Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Nighty night all :lazy: make sure you shelter your plants from the freezing temps; a hard frost can do some damage. weather report: cold and clear - 2.1c a rare air frost looms :)

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Just checking in.

Well we actually escaped a great deal of the showers here today, which was good. Meant we got some stuff sorted in the garden.

Rather chilly this evening.

Thank you as always to JP and others for weather runs and forecasts.

Have a good Monday!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well woke up early because I was COLD and sure enough there's a ground frost this morning.,.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all, a cold and frosty morning today, cars and roofs all white, a nice crescent moon and a single solitary bird warbling away, clear sky's. Designing awaits, so have a good one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Good morning all.  Work IT system has actually let me in here this morning!  -.5o this morning requiring a lot of ice sraping and spraying of the car.  Absolutely clear and endless blue sky in stark contrast to the white trees and grass.  A beautiful morning and nearly kept driving north on the A1....

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, the car is iced up this morning, just a sharp frost. This coming week looks quite cool and mixed with some rain at times and a chilly easterly wind from midweek.

Posted

Morning :)

Down to 1c here overnight with a bit of a frost. My little one wondered why he had to wear a coat as it was so sunny but soon changed his mind when we started the walk to school!

Have a good day all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Lovely bright sunshine with the remnants of last night’s frost lingering in the shady places, looks like we have the three C's ......Chilly, Calm and Clear....have a nice day Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely winters morning, shame it's not winter though. Nonetheless, beautiful clear blue skies, a chill in the air and a little frost overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

What frost? I stayed snuggled up under the duvet until nearly 08:30 and seems the sun has already removed the frost, just a few damp spots in the shade to hint at what was.

Will give the birds cage a clean in a while, pull out the ironing for later and dust/vacuum upstairs a bit later as it seems a good spring like day for cleaning (not looking forward to the kitchen floor though as that needs a clean too)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

Got rained on yesterday by a large shower passing through leigh, killed the bootsale sadly. A lovely morning with clear blue skies....just lovely, albeit a little cold.

Posted

I am getting prepped for the carboot season here, still a bit early in the season yet, but hope to shift a lot of stuff once the good weather holds, was even saying about it just yesterday with my mother as she wants to sell as many of the cards and other things she has made over the winter, I just want to make some space and clear out my stuff that is no longer needed but too good to throw.

Nice bright and sunny morning here, dry too, but looking on the radar I can see that may all change later.

Posted

Car on charge (seems it needed it) and kitchen floor now clean(er) than it was before, cockatiels have already christened it (thanks bud), washing away in the airing cupboard and swept the back yard (and it is t-shirt weather too out in the sun), ironing keeps looking at me (think I will save it for after dark and the telly is on), once you start spring cleaning it is hard to know when to stop.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Lovely bright sunshine with the remnants of last night’s frost lingering in the shady places, looks like we have the three C's ......Chilly, Calm and Clear....have a nice day Posted Image

was more frost this morning then the whole of winter :)

i prefer the three B's

bath

bottle

bed

:lol:

morning (just) all :)

Posted

i prefer the three B's

bath

bottle

bed

Posted Image

Now that is more like it, but sadly will have to wait until payday.

Been out and about the yard and still t-shirt weather here, quite liking it, topped up the car screen washer thingy, when I get paided I will invest in a bag of potting compost and repot some of my house plants as they appear to need some fresh soil, plus I have a cutting that is screaming to be potted now (it has been in water for months).

Posted

The sunshine is giving the plants a gorgeous silvery sheen in the Ouzel Valley Park today ...

post-10773-0-01832800-1395665204_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

mmmm car boot sales - have been going since I was about ten years old. Went to the MK Bowl car boot for the first time yesterday - cant wait until Spring Sproings - it'll be huuuuge.

Still a nice day out there too. Off to paint some bicycle forks.

Posted

Coldest night this March with a recorded -4.8°C at 5.58am ...beating the previous -3.6c at the beginning of the month.

Certainly the coldest night of Spring, so far and the second lowest overnight temperature of 2014 here in my part of the world.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Beautiful day, sunny all day with some fair weather cloud about. A chilly breeze but a real pleasant Spring day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. Posted Image

Very pleasant here this afternoon, with a temperature of 10C. This followed on from a frost this morning, when I had a 'red' frost warning in the car; very rare here during this cold period - late Autumn to early Spring.

The fact that the Sun is so much stronger and we had light winds, means that the coolish day has felt absolutely fine.

Any news from Tamara and Tom (Kentish Tom)? They've both not posted for a while now. Posted Image I hope to see them here very soon, personally. They are missed.

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 6

Posted

Coldest night of the winter/spring got down to -2.3c I feel for those in the Chilterns with that elevation your almost guaranteed to get a few cm of snows, this has not been the case this winter. Me being in London I have slightly lower expectations, Perhaps next winter will be a snow fest i made my appearance too late :p It has certainly been a cool day especially when in the shade.

Btw concerning Tamara, she sent me this via pm on the 19th of March.

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the message - I've been away for the last couple of days. It's been a struggle, but hopefully things will be fine

Tams

Hope she is alright, she is treasured on this forum :good: not the same without her imho.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Evening each. Been a busy day up to now. Nippers first full day at nursery so caught up with some jobs and phone calls prior to going back to Naaaarich.

Anyway...its been lovely and sunny but it was a chilly morning.

Hope you all had a good day. :)

• Like 3

Posted

Any news from Tamara and Tom (Kentish Tom)? They've both not posted for a while now. Posted Image I hope to see them here very soon, personally. They are missed.

They are fine - I've had contact with both of them today, I'm sure they will be posting again soon but each of them have got various other things going on in their lives, but they both appreciate the concern and folk asking about them :-)
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all.

A lovely white start to the day here today (shame it wasn't of the fluffy stuff about 15cms deep) ha

The day has followed on the same note in the sense of it being lovely blue skies, and a glorious sun.

The weekend was different especially Saturday. We had hefty showers (quick in duration) with the odd bit of wet snow thrown in for good measure.

Had a really mixed weekend personally. The great and proud news is that my 6yo son, came third in his first gymnastics comp. he was soooo happy, and when he went onto the podium to collect his medal, me and Mrs LeighD had a few proud tears in our eyes... The bad news is that I tore my hamstring running last night :-( in quite a lot of pain now..

Have a good evening guys. Laters...

• Like 5