Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Don't they ever learn?????????

No models can predict the weather accurately four months ahead, only GOD knows what kind of summer we will have!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

120 DAYS OF HOT SUNSHINE: Britain set to bask in longest summer since 1910 say forecasters THE WHOLE of Britain is about to roast in a scorching FOUR-MONTH super-summer with temperatures hitting 100F within weeks experts say. THE ENTIRE COUNTRY is heading for the hottest summer in HISTORY - one that will put even last year's sizzling heatwave in the shade.

Early long-range weather models predict scorching temperatures and wall-to-wall sunshine will arrive in May and hold out until the end of August.

Forecasters said late spring will “light the blue touch paper†for the mercury to rocket with the potential for summer weather records dating back to 1910 to tumble.

"We are looking at an extreme summer. May is set to light the blue touch paper for some very decent weather

Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services"

What is Jonathan Powell an expert in, exactly? It isn't meteorolgy that's for sure!

So it's official, this summer will suck, as the exact opposite of what the Daily Express forecasts, always happens!

What a shock that the long-range forecast from Vantage doesn't exactly match the hardcore ramping from The Daily Express?!?!

http://vantageweatherservices.co.uk/3.html

The ue of "perhaps" and "we may see" always makes me chuckle... But you have to admire their blatant attempt to cover EVERY possible outcome!!!! Posted Image

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Hahahaha!!! From what I can ascertain, the summer of 1910 was dreadful!!!http://www.london-weather.eu/article.50.htmlThat link seems to be accurate having looked at other PDF's (which would be a pain to trawl through).Why do people buy that rubbish?? Not even fit for the khazi!!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Hahahaha!!! From what I can ascertain, the summer of 1910 was dreadful!!!http://www.london-weather.eu/article.50.htmlThat link seems to be accurate having looked at other PDF's (which would be a pain to trawl through).Why do people buy that rubbish?? Not even fit for the khazi!!

HA HA they can't even pick a decent summer from history to back up their article. What a bunch of melon heads!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

120 DAYS OF HOT SUNSHINE: Britain set to bask in longest summer since 1910 say forecasters THE WHOLE of Britain is about to roast in a scorching FOUR-MONTH super-summer with temperatures hitting 100F within weeks experts say. THE ENTIRE COUNTRY is heading for the hottest summer in HISTORY - one that will put even last year's sizzling heatwave in the shade.

Early long-range weather models predict scorching temperatures and wall-to-wall sunshine will arrive in May and hold out until the end of August.

Forecasters said late spring will “light the blue touch paper†for the mercury to rocket with the potential for summer weather records dating back to 1910 to tumble.

"We are looking at an extreme summer. May is set to light the blue touch paper for some very decent weather

Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services"

What is Jonathan Powell an expert in, exactly? It isn't meteorolgy that's for sure!

So it's official, this summer will suck, as the exact opposite of what the Daily Express forecasts, always happens!

rememberPosted Image the record busting cold winter we were "forecast" to have. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

Wednesday was as cold as its been all winter..ne winds, overcast, drizzle..bahh Posted Image

warmer for the weekend..an early season waft of warmish continental air on the way..Posted Image

Posted

rememberPosted Image the record busting cold winter we were "forecast" to have. Posted Image

Never happened, yet they still claim to be correct! Shame on them.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Coopsy, March 27, 2014 - Not worth it
Hidden by Coopsy, March 27, 2014 - Not worth it

Erm.....why not start a thread in 'The Lounge' about this TV series.

Erm....why?

• Like 2
Posted

Morning all, hope everyone fit and well, foggy and frosty here in frozen Dartford. I could throw in a few more F's but I properly be banned:-). Think romance could be in the air Mr blackbird is chirping away and I think there could be a response, let's hope so anyway. Drawing and designing day today in horrible 'arlow, so M25 bound, hope the fog clears otherwise might be fun,

Have a good day everyone, enjoy your selfs.

Edit bit, for you people you get up late, it really was foggy and frosty at 05:30 this morning, honest. Now 06:15 and frost is melting fast and fog disappeared. What the chances of another gold star as I'm almost 100% on topic again that's twice in a few weeks :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all.

The car is a bit icy this morning, but it's a dry and sunny start to the day here. Good chance for some decent showers today by the looks of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Good morning all.  2oC this morning.  A wee scrape needed on the windscreen but the air is wonderfully dry compared to yesterday and consequently feeling less cold.  A beautiful morning.  Cloudless sky when I drove to work although a fair bit of it seems to be drifting over WGC as I type.  Did I dream it was snowing yesterday.....?  Roll on the warmer weather for the weekend.  Have a nice day y'all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. There was a very heavy hail/rain event early this morning. Then a good, long and loud rumble of thunder at about 05:10. Very nice to hear and a great opening salvo to the day.

Hope you all have a good day. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning Gang and weclome home Tam.

A lovely but nippy start to the day with a lovely sunrise. Looking forward to some warmth this weekend (should bode well for my bootsale).

On a sad note, I finish my contract at Lloyds Banking tomorrow (after nearly 3 years) and I will hence be unemployed. I hope not for long but on the off chance that anyone is looking for an IT purchasing manager then let me know Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Mornin each. There was a very heavy hail/rain event early this morning. Then a good, long and loud rumble of thunder at about 05:10. Very nice to hear and a great opening salvo to the day.

Hope you all have a good day. Posted Image

Yes, I must have been sleeping facing the window as I was woken by a bright flash, and immediately thought 'Lightning' so I readied myself for the thunder, which seemed to be very strong and go on for ages. I think I am still alarmed by thunder that wakes me, a throwback to childhood. But this was OK, and I got up to look out the window but saw nothing, except all was very still. I went back to sleep and didn't hear any hail or rainfall. Although ice is still sitting on ground in patches, in the shade, even now. Bright and sunny here, which is nice. Hope it dries out a little!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Somewhat more benign here today, so far, with hazy sunshine and we didn't get the thunder (as far as I'm aware) that folk slightly to my north experienced.

The latest radar is showing heavy rain off the Dutch coast. Whether it impacts here later on, or passes to my north (and affects more northern parts of the region) I'm not sure, but suspect it'll mostly miss me.

• Like 1

Posted

There was medium excitement on the drive home around the M25 from Uxbridge to Surbiton yesterday as what was falling from the sky fell splodgily on the windscreen, which in winter causes great excitement due to the likelihood of snow; however excitement could only be medium in March with the temperature showing 4 degrees and us assuming it was only very slight sleet. Ah well, does this count as viewing a snowflake? Sadly I think not. Humid looking clouds in the sky this morning tinged pinky as the sun tries to show itself.

Have a lovely day everyone; nice to see you back Tamara:)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Working near Lincoln today, heard 2 sporadic loud rumbles earlier on! Pretty awesome start to 2014 for convection tbh.

I'm in pompey for 3 weeks as from Monday. Imports are looking a possibility too! Exciting times ahead I feel

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

There was medium excitement on the drive home around the M25 from Uxbridge to Surbiton yesterday as what was falling from the sky fell splodgily on the windscreen, which in winter causes great excitement due to the likelihood of snow; 

I've really missed driving in the snow ....I think it's great especially at night ......

post-10773-0-29919300-1395918444_thumb.j

I'm having a bit of a paperwork/admin day here what with end of financial year coming up and all that .... I don't think I'm missing much weather wise though it looks a bit like dirty dish water out there at the moment, there was a light frost first thing and it was slightly misty late last night .....I'm so looking forward to a day off and a sunny Sunday Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just an observation but....it seems odd to have heavy showers with hail and thunder in the early morning at this time of the year.Don't they usually happen in the PM?

Anyway...some nice looking clouds around atm. Could we be in for some more?

post-17085-0-05626600-1395918835_thumb.j

post-17085-0-95491100-1395918903_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

Just an observation but....it seems odd to have heavy showers with hail and thunder in the early morning at this time of the year.Don't they usually happen in the PM?Anyway...some nice looking clouds around atm. Could we be in for some more?

Likely generated over the relatively warm sea overnight, which then moved onshore. :)

• Like 2

Posted

The 06 GFS run shows above average temperatures from Saturday till next Thursday. B)

All good, as far as I'm concerned. Posted Image

post-11059-0-85045400-1395919941_thumb.ppost-11059-0-16434100-1395919953_thumb.ppost-11059-0-32359200-1395919960_thumb.ppost-11059-0-98755100-1395919970_thumb.ppost-11059-0-38069500-1395919977_thumb.ppost-11059-0-30160000-1395919984_thumb.p

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Im REALLY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some selfish Bast**d has only gone and shot my cloud right in the heart!!! What is the world coming to eh? Posted Image

post-11316-0-74360300-1395921047_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The 06 GFS run shows above average temperatures from Saturday till next Thursday. Posted Image

All good, as far as I'm concerned. Posted Image

Excellent, I'd rather look forward to summer now than back to a winter that never was, I still feel a bit cheated about not getting the 100 days of snow though, and I've missed silly things like watching the outside broadcasts with reporters in remote 'snowed in' locations - at least there has been plenty of action on the other side of the pond to keep me entertained Posted Image

.......it's started to rain here now, typically when I was just thinking about going out to get some lunch !

• Like 3

Posted

Morning Gang and weclome home Tam.

A lovely but nippy start to the day with a lovely sunrise. Looking forward to some warmth this weekend (should bode well for my bootsale).

On a sad note, I finish my contract at Lloyds Banking tomorrow (after nearly 3 years) and I will hence be unemployed. I hope not for long but on the off chance that anyone is looking for an IT purchasing manager then let me know Posted Image

Sorry to hear about the job lloydydPosted Image  You can have a few days off and watch the entire series of Breaking Bad and let me know whether it is worth sticking with. 13.5c, sunny.....for now.

• Like 3