hi jax

i am back to roof repairs tomorrow onwards

got a feeling i may have to take the weekend off

although i may see something wintry if i go high enough up Posted Image

lets see what sunday and monday show soon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

I'm feeling pretty numb, my Dad has been fighting hard since August, had part of his throat removed in a major op including voice box, then intensive radiotherapy.  Had a stroke today, the nerves in his throat are all burnt out from the radio, it's difficult to take it all in.  He has the heart of a lion, and will to stay with us, for the sake of us, but it's not enough.  Just trying to draw some strength from somewhere for tomorrow, to make him laugh through the reality (its what me and my sister do, we make him laugh), even though the pain is unbearable for him and us. 

The weather, it's been cold, with a bitter wind today.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

hi jax

i am back to roof repairs tomorrow onwards

got a feeling i may have to take the weekend off

although i may see something wintry if i go high enough up Posted Image

lets see what sunday and monday show soon

like me you are not sure then (yes I took a peek at the models)

• Like 1

Posted

I'm feeling pretty numb, my Dad has been fighting hard since August, had part of his throat removed in a major op including voice box, then intensive radiotherapy.  Had a stroke today, the nerves in his throat are all burnt out from the radio, it's difficult to take it all in.  He has the heart of a lion, and will to stay with us, for the sake of us, but it's not enough.  Just trying to draw some strength from somewhere for tomorrow, to make him laugh through the reality (its what me and my sister do, we make him laugh), even though the pain is unbearable for him and us. 

Total hugs and more with you at this time, really wish I could do more. :hugs:

• Like 1

Posted

It's funny isn't it how a Dad's job is to make his children laugh, to be daft, to be strong, to make out like everything will forever be ok, yet as time refuses to stand still the balance shifts so that the children become more and more like the Dad, looking for the lightness and the light but increasingly aware of the gathering dark.  My huge sympathies to you A.  My dad, nearly 80, is still going very strong but he's on his own now and misses his wife so much, and we are doing for him now what he did for us then and what others will, hopefully, do for us one day.

AS

• Like 7

Posted

It's funny isn't it how a Dad's job is to make his children laugh, to be daft, to be strong, to make out like everything will forever be ok, yet as time refuses to stand still the balance shifts so that the children become more and more like the Dad, looking for the lightness and the light but increasingly aware of the gathering dark.  My huge sympathies to you A.  My dad, nearly 80, is still going very strong but he's on his own now and misses his wife so much, and we are doing for him now what he did for us then and what others will, hopefully, do for us one day.

AS

they looked after us, only right we look after them.

• Like 3

Posted

i am going to show these for now

will wait to update tomorrow

sunday

Posted Image

a cold north west wind

uppers

Posted Image

Posted Image

cold

and there is precipitation there via a trough on the fax

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday

Posted Image

a weak northerly flow

looks dry

uppers though

Posted Image

Posted Image

certainly not warm

anyway more on this tomorrow

one thing that could happen is a fairly hard frost

sunday night and poss monday night

if planting take note here

• Like 2

Posted

no likey, very cold!

on that note I shall wither to bed.

night all Posted Image

Edited by Jax

Posted

Giant virtual hug A. Stay strong for him, and then come and scream in here when you need to.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

All our love and best wishes to you and your Dad. Some people are just so awesomely brave, keep positive for his sake... he doesn't need to laugh, just to know you're there is enough. And we'll be here thinking of you and your family.

• Like 5

Posted

Not liking the idea of frost much, lots of seedling up nowPosted Image

It may be boring, but for light frosts the easiest/cheapest preventative is to put short twigs in the ground and drape carrier bags over them overnight so that cold air can't get in but they're not touching the plants. They do need to be removed as soon as it's warm enough in the morning, though, to prevent the plants getting damp and mildewed.

• Like 2

Posted

hi ian

its a long way out re the evenings temps

things like cloudcover , fog etc can make a huge difference

so will update closer to the time

i agree re the thread

a lot of very nice people which makes it hard to stay away

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, rather disappointing day today, a lot of cloud, though not overcast.

Like many others I can only hope for the best for your dad. All I can say is stay strong and try to stay positive and hope things improve for the lot of you.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I'm feeling pretty numb, my Dad has been fighting hard since August, had part of his throat removed in a major op including voice box, then intensive radiotherapy.  Had a stroke today, the nerves in his throat are all burnt out from the radio, it's difficult to take it all in.  He has the heart of a lion, and will to stay with us, for the sake of us, but it's not enough.  Just trying to draw some strength from somewhere for tomorrow, to make him laugh through the reality (its what me and my sister do, we make him laugh), even though the pain is unbearable for him and us.  The weather, it's been cold, with a bitter wind today.

My thoughts are with you and your loved ones, Alix, at this most sad and difficult time.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Clear skies here at the moment and birds are finishing their dawn chorus.

Best wishes to Alixzandra today, during an undoubtedly very tough time.

• Like 2

Posted

Alix, my thoughts are with you and your father. AS has it right a father is the comedian of the family, it's him that is first to say it will be alright, it's him whose duty it is to make you laugh when you fall and scarp your knee. But at the moment he can't do that, so he properly would just like a cuddle and a nice hug at the moment, I know I would. Keep strong.

Cloudy day today, with a heavy dew. Been busy designing this week, had 2 absolutely fabulous days, desk is full of calculations, quotations, drawing, sketches and screwed up bits of paper, been a right old mad professor. Thoughts only on problem solving, and boy are there some problems to be solved. Designed a new evaporator (the bit of kit the cold air comes out off), quiet proud of that. Redesigned everything else, calculated all the volumes and pipe lengths, today's job, is to crack the defrost system. Bet you are impressed as the wife when I explained the ne evaporator to her, thought she could have kept awake. Oh well better get on.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all. Some cloud, some sun.

Also the models starting to show a Scandi high developing. If only it was December/January when that happened Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

April can always seem to be a bit of a git of a month for weather. Back in 2004, it was 23c in Geneva in early April - when I got back to Luton airport its was 7c and I had a flat tyre.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

My thoughts are with Alixzandra at what is a difficult time for you.  Keep strong, and if you ever need a virtual hug you have come to the right place.  This thread and the community spirit we have on here is amazing all year round, but particularly during the time when some of our members go through difficult times.

Weather wise, it's a lovely morning out there - much better already than yesterday was with our promise of sun and temperatures in the late teens by the afternoon!  However, I see a change is brewing and we are in for some colder more unsettled weather.  In a strange way, I am looking forward to hearing the rain beat on the windows again - but just as long as it doesn't last the whole of spring!!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Good morning all,

Alix as has been said by lots of members, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this horrific time. Massive hugs to you and yours.....

A nice enough day out there today, getting colder. My poor little boy woke up feeling very sick and so did her indoors. Looks like i will have to have a half day today to go and look after them both.....

• Like 2

Posted

Alix my thoughts are with you this morning. As hard as it is keep smiling and keep fighting, unfortunately my dad passed away 2 years ago now with dementia. No-one prepares you on how to deal with this difficult situation, all i can say is that my prayers and hopes that he is as comfortable as he can be, with his loved ones around him being there with him, making him smile and even if he isnt smiling he will know that you are there. Take strength from memories that you have of him and the wonderful times that you had with him.

Weather today is cold and breezy, am not liking the thought of a temp plunge as i am about to take the little one to Peppa pig next week end no snow please.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all (I think I've just about made it in time !)

Massive virtual hugs to Alix (and others who are going through tough times), I think quite a few of us can empathise with what your going through at the moment with your Father, my Mom had a massive stroke 6 years ago and was left paralysed and tube fed for the two weeks she survived afterwards, it's incredibly difficult seeing someone who has always been there and looked after you laying in a hospital bed helpless and hopeless but try to cherish the time you have left and keep talking to him about happy times, I found that really helped me too as memories came back of silly things from childhood that were almost forgotten and although she couldn't communicate very well she understood what was being said - stay strong !

As for the weather, well I've been a bit busy but I managed to look out the window and it's cloudy and windy - I'm venturing out now to the bank so I'll see if I can get there and back in one piece, the way things have gone this week I'll be lucky but hopefully I'll be back later Posted Image

• Like 4