Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

A couple of rumbles of thunder here, no lightning that I saw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Driving through Bletchley at around 1.15pm when theres a big flash - everybody ducks and BANG! Booooomshanka!

Being Bletchley they probably all ran for cover in Cash Converters or one of the many charity shops Posted Image

The hailstones didn't do much for the spring flowers - they took a bit of a battering still the parks trust have planted over 200,000 bulbs here in the last 7 years ....

http://www.theparkstrust.com/about-us/media-centre/post/371-a-host-of-golden-daffodils

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Being Bletchley they probably all ran for cover in Cash Converters or one of the many charity shops Posted Image

The hailstones didn't do much for the spring flowers - they took a bit of a battering still the parks trust have planted over 200,000 bulbs here in the last 7 years ....

http://www.theparkstrust.com/about-us/media-centre/post/371-a-host-of-golden-daffodils

Always an enigma?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Well was another damp and cool start to the day here, then it seemed to dry up a bit, made up for it around midday, came in very dark and then a long  period of  heavy rain arrived, only now starting to clear and brighten up.  Apart from a bit of hail included there has been nothing else here, certainly no T&L that I saw/heard anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Is Bletchley that bad now? Last time I was there I was nine years old and it was quite rural then. Mind you, it's quite a few years since I was nine. :D
  • Like 1

Posted

No thunder/lightning here - just light drizzle how boring, to make matters even more dreary, it's 6.9c and not pleasant when outside, I'm looking forward to the warmer period coming up, who knows how long it will last, but I will certainly make the most of it :good:

Relieved that the apparent plane crash 2 miles of gran canaria; was mistaken for a boat god knows how :)

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all.Posted Image

Just as I was heading out the front door this afternoon a cheeky rumble of thunder sent me back indorrs to pick up my camera, and off I set. No lightning seen, nor any further thunder heard but the skies were very photogenic. Some nice cauliflower cloud heads in evidence, along with some dark clouds and a few few rain and hail shafts. It all looked promising.

Shame the battery was flat on my camera then really.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Just as I was heading out the front door this afternoon a cheeky rumble of thunder sent me back indorrs to pick up my camera, and off I set. No lightning seen, nor any further thunder heard but the skies were very photogenic. Some nice cauliflower cloud heads in evidence, along with some dark clouds and a few few rain and hail shafts. It all looked promising.

DOH!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I've done something similar. Raced out to catch some a very nice sunrise a year or so ago. Tried to take a picture. Camera unresponsive. I even mentally said 'What's the matter with you, you @*$#!! Don't mess around now!' Posted Image...

Then I remembered my fully charged batteries were still in their charger at home. The time had passed and I cursed myself driving home. Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

I've done something similar. Raced out to catch some a very nice sunrise a year or so ago. Tried to take a picture. Camera unresponsive. I even mentally said 'What's the matter with you, you @*$#!! Don't mess around now!' Posted Image...

Then I remembered my fully charged batteries were still in their charger at home. The time had passed and I cursed myself driving home. Posted Image

Double DOH! ?

think we have all done similar (I have anyway)

• Like 2

Posted

Right I am quickly away as I want to do a few jobs round the fleeting showers passing this way.

back later I hope :)

• Like 1

Posted

Just had one giant clap of thunder - but unlike earlier is accompaniment is torrential rain not hail, it's certainly been an eventful day here !

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

My android app lightning detector has detected a storm to the south about 6km+! Towards the south east coast

• Like 1

Posted

Always an enigma?

post-10773-0-18143000-1395944556_thumb.j

Is Bletchley that bad now? Last time I was there I was nine years old and it was quite rural then. Mind you, it's quite a few years since I was nine. :D

Sadly it's gone the way of many small rural towns !
  • Like 1

Posted

Just had one giant clap of thunder - but unlike earlier is accompaniment is torrential rain not hail, it's certainly been an eventful day here !

Captured forever! :)post-11059-0-70834300-1395945745_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Apparently, that lightning this morning struck a level crossing at Needham Market and disrupted trains. It'll take engineers until around mid night to fix it.

• Like 1

Posted

Apparently, that lightning this morning struck a level crossing at Needham Market and disrupted trains. It'll take engineers until around mid night to fix it.

It definitely sounded like a big strike, due to the length of time the thunder seemed to rumble, as described by you and cloudsabove. :good:

• Like 2