image

again a spread there on the 4th

looks fairly warm until then

nice to see the precipitation spikes nice and low

anyway off now

goodnight all Posted Image

Night JP I am off to the sleepy time too :)

Posted

Erm.....why not start a thread in 'The Lounge' about this TV series.

+1 good call Keraunophile :) 

Maybe all those in here posting about their pants drying on the line, sick animals et al can also take such topics to the lounge.

I come here to report & view the local weather events in my region, not scroll through off topic mundane posts.

On topic ~ The Chilterns had every possible shield up as usual, no thunderstorms or anything of note weatherwise happening here. Even rainfall diverted itself to the North of the region. Pretty chilly cold breeze for the last 24hrs though. 

Currently : 

Temperature 2.2°CHumidity 97%Dewpoint 1.7°CWind NEBarometer 1013.0 hPa & SteadyRain Rate 0.0 mm/hrToday's Rain 0.0 mm

• Like 4

Posted

Morning All, hope everyone is as well as can be expected. Foggy again this morning, but no frost, heavy dew. Pleased its not raining as I have got to have a new windscreen fitted today, a crack that got worse as a result of one of the very few frosts we had last winter. Funny how I managed to get the new window fitted on a Friday :-)

Finished my drawing yesterday, must be the worse one I every produced, hopefully I have managed to convey my thoughts onto paper in an understandable manner. As I have mentioned we have been very successful in gaining work since Christmas, and like a lot of companies its the end of the financial year coming up, this has led us to look at exactly what work is unfinished or even un started, amazingly we have just on contracts got double on the books already for this year than we achieved to the end of this year. Think its going to be a busy year, might need to employ some more people as well.

Hope you all have an enjoyable day and whatever you do or got planned for the weekend,mi hope its a great success, have a brilliant POETS day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, early start as I have to head down to Benfleet after work so I decided to fill the car up this morning to avoid the hassle during rush hour.

A little frosty and foggy here, though the sun is trying to fight through. Looks like a warmer day today and then properly warm by the weekend.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, hope everyone is as well as can be expected. Foggy again this morning, but no frost, heavy dew. Pleased its not raining as I have got to have a new windscreen fitted today, a crack that got worse as a result of one of the very few frosts we had last winter. Funny how I managed to get the new window fitted on a Friday :-)Finished my drawing yesterday, must be the worse one I every produced, hopefully I have managed to convey my thoughts onto paper in an understandable manner. As I have mentioned we have been very successful in gaining work since Christmas, and like a lot of companies its the end of the financial year coming up, this has led us to look at exactly what work is unfinished or even un started, amazingly we have just on contracts got double on the books already for this year than we achieved to the end of this year. Think its going to be a busy year, might need to employ some more people as well.Hope you all have an enjoyable day and whatever you do or got planned for the weekend,mi hope its a great success, have a brilliant POETS day.

And you CK,

Good to hear you're doing well, worth all the hassle at the end of the day.

Cool and damp here where I'm staying in Walton, travelling home in what should be good weather later.  Have a good weekend everyone

• Like 1

Posted

Although you do have a point, most of us visit the forum for more than just weather alone, it is also a community, don't think many people would bother if all posts consisted of just temp, humidity and dewpoint etc. I certainly wouldn't, that is what the daily general weather chat thread is for as far as I'm concerned.

Agree BJ.    Edit: its Foggy.

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fog has cleared here. Now got some hazy sunshine. Have a good Friday everyone :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Sunny but a bit cloudy at the mo...but it's a typical late March morning; very pleasant with the birds singing and leaves budding.

I hope I haven't caused any bother or too much misunderstanding with my earlier post about the TV series. I realised the said series was obviously popular so a thread in the lounge would be a good idea for folks to discuss it should they want to.

Yes...!this is a community and...like friends and neighbours, we do like to hear about the goings on of our fellows. I do at least. And of course

..in true English fashion...we love to talk 'weather' as well. A nice !mixture of

things....including our beloved pets, Y-Fronts and bloomers :D and work.

Have a good Poets day folks. :)

Hazy! That's the word I was groping for...not cloudy. Thanks Captain Shortwave. :)

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Mornin each. Sunny but a bit cloudy at the mo...but it's a typical late March morning; very pleasant with the birds singing and leaves budding.

I hope I haven't caused any bother or too much misunderstanding with my earlier post about the TV series. I realised the said series was obviously popular so a thread in the lounge would be a good idea for folks to discuss it should they want to.

Yes...!this is a community and...like friends and neighbours, we do like to hear about the goings on of our fellows. I do at least. And of course

..in true English fashion...we love to talk 'weather' as well. A nice !mixture of

things....including our beloved pets, Y-Fronts and bloomers Posted Image and work.

Have a good Poets day folks. Posted Image

Hazy! That's the word I was groping for...not cloudy. Thanks Captain Shortwave. Posted Image

No offence taken from my end K x

Well I thought it would be a great idea last night whilst running and playing with my 5YO, to slam my foot into his stableisers on his bike and in doing so, ive broken my little toe and chipped a bone in the one next to it. Lovely!!

Pea soup on route down the A1 early doors. It amazes me that you still get (quite a few) complete idiots who not only do not have thier fog lights on, but think its perfectly ok for them to do around 90MPH with NO LIGHTS ON at all!!!

Seems to have cleared up in London fog wise....

• Like 3