Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon my friends

xx to Alixzandra (you are welcome) keep the faith.

As AJ said (and think has discovered) this thread is about the weather but it is a weather community of like minded people that like/love/care and the friendship as bjkent it said draws you back, one of the best homes on the internet I have been able to find (might explain why I keep coming back too).

Think we keep the balance, mood and sense here rather well.

And it has been a rather breezy day here, plenty of debris (mainly bins) being blown about here, it has remained dry so far and even had the sun pop out  few times during the day too, but feeling cooler in the wind.

I trust and hope you all have a good day and for those that need it heres a hug for you Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The sun came out earlier just as I left for the bank so on my drive back I stopped off at the Peace Pagoda by Willen Lake for a bit of mind clearing and ‘meditation’ – I realised it was the Vernal Equinox as well as International Day of Happiness (also day 6 of my #100daysofhappiness) and came over all ‘Wordsworth’ when I saw these Daffs (they are a bit like me really, past their best but still glorious in the sunshine Posted Image )

post-10773-0-04323400-1395333409_thumb.j

I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud  

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,  

A host of golden daffodils,

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,  

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Posted Image x

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 8

Posted

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the perfect winter set up Posted Image

overnight though might give a surprise or 2

thats assuming these are right

anway back later with the updates

hope your all good

john

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Outlook for Saturday to Monday: FROM MET

Staying colder and showery into Saturday, some showers heavy and wintry. Showers gradually easing during Sunday. Windy with risk of gales, mostly around coasts. Mostly dry Monday with lighter winds.

Updated: 1528 on Thu 20 Mar 2014

• Like 1

Posted

Nice to see you around this morning CharltonKerry, guessed you were probably busy designing! Good result for your lot the other night, need to win the rest of those games in hand now.

Hope you enjoy your dayPosted Image

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

MARCH LAST YEAR FROM THE MET

England diary of highlights

The month began fine and settled, and, after some frosty nights to begin with, it briefly became quite mild. However, most of the rest of the month was bitterly cold with persistent easterly winds, snowfalls at times, and day-time temperatures struggling to rise much above freezing. Persistent heavy rain in south-west England from 21st to 22nd turned to widespread heavy snow across northern England from 22nd to 24th.

The mean temperature was 3.6 °C below the 1981-2010 average, and this was the coldest March since 1962 and the second coldest in the series since 1910. Mean maximum temperatures were more than 7 °C lower than in March 2012; across Central England this was the coldest March for maximum temperatures in a series from 1878. It was rather drier than normal in the north-west, but rather wetter in parts of the east and south, averaging out at 103% of the long-term average rainfall overall. Eastern and south-eastern areas were notably dull, and the overall sunshine total was 71% of the long-term average.

1st to 6th:

It was generally dry on 1st, with the best sunshine in the north and west, but there was patchy drizzle for southern coasts. With high pressure dominating, it was dry with sunny spells from 2nd until 5th; frosty at night, but increasingly mild by day, Gravesend (Kent) reaching 17.1 °C on 5th. It was slightly cloudier on 6th but still generally mild.

7th to 14th:

It became more unsettled on 7th, with rain spreading from the south. Rain in southern areas, heavy at times, spread eastwards on 8th, Manston (Kent) recording 28 mm. On 9th a band of rain, sleet and snow affected central and eastern areas, and it felt chilly in an easterly wind. The 10th was much colder than of late, with a strong east wind and snow showers for eastern areas. It remained cold on 11th with strong north-east winds and snow showers, and an area of more persistent rain and snow for the Channel Islands where Jersey Airport recorded 5 cm snow-depth. Still cold, with scattered coastal snow showers on 12th, and an area of snow over the south-east and the Channel Islands where Guernsey recorded 14 cm snow-depth. After a frosty start, 13th was another cold day with frequent snow showers. The 14th began with temperatures dipping to -8.1 °C at Benson (Oxfordshire) and -8.2 °C at Shap (Cumbria), but during the day there was rain for the north-west and showers in the south-east.

15th to 21st:

It was milder but wetter on 15th with rain for many areas. A band of rain cleared from eastern areas on the afternoon of 16th, while the south-west had some showers and occasional thunder and also snow over higher ground. The 17th started with a band of rain, sleet and snow for central and southern areas spreading from the west, clearing in the afternoon. The 18th was mostly cloudy, with patchy rain in the north and scattered showers in the south-east. Any showers on 19th were confined to the coasts, inland areas remaining generally dry with sunny spells though cool. It was generally overcast on 20th with light rain for central and eastern areas, and again cool. A bright start for most on 21st, but rain, already in the far south-west by dawn, spread northwards accompanied by strengthening south-easterly winds. In the south-west the rain was heavy and Plymouth (Devon) recorded 58 mm.

22nd to 31st:

The 22nd felt bitterly cold, with strong south-east winds and a band of rain and snow spreading from the west giving significant depths on higher ground from the Midlands northwards. Snow continued in northern areas on 23rd with Bingley (North Yorkshire) recording a depth of 22 cm; it remained bitterly cold, with day-time temperatures struggling to rise above 0 °C in central areas. The snow was restricted to eastern areas on 24th and became lighter and patchier. Winds eased slightly but it remained cold. There were light and scattered snow showers on 25th in the north and north-east, with other areas brighter but remaining cold. Snow showers continued for northern and north-eastern areas on 26th and 27th in a strong easterly wind. Showers were much fewer on 28th and 29th; it remained cold with an easterly breeze but more areas saw the sun. A few more snow showers for eastern coastal areas on 30th, but remaining areas dry with sunny spells. The 31st was another dry, bright but cold day, after a minimum of -8.7 °C at Shap (Cumbria).

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

tonights weather

see above

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a breezy but less strong south west to west wind

rainfall

Posted Image

looks likely going by the fax chart it should stay dry

although cloudy

temps

Posted Image

around 10-12 degrees and maybe slightly lower the far north of the region

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a breezy variable mainly west-north west flow

rainfall

Posted Image

starts dry but late overnight rain moving through

temps

Posted Image

cold and frost starts to become noticeable

but once the rain gets here temps will increase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a cold sourced south west wind veering north west later

rainfall

Posted Image

looks dry am

patchy drizzle and cloud moving in pm

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

a cold and raw day

temps 6-8 degrees and maybe lower to the north and east of our region

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday night

Posted Image

a cold north west wind

rain

Posted Image

some light showers around

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

cold

but frost unlikely due to cloud and wind

i would not rule out the odd wintry shower overnight

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

quite a breezy north west wind and cold

rainfall

Posted Image

starts dry but expect showers in the afternoon

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 6-7 degrees

there is a chance we may see some wintry showers pm if the showers are heavy enough

call at present is rain but that may change on tomorrows update

so overall

cold and will feel colder in the wind

back later with the rest

• Like 4

Posted

Thanks for the constant simplified updates, much appreciated John :good:

I thought there was potential for some wintriness, I got shot down, but I may have the last laugh - if only we was in January im sure snow would have been the overwhelming signal :p On to the weather, it was a windy day, never expected it, there were some large gusts it lightened up in the afternoon, and felt rather nice. I've had some troubles with my arm, i foolishly stumbled and caught my arm on the wardrobe, it stings although its definitely not broken. I've broken all sorts.

Looking foward to the frosty nights - and maybe some wintery precipitation :)

• Like 2

Posted

JP, not sure I approve of the use of the word "wintry" after the recent warm weather for the coming weekend, can we veer towards warm and sunny again please?

Been watching the news and heard an almighty crash outside, on investigation I found one of the wheely bins had taken off in the squally wind outside, oh, and came backa bit damper too as it is raining also.  Plenty of dark at this hour also, not sure if that counts though.

• Like 3

Posted

Right, words such as the following are banned "Wintry,snow, frost, sleet, ice, cold, rain, wind, gales" and similar, and must henceforth be replace by "un-seasonal or un-wanted", I hope this concensus will force the actual weather to re-think its game and get back to the calm warm mild conditions it was taking up.

Anyone found to be flouting these rules will be sent to either AJPS or MKSA for punishment.

Still raining here (and dark spookily enough)

JP I do not favour your chances ;)

Edited by Jax
  • Like 5

Posted

Right, words such as the following are banned "Wintry,snow, frost, sleet, ice, cold, RAIN, wind, gales" and similar, and must henceforth be replace by "un-seasonal or un-wanted", I hope this concensus will force the actual weather to re-think its game and get back to the calm warm mild conditions it was taking up.

Anyone found to be flouting these rules will be sent to either AJPS or MKSA for punishment.

Still RAINING here (and dark spookily enough)

hi jax

i think your in trouble now Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 3

Posted

hi jax

i think your in trouble now Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

shhhhhhh, no one will notice

• Like 3

Posted

You can't beat the sound of rain tapping against the window as you drift off to sleep... it's actually quite comforting.

Night all zzzzz

• Like 1

Posted

Right, words such as the following are banned "Wintry,snow, frost, sleet, ice, cold, rain, wind, gales" Anyone found to be flouting these rules will be sent to either AJPS or MKSA for punishment

I think the mirror have used all of the above - Where is AJPS when you need him :-) "Spring may have sprung but wintry weather is back with showers and even SNOW"http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-showers-snow-expected-3266213 

I thought there was potential for some wintriness, I got shot down, but I may have the last laugh - if only we was in January ..........

If only you was in Scotalnd, the Pennines or the Welsh mountains you might get lucky !!
  • Like 3

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

with these 500 and 850 temps

do not rule out something wintry with this set up if it hits us overnight

however i am sticking to 72 for now as i do not trust the low showing on the fax at 96 and 120

Posted

A  sincere and belated hug to Alix and her family this evening.  Keep the faith. xx

I hope this doesn't sound inappropriate at this time but a dearly loved friend of mine passed away earlier this week at the grand old age of 86. She will be missed but always remembered as a shining light.

Well the weather is certainly taking a turn for the worse and and I am not looking forward to a return of wind, rain and cold northerlies.  That said it's only to be expected at this time of year and I think we've been spoiled in the last couple of weeks.

Wishing you all well folks. Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=311&y=153&run=18&runpara=0&col=1&type=1&ext=1

pressure ensembles for gfs

clearly spread on the 25th

thats where fi is

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/services/ensemble-forecast.html

wanted to update the london ecm ensembles but not updating tonight

the one thing thats helpful if the easterly flow does set up (IF)

it will keep things mainly dry

anyway thats my lot tonight

goodnight allPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, looks like it's brightening up from the west after having rain last night. Hopefully it will be a good day. Almost the weekend :)

• Like 2

Posted

Happy Birthday Surrey, hope you have a lovely day Posted Image

Weather is surprisingly sunny this morning - I was expecting it to still be cloudy after last nights rain.  It is certainly a lot cooler though, but I guess after the last couple of weeks weather, it's easy to forget it's still only March!

Have a good day everyone - it's FFFFriday!  Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all you lovely people and happy birthday to Luke :-)

What a nice surprise to wake up to clear blue sky and strong sunshine - have a great POETS day - it's actually world poetry day today !

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Happy Birthday Luke, enjoy the nice weather.

Its lovely out there this morning.....How is Sunday looking JP? Ive obviously got my bootsale on in the morning in Leigh. Met O says possible showers from 6am on my phone app, but i dont see it coming in until later in the day....any thoughts?

thanks

L

• Like 1