Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The community managed for years without the like button, as it's only been about (in the form of public likes) for about a year or so, I'd say it's the members, the posts, the pm's and the discussion which make any community, not a like button.

I'd also say this new system could well add something to the community as if people want to engage a bit more with others and show their thanks, agreement or whatever publicly and personally, they may choose to post when previously may have just hit the like button Posted Image

having been around a while, i see no need for the like button :) you either agree or disagree and post accordingly (showing respect and manners) personally, i have always felt a good post deserves a good reply, and a bad post (regardless of what it includes, but mainly if its not showing respect to whom its directed at, total ignoring :D . but thats just my opinion :) )

evening all :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well...its been another stunning day; and now a lovely night with a full moon and clear, starry skies.

Hope you've all had a good week end. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, before the day is done I might as well show some musings about the weather coming up.

First of all, this coming week will generally be cloudier than we have seen recently and as a response generally cooler. The exception being Wednesday which could be another day where 20C could be broken if some sheltered spots. After that it should turn cooler and fresher with single figure maxima probably next weekend.

Beyond that it looks like there will be another plunge of cold air air down the Eastern seaboard and as such will engage the jet heading into the Atlantic. The strength being key but I reckon as it will be weaker than we experienced during the winter that the power should ease when it reaches us and head further north, hence perhaps we will see conditions settling down again in 7-10 days time.

Posted Image

What intrigues me is that ridging over the Pacific which continues to inflict unseasonable cold over the Eastern states and Canada. But given the weaker jet at this time of year it might help in continuing to bring the Azores high close to the UK. Any significant cold looks unlikely apart from maybe a brief PM blast next weekend.

Spring so far is going to plan in my view (if anything more progressive than I thought, I thought our first 20C max might come at the end of this month or the start of April)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Hi A 

Wasn't your home town stunning this weekend?  Gorgeous weather, gin-clear blue skies today, a breeze to keep you on your toes, and the white Georgian terraces like pristine sails ready to take to the sea.  The beach, at least down 'our' end (Nudie beach territory) still had lots of flotsam and jetsam pushed way above the normal tideline, presumably by the storms, but things were getting back to closer to what passes for normal in Brighton.

We realised today as we sat on the pebbles and watched the fishermen, that our next time on a beach will be back in North Pembrokeshire in about 4 week's time and I'm already aching to be there, whatever the weather.

AS

Hi AS, It really was quite uplifting, I take it for granted most of the time.  We took a round trip to garden ctrs in Hassocks and Ditchling, such pretty villages via the Beacon, I smiled broadly as we hit the Beacon, the countryside down below was lush, rolling and it gives a real seasonal sense of whats to come.  If you haven't been to Ditchling tearooms, you should! Drove back through via Devil's Dyke, we are truly blessed to be hemmed in, all sides of the Downs.  The Georgian terraces are a beautiful & rare feature of Brighton's history, you can see why 'Poirot of the little grey cells' favoured his film home here.

Flotsam and jetsam on the nudist beach…it's what passes for normal here ;-)  If it was allowed, I'd post some photography I've taken of the annual naked bike ride…but thats probably a no!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

night Mick....goto bed...now!....lol

must say, some truly excellent photo's in this thread recently, bjaykent's sunrise photo is a particular stunner........For those who aren't aware, there is a facility to create your own gallery here on NW and upload your photo's there permanently, so they never get lost when threads are archived. Also there is a very good photography sub-forum here on net weather as another option for a more permanent record of your photo's.....link ------> http://forum.netweather.tv/forum/55-weather-photography/

• Like 2

Posted

Hi AS, It really was quite uplifting, I take it for granted most of the time.  We took a round trip to garden ctrs in Hassocks and Ditchling, such pretty villages via the Beacon, I smiled broadly as we hit the Beacon, the countryside down below was lush, rolling and it gives a real seasonal sense of whats to come.  If you haven't been to Ditchling tearooms, you should! Drove back through via Devil's Dyke, we are truly blessed to be hemmed in, all sides of the Downs.  The Georgian terraces are a beautiful & rare feature of Brighton's history, you can see why 'Poirot of the little grey cells' favoured his film home here.

Flotsam and jetsam on the nudist beach…it's what passes for normal here ;-)  If it was allowed, I'd post some photography I've taken of the annual naked bike ride…but thats probably a no!

I love Ditchling, the Beacon, the village, had some great pub lunches there, but haven't been to the tearooms - will add to the list. 

We are very lucky to have a share in a flat on Lewes Crescent - my wife's grandmother (long gone) lived for many years in Fife House which is quite some place with amongst other things a loo seat the size of a small village placed there for the visit of Edward VII, who was not the most petite of monarchs.  My wife tells stories of when she and her sisters were little, being afraid of falling through it!  They can at least say they have shared a seat with royalty. 

AS

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

post-10773-0-23844700-1395012357_thumb.j

Oops ... and they say worse things happen at sea how much worse can it be than getting your million pound luxury yacht stuck under a bridge on the Thames in front of hundreds of people (Strong currents were blamed for the watery fail as the river tide came in quickly and the water levels rose by up to 7ft.)

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, cloudy start this morning. Had to happen sooner or later I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Cloudy in a Essex though not a bad morning, mild and calm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Started lovely here but now clouded over......

Posted

Morning all,

Back to work today after a week off last week.  I don't think I could have picked a better week weather wise to be at home, pottering about in the garden and just getting out and about, particulary the latter part of last week.  Once the fog cleared, we were blessed with clear blue skies and warm sunshine.

Shame the same can't be said for today - but then I think todays weather matches my mood being back to work!

I'm off now to carry on plowing through 100's of emails...  zzzzzzzzzzzz!

PS - sorry to read some of us in the region are having a difficult time of things atm :(

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Lovely here now after a bit of a dismal start. Ah..it's clouding over now. But let's say..sunny intervals then. :)

Hope you're all well and enjoying your Monday. I've been trying to fix a recalcitrant door knob. Thank goodness for WD40, a hammer and a screwdriver. :D

• Like 2

Posted

It's not too bad a day out there now, the cloud is clearing and the sun is out.  Plus I only have 10 more emails to deal with!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Lovely day again, warm and mostly sunny. Not quite reaching the heights of the past week but then it is still March so we can't complain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Another warm/mild day, certainly not cold anyway, heating still off (going to save a fortune at this rate),  some bright sunny spells but have to admit there has been more cloud than of late also, but it has remained dry and that is the important bit, we need more dry (asdly I see in the forecast the end of the week is not looking dry or calm).

K I need to sort out some door handles here too, but fear the shafts on them are beyond saving (have tried to fix them) the handles no longer grasp the shaft through the door lock so all stick out away from the door itself.  Oh well.

Hope you all are having a good day :)

(going to see how I can get my mitts on a funky gadget I have seen)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Oops ... and they say worse things happen at sea how much worse can it be than getting your million pound luxury yacht stuck under a bridge on the Thames in front of hundreds of people (Strong currents were blamed for the watery fail as the river tide came in quickly and the water levels rose by up to 7ft.)

Too much money and not enough sense there methinks

Was on a boating holiday on the broads a couple of years ago and tide times along with speed and size of your vessel is driven into you about how important it is, looks like some rich numpty though they were above the laws of physics again and could do anything they wanted and the world would bend to their will.

• Like 2

Posted

Good evening, Been to the dentist for my 6 month check up, all is fine :good:

Been a nice day, it is starting to drag although who can complain after the deluge of a Winter? I would just like to have some more weather into the mix - days of constant sunshine and temps from 13-18c are pleasant, but not that exciting.

Temp 11C it does feel a little chilly in the evening when the sun sets.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
FROM THE MET,   UK Outlook for Saturday 22 Mar 2014 to Monday 31 Mar 2014:

Considerably colder than of late this weekend with sunshine and blustery showers; most frequent in the west and north and merging into more prolonged bands at times. They will also fall as snow over higher ground in the north, and perhaps to low levels here at times; though low level accumulations should be temporary and mostly overnight. Frost and some icy patches are likely overnight. Into next week, it should become less windy and more settled for a time with rainfall becoming mainly restricted to the northwest. Later next week it may turn more unsettled with rain or showers affecting the country; primarily in the northwest, with the southeast seeing the best of the drier and brighter weather. Windy at times. After a cold start, temperatures recovering closer to normal.

Updated: 1159 on Mon 17 Mar 2014

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Evening everyone. :)

A mostly cloudy day here, with sunny intervals.

I know I shouldn't but I have Irish ancestry, as a good excuse and will therefore head out for a St Patrick's Day pint, even if it's undeserved today! :D

• Like 4

Posted

Well, it’s that day again when the Irish miss work and spend all day drinking.

Monday.

Back to normal today after a glorious weekend. Pub beer garden was in action and No.1 son (27 years old) was visiting and decided to take his poor old dad out for a pint. Reached 18.6c yesterday, but only made it to 15.4c today and the sun was only occasionally shining. Still, the woods are drying out nicely, though Jupiter is still confined to the house while his operation wound heals. His mum, Skye, is quite happy to go without him, however, much to his disgust.

• Like 1